What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Dragons drama as Tristan Sailor looks for exit

RedVDave

First Grade
I was sceptical when he only signed a 1 year deal, sad times indeed our 2 promising backs want out while our 2 current backs get picked despite stinking up the joint week in week out.

If I were Saab or Sailor I'd be pissed to if I were told Rava and JP were above me, I've said if before worst backs in the comp bar none just give the young blokes a decent bloody go!!!

gitano

Juniors
Let's not jump up and down about every player who threatens to leave.

Dufty rumoured to have a deal waiting elsewhere, so be it. I don't want my fullback diving in front of people, as he's to small and weak to run the prick hard.

Sailor has more a dig, but he's just a bit of everything and not much of anything to be fair. If his name wasn't Sailor he wouldn't rate a mention.

Saab on the other hand, yeah panic. Lock him up, he will he an absolute weapon when he develops.

The thing with playing hardball at the negotiating table, is you need either runs on the board or something special.

Tristan has neither.

TruSaint

Referee

Dufty rumoured to have a deal waiting elsewhere, so be it. I don't want my fullback diving in front of people, as he's to small and weak to run the prick hard.

Sailor has more a dig, but he's just a bit of everything and not much of anything to be fair. If his name wasn't Sailor he wouldn't rate a mention.

Saab on the other hand, yeah panic. Lock him up, he will he an absolute weapon when he develops.

The thing with playing hardball at the negotiating table, is you need either runs on the board or something special.

Tristan has neither.

Post #2.

This isnt about Sailor, its about the stench at the Club.

hazzbeen

Bench

Tristan has neither.
Its not that he is going or wants out its about not been given any chance to settle in and see if he can cut it .... Its not like the team is firing on all cylinders , more like a pop gun, it gives no hope to the young blokes to stay .....

BLM01

First Grade
Now that the coach has been made safe all the young guys want out.

I’ve heard it from Dufty. McGregor gives none of the young guys a decent chance. None of them want to be gergcoached under him.
Mc0 saga is not over by a long shot despite the Boards full support only yesterday
The board and players are now pushing him to a corner where he will have to leave on his own accord

Bench
There was a post in JA saying that we were in talks in the off season where we would swap Lafai and Sailor for JAC.
Storm wanted Lafai and Saab and that’s where it ended
If this was true we should approach them again, would be a win win for us. Sorry I used win win.

tumbidragon

First Grade
tenor.gif
Building 7didn't kill himself.

St George Illawarra young gun Tristan Sailor is looking to follow teen sensation Jason Saab out of the door as he contemplates asking for an immediate release from the club in a bid to play in the NRL again.

Sailor, the son of Dragons great Wendell Sailor, has been on the sidelines all season after making his debut last year. He was again left out of coach Paul McGregor's 21-man squad named on Tuesday despite the club's winless start.

full article.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...an-sailor-looks-for-exit-20200610-p551df.html
This proves what Graham is talking through his britches when he insists that the playing group is 100% behind career coach.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mary has upset Blacker, Clune, Dufty, Ford, Host, Ramsey, Saab, Sailor and Sauni-Esau and Korbin Sims by either ignoring them for the 2020 season or promoting them for one game and then demoting them. No doubt if he stays on as coach he will then drop his geriatric mates who will then stir the pot.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Yep, Hazza.
Again, there are better judges out there as to whether he will make a real 1st grader, but this is just an indictment of the decision made by the Club to save a few pennies. And try and save face by NOT admitting they got the extension wrong. Farce. Just pathetic.
The stupidity of all this is that supposedly we have been forced to hang onto Mary because of financial restrictions.....so we keep Mary but look like losing Saab, Sailor and perhaps even Vaughan added to already losing Frizz. So we save money by keeping Mary spiking a rush of players wanting to leave and then we will be forced to pay overs for players to come to our club. Crazy in the extreme.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep , there’s no doubt that Wendell would want his son out . He would have a far better chance of actually playing top grade footy elsewhere - anywhere but the Dragons .

The nuts and bolts are truly beginning to fall of this cart now and it won’t be much longer before it will be headed towards the scrap yard for good .

Who knows perhaps the NRL itself may decide that the time is ripe to replace the Joint Venture with another entity - the Central Coast Bears ?