What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Yes, it went backwards but surely you can understand why the touchie called it forward. He passed it backwards 2m before the line and the winger caught it on the line. It wasn’t a howler.

Touchies are trained to make the correct calls on those. Should never have happened.

some11

Referee
Yes, it went backwards but surely you can understand why the touchie called it forward. He passed it backwards 2m before the line and the winger caught it on the line. It wasn’t a howler.
That's not what constitutes a forward pass m8

SBD82

Coach
It's a good side.

Got Melbourne, the Roosters and the Eels out of the way now as well which is good.
I like the balance of the side. Although Fainu is a huge loss.

Not going to get carried away until I see how they fare against the might of Mary’s Dragons, but there are some good signs there.

Front-Rower

First Grade

FMD the ball was thrown backwards, that is all that matters. End of story

T-Boon

Coach
I thought the ball was passed forward. It was obviously caught a long way forward of where it left the hand.
One could argue it was possibly flat out of the hands, but then add to that it did go forward a long way - all in all, it was an acceptable decision, probably the correct decision. We must accept that if players want to throw these borderline flat/forward passes that definitely go a long way forward then we just have to leave it up to the referees to decide. Which they did. Forward.

SBD82

Coach
The media will overhype this match but if viewed realistically, it tells a few truths about Parra. Manly were absolutely awful for most of that match, we're ridden by Cummins and ultimately robbed of victory. Currently, there's daylight between these 2 sides and Canberra/Roosters imo.
How many was that?

skeepe

Immortal
I thought the ball was passed forward. It was obviously caught a long way forward of where it left the hand.
One could argue it was possibly flat out of the hands, but then add to that it did go forward a long way - all in all, it was an acceptable decision, probably the correct decision. We must accept that if players want to throw these borderline flat/forward passes that definitely go a long way forward then we just have to leave it up to the referees to decide. Which they did. Forward.

no. You’re wrong.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I feel for the refs on this one.. I'd bet that 90% of people seeing that in fast motion would declare it was forward.

What's the solution to what has eternally be an issue?

Forward passes are difficult to rule on. Do we introduce video decisions on forward passes in try scoring situations (perhaps player challenges on it)?

Pretty clear it was backward based on review.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah, nah.

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean, I had a sneaky look after seeing the blow ups.

Definitely forward but see those let go often. Meh. We've been on the wrong end of hundreds of those over the years. Looked like a good game, keen to watch the recording.

skeepe

Immortal
It was definitely not thrown backwards. At best it was thrown flat. How anyone can say it was thrown backwards is beyond me.
People can say it was thrown backwards because... wait for it... are you ready.... it absolutely f**king was.

I would suggest you visit your nearest optometrist post haste, because your eyes are clearly not working properly.