What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

blacksafake

First Grade
If we stick to the golden rule of 'like for like or better' when recruiting we won't go wrong. Of course, there is always an opportunity for bringing in players with potential but that class of player should be reserved for our young gun juniors who have proved themselves in Canterbury Cup e.g. Lomax, Saab and Blacker.

So right now we need to replace two marque forwards and a marque fullback, so:
  • Frizell replaced by D Fifita
  • Graham replaced by JDB or a marquee prop
  • Dufty replaced by a marquee fullback
I believe with a new top grade coach, we will only need 3 outside recruits for season 2021. We can use our current crop of young guns to fill all other vacancies. My top 17 for 2021 would be:

NRL Team:
1. New marquee fullback

2. Ramsey
3. Z Lomax
4. Williame
5. Saab
6. Sullivan
7. Clune

8. JDB or New marquee prop
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims

12. D Fifita
13. McInnes

Bench:
14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Laurie
17. Fuimaono

Gone:
Graham, Frizell, Lafai, Aitken, K Sims, Sailor. We may lose a few more.

Canterbury Cup:
1. Schiller
2. Pereira
3. Ravalawa - let's train him up to be a centre
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Dufty - played in the halves in his junior days
7. Norman - can help Dufty develop
8. Blacker
9. Brittain
10. Host
11. Ford
12. H Lomax
13. Lovodua

Bench
14. Young prop
15. Young prop
16. Young backrower
17. Sauni-Esau
Sorry Possm but there’s no way D Fifita will be coming to our club.
As for a Marquee fullback there are only 3 or 4 of them & they’re all tied up so there’s no chance of one of them coming also. Not that any of them would.

George Sancti

Juniors
If we stick to the golden rule of 'like for like or better' when recruiting we won't go wrong. Of course, there is always an opportunity for bringing in players with potential but that class of player should be reserved for our young gun juniors who have proved themselves in Canterbury Cup e.g. Lomax, Saab and Blacker.

I believe with a new top grade coach, we will only need 3 outside recruits for season 2021. We can use our current crop of young guns to fill all other vacancies. My top 17 for 2021 would be:

NRL Team:
1. New marquee fullback

2. Ramsey
3. Z Lomax
4. Williame
5. Saab
6. Sullivan
7. Clune

9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims

12. D Fifita
13. McInnes

Bench:
14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Laurie
17. Fuimaono

Gone:

Canterbury Cup:
1. Schiller
2. Pereira
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
8. Blacker
9. Brittain
10. Host
11. Ford
12. H Lomax
13. Lovodua

Bench
14. Young prop
15. Young prop
16. Young backrower
17. Sauni-Esau

George Sancti

Juniors
Sorry Possm, I am still coming to terms with the technology. I like where you are going with the team, and although Fifita would be great, if not him, it is likely that other young good forwards at Brisbane may be looking for an opportunity elsewhere.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sorry Possm but there’s no way D Fifita will be coming to our club.
As for a Marquee fullback there are only 3 or 4 of them & they’re all tied up so there’s no chance of one of them coming also. Not that any of them would.
This is what people don’t seem to understand the pickings are very slim, I’ve looked at all the off contract players in every position and besides Fifita who’s not coming here there is really no one I would get excited about. Saab is the best winger on the market even though he’s not technically on the market that’s why Melbourne are after him. There are very few props on the market besides Saifiti who I would imagine will stay with his brother at Newcastle. After him there isn’t really anyone I’d rather over Blacker. Our only hope is to get our young crop up to speed with a good coach built around McInnes and Lomax and hope if we start punching out some wins we can attract a player or two. It’s looking increasingly like we will have to build from within to me.

getsmarty

Immortal

NRL Team:
1. New marquee fullback

2. Ramsey
3. Z Lomax
4. Williame
5. Saab
6. Sullivan
7. Clune

9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims

12. D Fifita
13. McInnes

Bench:
14. Kerr
15. Merrin
16. Laurie
17. Fuimaono

Gone:

Canterbury Cup:
1. Schiller
2. Pereira
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
8. Blacker
9. Brittain
10. Host
11. Ford
12. H Lomax
13. Lovodua

Bench
14. Young prop
15. Young prop
16. Young backrower
17. Sauni-Esau

Some interesting points possm...I think you will find that Ramsey is being earmarked as a future fullback. Dufty has also improved over the last few games, so who knows when we get a new coach things should be looking up....plenty of promising youngsters coming through.

Bench
I think the way he has been playing Dufty is improving every game. The only fullback I would want is Tedesco, but I doubt he wants to tarnish his ability
He is one of the best fullbacks in many a year

Dragon David

First Grade
Fox website saying he is gone.
Effective immediately. Last game was versus Titans. He says as a parting gesture that -
“You’ve got a coach there who I would walk to the end of the earth for and a playing group that I am incredibly bonded to". “I think good times are around the corner. But I had to make it about me and the opportunity that was presented to me in order to go home and finish my career there.”

possm

Coach
Effective immediately. Last game was versus Titans. He says as a parting gesture that -
“You’ve got a coach there who I would walk to the end of the earth for and a playing group that I am incredibly bonded to". “I think good times are around the corner. But I had to make it about me and the opportunity that was presented to me in order to go home and finish my career there.”
Are there international flights available? I thought all international airports in Australia are closed.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Im glad they let him go, at his stage of career its probably his last shot at a bit of glory and a solid paycheque. Happy with the attitude he brought but it looks like he has passed the baton on to Kerr so hopefully we can resign him.

possm

Coach
Im glad they let him go, at his stage of career its probably his last shot at a bit of glory and a solid paycheque. Happy with the attitude he brought but it looks like he has passed the baton on to Kerr so hopefully we can resign him.
Is Blacker still with us or did he go to another club for the rest of the season on loan?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Stupid question, but is the English comp even running at the moment?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As far as I know British Citizens can fly in but have to dp 14 day quarantine. The ESL is suggested to kick off again in August, so: leave now, do14 day quarantine some "pre-season" training after that and ready for game 1.

The question remains that he was going to be allowed to leave only once we sucured his replacement. So, who is it?

RedVDave

First Grade
He can now start putting Vaseline on his shorts again. Thanks for the memories, I guess the question now is who did we sign in his place?