What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was decent in broken play and for the most part defended well, but he couldn’t organise a root in a brothel. Dylan’s at his best when he doesn’t have to organise anything and can just play what’s in front of him.

He was ordinary today (And last week) with the added responsibility

I'm a massive fan of his, and I agree - he's been struggling.

But imo, that's on Arthur - Brown is 20, with fewer than 50 First Grade games under his belt.

Partnering him with Field...not a stroke of genius...

T-Boon

Coach
It happens. The Roosters lost to Canberra this weekend.

I reckon they are entitled to a complacent game or two this season. They have nothing to prove with their ability generally and specifically to turn up when it matters. I dont think their fans would suddenly be wondering who the real Roosters are.
Whereas Parra fans are entitled to be pissed if these guys think they can be complacent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thought quite harsh on Field as well. Was anyone actually expecting him to legitimately pressure Moses' spot?

No, probably not - but I think it's not unreasonable to expect a half to contribute a little more than he did.

I don’t want to knock the kid - he is also a rookie - but I think he is shying away too much from organising our attack.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Thought quite harsh on Field as well. Was anyone actually expecting him to legitimately pressure Moses' spot?
No, but I don’t think it’s expecting too much to have a back up half that can either kick, run (he can but he didn’t), ball play or organise. They’re the attributes of a 1st grade half. If your 7 doesn’t do any of these things he is not playing to a 1st grade standard. Field had a decent first game due to some broken play opportunities but he’s not a half.

Dibs

Bench
You see it twenty times a game hands on the player I lever yourself up. Get up whingeing six again. Happens constantly in games.
Yep, so don’t do it and you can’t get pinged. I guess you’re thinking the ref gave it because he whinged, more likely the linesmen told him, hence the delay

T-Boon

Coach
He isn't ready to be our main playmaker - he's eligible for Jersey Flegg ffs. But he made thirty tackles and ran for over 160 metres. He will be a great player.

He needs to get a sprint coach and do hill sprints. I cant believe how many times he manages to not make a break when he looks like he is going to. He is deceptively slow.

Tooooks

Bench
We would take 2 of 3 games without Moses and zero kicking game.
I reckon the coach should have played Matterson. When you rest a guy because he has a sore finger you are really asking for trouble with the playing groups focus for the week. Matterson has been one of our best 3 players for a month. Already down Moses it was a big mistake.
I also think that has cost the team some self belief. Mahoney would be down on confidence now.
Bad decision making from the coach. To the point I think the top teams will see us as mentally soft.

Huh? His thumb is broken and in a brace. Bit more than a sore finger.

84 Baby

Referee
No, probably not - but I think it's not unreasonable to expect a half to contribute a little more than he did.

I don’t want to knock the kid - he is also a rookie - but I think he is shying away too much from organising our attack.
It was made pretty clear when he got the call up, he was told to run and defend. The loss in organising needed to be taken on by Drown, Reed & Gunco. Up to tonight they did that well but when we had to chase points, they weren't focused. Reed & Drown will hopefully learn a lot from that game.

Wally21

Bench
To be completely honest, I’d have taken 2/3 wins if offered, when Mitch went off injured. It’s not all doom and gloom. Bring on the Tigers.
Good point. It’s all relative I guess. I would have been wrapped last year. And at the end of the day, it’s so easy to be critical from the lounge while I’m sitting in my trackies drinking Kraken and dry!!

Latest posts