1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Coronavirus and NRL

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Knight76, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

if Fox could find a new partner that agreed to showing just two fta games a week and allowed simucast origin and finals I reckon they might even help reduce their cost by going bigger with their offer.

some11 likes this.
  2. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

You would hope so if they are picking up SOO and the GF.

3. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

just read in media thread that they have secured hbo rights so will soon be launching their streaming service called binge. You can see them including Kayo with it and stronger nrl content can only help drive more subscribers.

4. shear_joy9

shear_joy9 First Grade

Styles clash and some11 like this.
  5. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

I hope they don't force you to have both like they force you have their basic service to be able to get sport on foxtel. I am very happy just having Kayo and don't want anything else tied to it to drive the price up.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    some11 likes this.
  6. Johnny88

Johnny88 Juniors

V’landys’ $80m offer sign TV deal is close

ARL Commission chair Peter V’landys has said he will have broadcast talks settled by the end of next week and has demonstrated his conviction to the clubs with an $80 million-plus rescue package for the rest of this season.

V’landys, who has been locked in talks with the Nine Network and Foxtel for several weeks, tabled an offer to a group of club chief executives via NRL boss Andrew Abdo late on Wednesday.

It is believed the clubs were not entirely convinced by the deal, which included a number of scenarios based on where the broadcasting negotiations could land.

The ARL Commission has an insurance policy in the form of a line of credit, Oakwell Advisory Group in England having come to the table with as much as $250m should the game need a helping hand.

V’landys would prefer not to rely on outside sources, although he and the commission may have their hand forced should the broadcasting deal continue to wreak havoc with the financial future of the game.

It is understood V’landys is close to striking a deal with Foxtel and while Nine is playing hard to get, they are bound by a contract that runs until the end of 2022.

The commission is open to extending that deal for as many as five years, although it would be on the condition that the networks play ball for this season.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/5f1f3bc84b1675d439e8d0dc17f7ba7c

7. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

The NRL honestly isn't asking much of these assholes, when you sit back and think about it. They're asking that the broadcasters simply acknowledge that this year has been unprecedented in nature and beyond anyone's help, so lets just do our best with what we have left in 2020 then get on with it. That really isn't much to ask for. And Nine in particular have chosen to dance to death metal on the apple cart instead of being supportive of the code they claim to respect so much in trying times. "Home of Rugby League", give me a full f**king leviosa spell.

Captain Apollo and some11 like this.
  8. Canard

Canard Referee

9. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Tomorrow we will be hearing “Vlad took an extra big shit today. A tv deal is imminent!”

Just as relevant....

10. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

11. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Referee

There's no use beating around the bush on this issue...

Anti-Vaxxers are a bunch of braindead f**king morons and I've no issue if the NRL bans them from playing in 2020 without pay.

MORONS. Why are some people so unfathomably dumb?

12. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly First Grade

Could be interesting if some players refuse to train or play with anti-vaxxers. I don’t let my kids play with kids who’s parents are anti-vaxxers. That’s my right.

13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Juniors

f**k me. Vaccine-injured is reckless language

14. TheVelourFog

TheVelourFog First Grade

hopefully its taken out of the NRLs hands and these anti-vaxxers are given the flick

surely would be part of the government stipulations for the season to get up and running

Styles clash and some11 like this.
  15. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly First Grade

Who should we listen to in this vaccine debate? Science with years of historical evidence or Cartwright’s missus, Shanelle?

Styles clash, AJB1102, some11 and 8 others like this.
  16. Silent Knight

Silent Knight First Grade

Copley can f*** off to Yankee Doodle Land if he's so concerned about his freedumbs. That guy and Cartwright are a big part of the reason why the Titans are so sh*t.

some11 likes this.
  17. Canard

Canard Referee

The reality is that it's rich bored housewife syndrome.

Not a lot of anti-vaxxer's in third world countries.

18. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

I guess the evidence is in. If you can't trust Dale Copley and Shanelle's opinions, who can you trust?

some11, Phil McGrawhan and Canard like this.
  19. nick87

nick87 Coach

I could not be more disappointed in Sia, Papalii and Tapine for their stance on this.
    It completely bucks science and the physical toll the game takes will leave them far more damaged than any flu shot will

But fine, you dont want it, dont get it and just sign the f**king waiver accepting you're at greater risk. That's the choice you made and if you dont believe in science, and therefore dont believe you're at greater risk, then why do you care if you sign a document saying you're at greater risk

Papalii and Tapine is not surprising, those guys... to be perfectly frank, at not the sharpest knives in the draw.
    Sia Soliola that's where im genuinely upset at his involvement. I had held him in the highest esteem possible for a raiders player. Tough, hard, uncompromising footballer with a ton of skill, who does it the right way with hard work, and was maybe the best off field leader and role model the club has had since Ruben Wiki.

My opinions on him have dropped precipitously

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  20. Dave's mate

Dave's mate Juniors

The autism in this thread is off the charts. Keep poisoning yourselves sheeple

some11 and SBD82 like this.