What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-start to season

Kilkenny

Coach
Will be interesting to see the full draw when it becomes available.

I take nothing for granted but there is certainly an opportunity to be 4-0 if we perform to our best.

franklin2323

Immortal
Will be interesting to see the full draw when it becomes available.

I take nothing for granted but there is certainly an opportunity to be 4-0 if we perform to our best.

I don’t see it being released in full. Certainly not venues.. I think they will hold out hope we get crowds at the end of the year

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t see it being released in full. Certainly not venues.. I think they will hold out hope we get crowds at the end of the year

In my opinion, even allowing for the hysteria around a second wave and associated concerns, seriously I don’t see any reason’s why crowds should not be back by July.

This virus is not going to be totally eradicated, it is going to linger, there may be clusters here and there but given our low, low infection rates we need to bite the bullet and return to a social distancing normal sooner rather than later and that allows for fans at footy matches.

franklin2323

Immortal
In my opinion, even allowing for the hysteria around a second wave and associated concerns, seriously I don’t see any reason’s why crowds should not be back by July.

This virus is not going to be totally eradicated, it is going to linger, there may be clusters here and there but given our low, low infection rates we need to bite the bullet and return to a social distancing normal sooner rather than later and that allows for fans at footy matches.

Me too. That is when the government subsidies end so would make sense if rates stay low why crowds at major events wouldn’t be on the cards by then

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I tend to disagree. I can't see any crowds beyond say 500 being allowed during 2020.

Sadly with the lockdown being eased, crowds at the footy (because of their proximity to each other....seats) I can't see crowds before 2021.

Life is going to be very different.

I can see temp checks in 2021, hand sanitizer as crowds roll in for 2021.I can see the same at airports and others venues like the theatre too.

GongPanther

Referee
I tend to disagree. I can't see any crowds beyond say 500 being allowed during 2020.

Sadly with the lockdown being eased, crowds at the footy (because of their proximity to each other....seats) I can't see crowds before 2021.

Life is going to be very different.

I can see temp checks in 2021, hand sanitizer as crowds roll in for 2021.I can see the same at airports and others venues like the theatre too.
This would be the common sense approach, although I can't see how people would risk going to the theatre as it is more enclosed and intimate. One big sneeze from someone, and it would be mad stampede for the exits. :)

franklin2323

Immortal
That will be probably be the case for indoors but outdoors plenty of things can do like sell every 2nd seat etc in the open to allow larger numbers

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That will be probably be the case for indoors but outdoors plenty of things can do like sell every 2nd seat etc in the open to allow larger numbers

I don't think that would be viable. I think Australia will be quite slow and steady in bringing things back, or your end up when 1,0000 + cases overnight, the tracking falls apart and we are in a mess. All the good work down the drain. The US is showing the world this.

I think footy all codes, even cricket in the summer will be crowd free.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This would be the common sense approach, although I can't see how people would risk going to the theatre as it is more enclosed and intimate. One big sneeze from someone, and it would be mad stampede for the exits. :)

I agree. I know the threatre is doing sreaming concerts of orchestras and the like. I'm told it works well.

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree. I know the threatre is doing sreaming concerts of orchestras and the like. I'm told it works well.

Wife and I are regular movie goers, are rarely at say Hoyts at Penrith are there ever more than 20 persons. (Admittedly we don’t go peak times Friday/Saturday nights) or when the blockbusters are showing early in there release but I’m sure cinemas could open with safe social distancing and there would be little risk is properly applied.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wife and I are regular movie goers, are rarely at say Hoyts at Penrith are there ever more than 20 persons. (Admittedly we don’t go peak times Friday/Saturday nights) or when the blockbusters are showing early in there release but I’m sure cinemas could open with safe social distancing and there would be little risk is properly applied.

Bit like the dine in cafes.

I was thinking more about musicals, plays, rock concerts.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bit like the dine in cafes.

I was thinking more about musicals, plays, rock concerts.

Even with cafe’s, restaurants and the like surely the size of the restaurant could have a bearing on how many patrons could safely be accommodated within social distancing guidelines. Perhaps a restaturant that can normally seat 250 patrons could allow for 50 instead of the current 10 person maximum. For the overall good of our economy surely we have to be flexible in order to kick start things and get our economy up and running again.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Even with cafe’s, restaurants and the like surely the size of the restaurant could have a bearing on how many patrons could safely be accommodated within social distancing guidelines. Perhaps a restaturant that can normally seat 250 patrons could allow for 50 instead of the current 10 person maximum. For the overall good of our economy surely we have to be flexible in order to kick start things and get our economy up and running again.

It will take time. Have you seen the mess some states in the US are in. They have written the book on how not to ease lockdown. They are loosing 1,000+ a day. Last count over 89,000 dead.

Kilkenny

Coach
It will take time. Have you seen the mess some states in the US are in. They have written the book on how not to ease lockdown. They are loosing 1,000+ a day. Last count over 89,000 dead.

I think there situation is entirely different with such a high infection rate.

We are recording single figures accross the country each day and I understand there are infected persons with no symptoms etc but still I think the financial consequences are greater than the health risks. At the same time persons in the high risk category should not take any risks and therefore it is safer for such persons to remain largely isolated.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think there situation is entirely different with such a high infection rate.

We are recording single figures accross the country each day and I understand there are infected persons with no symptoms etc but still I think the financial consequences are greater than the health risks. At the same time persons in the high risk category should not take any risks and therefore it is safer for such persons to remain largely isolated.

The rate of infection can spike at a scary rate, (because the virus multiples itself ( unlike the flu or other know viruses( I don't think you can afford to take chances, there I think the resumption will be slow and careful. A good economy is great, but you actual need folks alive to enjoy it.

Kilkenny

Coach
The rate of infection can spike at a scary rate, (because the virus multiples itself ( unlike the flu or other know viruses( I don't think you can afford to take chances, there I think the resumption will be slow and careful. A good economy is great, but you actual need folks alive to enjoy it.

I honestly believe the dire financial consequences of the decisions we are taking are going to have a much greater impact than the virus itself. I really do.

I honestly believe we could play our game against the Knights at Panthers Stadium, full house and there would be no one in the ground with the virus and therefore not capable of passing it on. Even if there were, provided people are sensible with the hand washing and other preventive measures there is little risk. The bottom line is, those at risk, ie over 65 with pre existing medical conditions are best advised not to go. I am aware the risks in certain countries such as the USA, UK and other high risk European cities are different but we are at the stage in this country with such low number of cases it is time to get back to normal and accept there may be small spikes here and there but they will be manageable and not catastrophic. The virus is now part of our landscape and not going to go away, a vaccine is for the most part unlikely, given there has never been a successful vaccine found previously to counter corona viruses. The predications from our so called pandemic experts in this country have proven to be massively alarmist and there projections bear no resemblence to what has occurred. We have done a great job for which we can be proud but we need to get back to normal sooner rather than later and accept there are going to continuing issues around this virus but we can manage it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Rest of the draw is out. We went pretty good out of it.

Cleary’s 1st game back is v Parra. Then Storm at ‘home’ and Souffs.

5/7 should be the aim. Especially as we have already played 3 of last years top 4

GongPanther

Referee
Rest of the draw is out. We went pretty good out of it.

Cleary’s 1st game back is v Parra. Then Storm at ‘home’ and Souffs.

5/7 should be the aim. Especially as we have already played 3 of last years top 4
Can't see us not making the finals unless some f**king idiot films themselves on youtube again.

TheFrog

Coach
I honestly believe we could play our game against the Knights at Panthers Stadium, full house and there would be no one in the ground with the virus and therefore not capable of passing it on.
Penrith is regarded as one of the two hotspot local government areas for Covid-19, along with The Hills. Wholely and solely due to Westmarch House. Even Waverley is now in the clear.

Still, it looks like they are about to start cramming people into public transport and Qantas plans to fly fully loaded planes. Full footy stadiums don't seem any worse than that.