What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Seems like his only footprint at the club these days is in the form of his mastery of the press conference- so heaven help you.

He’d be ringing his management complaining that they left the selection of the side out of his contractual responsibilities. Small oversight.

Albert is obviously thumbing through the League Unlimited league magazine this morning selecting the side for this weekend!

Was that in the red v email or Webby forgot again?

Things are far worse than I thought possible.

Well he does still get to select the Loved One Aitken it seems-his sole selection concession I’d say
Webby,
On your
Day 71

...so nice to see you’ve found your voice, dusted yourself off, grown a pair
& recognised that there are 30,000 fans out there who know shi/t when they smell it

Bravo on the info

Now while you’re on the transparency kick, tell us the exact status of Andrew’s Waterboy too

....rather than have the leaker dripfeed us via Hoops

& BTW
glad you’ve seen the light Hoops
- we kinda knew you were the likely renegade at FOX

Anyway Ryan, just give us the truth
& the pressure will be off everyone

....& tell The Gordons & the Faceless Ones to fuc/k off

& that you’ll do the PR your way.

But renege or deflect again & the war with the fans will be back on mate

Taking selection & strategy out of McFail’s hands at that Board meeting has done the trick

“It’s a unique scenario and extremely rare for an NRL head coach to be forced into a voting process on selections.

It would never happen to WayneBennett, Craig Bellamy or RickyStuart.”

Just no more of this outmoded, unprofessional loyalty-in-the-face-of-disaster crap from you:

“The decision on Paul’s future was one out of loyalty”
Gordon loyalty you mean?

Tell us the terms & nature of “Paul’s future”

Anyway the players certainly responded to his power having been eviscerated.

...an emasculation that was written all over Conerunner’s face at the presser ...

Just loved that

So we know it’s still only baby steps for you Webby - re transparency

.... & the hoped-for
emerging from a decade of cloak & dagger Boardroom subterfuge

But just tell us now
how far
Pauly’s been moved
sideways

...& when he’s going

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Well he does still get to select the Loved One Aitken it seems-his sole selection concession I’d say
Webby,
On your
Day 71

...so nice to see you’ve found your voice, dusted yourself off, grown a pair
& recognised that there are 30,000 fans out there who know shi/t when they smell it

Bravo on the info

Now while you’re on the transparency kick, tell us the exact status of Andrew’s Waterboy too

....rather than have the leaker dripfeed us via Hoops

& BTW
glad you’ve seen the light Hoops
- we kinda knew you were the likely renegade at FOX

Anyway Ryan, just give us the truth
& the pressure will be off everyone

....& tell The Gordons & the Faceless Ones to fuc/k off

& that you’ll do the PR your way.

But renege or deflect again & the war with the fans will be back on mate

Taking selection & strategy out of McFail’s hands at that Board meeting has done the trick

“It’s a unique scenario and extremely rare for an NRL head coach to be forced into a voting process on selections.

It would never happen to WayneBennett, Craig Bellamy or RickyStuart.”

Just no more of this outmoded, unprofessional loyalty-in-the-face-of-disaster crap from you:

“The decision on Paul’s future was one out of loyalty”
Gordon loyalty you mean?

Tell us the terms & nature of “Paul’s future”

Anyway the players certainly responded to his power having been eviscerated.

...an emasculation that was written all over Conerunner’s face at the presser ...

Just loved that

So we know it’s still only baby steps for you Webby - re transparency

.... & the hoped-for
emerging from a decade of cloak & dagger Boardroom subterfuge

But just tell us now
how far
Pauly’s been moved
sideways

...& when he’s going
Dont pat Webby too much on the back for coming out of the closet
He just copied one of Doust's feel good letters to the members over the past 8 years with only some of the names changed and date.
We have heard all the dribble about everything is rosy in Red V land too many times over the last decade...and that too wears thin.. he will learn that quicksmart.
I bet he is preparing his next hosed down members bulletin as we speak

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So we have a coach who had the recruitment taken off him a few years back. Now he’s not allowed to pick the team by himself. Well that doesn’t sound like much of a coach to me........ What’s next - he can’t give the half time speech? Well actually that would be helpful too.
I’m stunned at how breathtakingly dumb these people running the club are. Just sack the moron.

From what i saw it was Flanno who spoke to the boys.at half time on Sunday. McGregor was nowhere to he seen.

It it just me, or does it seem a deliberate attempt by the club to undermine McGregor to get him to resign?

LINESPEED

Juniors
From what i saw it was Flanno who spoke to the boys.at half time on Sunday. McGregor was nowhere to he seen.

It it just me, or does it seem a deliberate attempt by the club to undermine McGregor to get him to resign?

Not being able to see the writing on the wall is another low IQ parameter

...as is the lack of an honourable response to what is now public humiliation in front of the playing group

...as is his failure to read the social cues coming from every direction

Just cart the water & run the cones for Andrew

& all will be well in your sheltered workshop at WINless

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not being able to see the writing on the wall is another low IQ parameter

...as is the lack of an honourable response to what is now public humiliation in front of the playing group

...as is his failure to read the social cues coming from every direction

Just cart the water & run the cones for Andrew

& all will be well in your sheltered workshop at WINless

Oh I think he sees the writing, maybe he just doesn't understand what it says!

But seriously, he knows and is going to milk it for everything its worth.

denis preston

First Grade

I'd say it's a compromise .Gordon said no way we will sack him and the rest said ok but here are the changes.Only way McMoron leaves his contract is if he got an offer from Superleague.He knows that if he doesnt his career is over.

hewi

Bench
From The Roar

Whoever has final saying on recruitment and handling the player contracts at the Dragons should lose their job well before Paul McGregor does

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'd say it's a compromise .Gordon said no way we will sack him and the rest said ok but here are the changes.Only way McMoron leaves his contract is if he got an offer from Superleague.He knows that if he doesnt his career is over.
I don't think Mcwrekor will be coaching another professional football team once he gets the bullet.

I just hope that when he does get the bullet, they pay him out and he leaves and isn't offered a recruitment/development/football manager type role.

hazzbeen

Bench
I don't think Mcwrekor will be coaching another professional football team once he gets the bullet.

I just hope that when he does get the bullet, they pay him out and he leaves and isn't offered a recruitment/development/football manager type role.
I keep hearing what a great bloke he is , really nice guy , they should give him a role as the love God .... He can talk to players when they are down and give them love lots of love , because its obvious to all HE CAN'T COACH ..... SACK THE IMPOSTOR .......

denis preston

First Grade

NO !!! After scamming the club over 4 million in wages since he retired as a player i think he has left his legacy. Another job would surely show that the "old boys club " is still pivot able in the DNA of the club's culture ( or as the board is saying "loyalty "! )

RedVDave

First Grade
NO !!! After scamming the club over 4 million in wages since he retired as a player i think he has left his legacy. Another job would surely show that the "old boys club " is still pivot able in the DNA of the club's culture ( or as the board is saying "loyalty "! )

He's had many jobs with us trainer, assistant coach and head coach unfortunately he has failed at all of them, I have no problem with ex players working as an ambassador i.e. Timmins but let's leave the coaching and training gigs to the professionals.

Gareth67

First Grade

It would be most pleasing to know if Flanagan has been given the role of having a chin-wag to the boys at the half-time break .

At least the players would have more confidence in what was coming from his mouth then the maestros .

And the supporters themselves would know that the team would be putting in a wholehearted effort , week in , week out . That alone is a step in the right direction .

Coffs dragon

Bench

I wonder if Mary’s 2 way radio is actually connected in the coaching box. Might just be an illusion for the cameras that he’s in charge & Flanno actually giving the instructions out of view from the back.
Ten four rubber duck we have a silenced Mcf**k.

George Dragon

Juniors
It starts at the top’: Dragons great lashes Red V executive and offers to help old club
DRAGONS

St George Illawarra legend Matt Cooper says he’s never been asked to help the Red V players, but he would do it in a heartbeat.

Cooper played 14 seasons for his beloved Red V and won the 2010 grand final with them, being a genuine fan favourite at the club over his career.

He’s now resigned to sitting back and watching the Dragons struggle to win games, having played only three finals games since Paul McGregor took over as coach six years ago.

Cooper - a star Origin quality centre - says he would jump at the chance to work with the playing group if asked

“As a former player, as an outside back, I could see so many errors defensively that the outside backs were doing,” he told NRL Tonight.

“I would have loved to be able to help these young players because that was one of my strong suits as a player, my defence. I would have loved to have been there for these young boys and taught them how to do it right.

“I was working for the club in the community side of things, and it would have been nice to get a tap on the shoulder and say ‘Matt can you help out?’ because I would have done it in a heartbeat.

“I feel for the players, the players are always doing their job and it’s a hard job. I did it for 14 years.”

Cooper is about to embark on a holiday around Australia and so isn’t available this year, but says his phone will be on if the Dragons want to contact him at any stage in the future.

St George Illawarra scored its first win of the season on Sunday against Cronulla, which has helped alleviate some pressure on McGregor and the players.

Cooper says the result will only help to brush over serious issues at the club, but says it’s not the players that need to change.

“It definitely puts wallpaper over some deep cracks. It was good to see the Dragons win for the players, because the players have been putting in every week,” Cooper said.

“But there’s deep issues at the club, and I think it starts at the top.

“You see Brian Johnston take the (CEO) job up for, what was it, six months and then he’s gone. That for me seems to be a problem at the club.

“That’s something that players, coaches, and everyone around the club, they feel that pressure, they feel what’s going on. It effects players and obviously it effects coaches.

“The leadership in the board, we’ve had Peter Doust has left, Brian Johnston has come in and left. I think in between the board there must be a rift, or there’s something happening there.

“When it comes to the coach, what do you do with Mary? He’s been coaching for, what, eight years now? You’re going to have to sack him, pay for a new coach to come in, or do you ride out the season?”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/cb52efc1eaed5143aec9d434533b965f

ChocOConnor

Juniors
If Coops was at any other club the coaching staff would have hauled him in and asked to show the present team how to defend.
He was one hell of a player. People think he didn’t have an attack but he could attack.
What I would do for him to be part of the set up now.

But I guess he would show up the current coaching staff or clowns to be real up

Latest posts