What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Well, I hope that was the kick up the arse we needed. What I learnt from tonight....
1. Dylan Brown is not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is
2. Jai Field is a park footballer at best. Zero impact.
3. Thank f**k for RCG
4. Mahoney had his worst game for us. Hopefully learns from it
5. Waqa Blake is still a defensive liability
6. GIVE THE BALL TO SIVO YOU DUMB f**k HEADS
7. Junior Paulo is carrying an injury
8. Decore is a great player
9. NEVER EVER EVER EVER LET GEORGE JENNINGS NEAR A FIRST GRADE SIDE AGAIN
On point 1 I’m going to say that on drowns runs he was looking for support quite a bit and would have slipped a few offloads if any asshat had bothered to back him up.
I do agree too many hit ups that I am going to admire for having a red hot crack
I can’t get too down about that. We played pretty rotten for the most part and it was 4 tries a piece. In years gone by we’d have lost by 40 odd. Instead we fought and got back into it.
Roosters, Melbourne and Penrith would have put 40 on us

84 Baby

Referee
Didn’t suggest he was the reason we lost mate. Just saying the boy is not going to be a regular first grader. He seems a great kid. Just don’t see him controlling a first grade NRL side is all
That's fine. Fingers crossed we don't have any other injuries to our halves then and he only has to play 3 games as a minimum wager, where he allows us room to have more, better regular first graders.
If DCE went down injured, do you think Walker, Cust or Croker would be capable of organising Moanly to any great degree?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Good point. It’s all relative I guess. I would have been wrapped last year. And at the end of the day, it’s so easy to be critical from the lounge while I’m sitting in my trackies drinking Kraken and dry!!

Good drop the old Kraken!

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon Gutho comes into the halves if Moses has another extended stint on the sidelines. He is our only other playmaker with some organising ability. Field could potentially fill in at the back in a Dufty type role.

Here’s hoping Moses stays on the field for the rest of the season.

84 Baby

Referee
And what the f**k was with Jenko not getting the six again call when Derpiott clearly dropped it?

JokerEel

Coach
Gutho had 2 lba and 2 ta today on top of getting smashed every time he ran it back from fullback..

RCG played full 80 had 20+ runs and over 250m

It was a poor game by Reed and the halves but in saying that we were down 16 and came back.

Rocket man

Juniors
So you heard the ref say yes youre right suli it a penalty? You do know linesmen have mikes in their flags to tip off the ref? And even if suli convinced the ref we are still back to don’t push back down and it won’t happen.
No I didn't but I did See Suli giving the ref a gob full !

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Our tactics were hard to understand. Head down barging into the meat of the defence didnt work from minute 1 to minute 80. The couple of times we shifted the ball we scored or made ground. I kept waiting for the penny to drop. It didnt. Even when we made ground in the middle we just went straight back there. Teams are compressing their D and we need to be aware of that.
RCG, Gutho and Niukore were magnificent but nobody played off them. If we keep waiting for opposition teams to tire we might be dissapointed. Manly definitely worked us out tonight.
Does Yvonne Samson annoy anybody else as much as she does me. I think id rather listen to Gus Gould than her.
I like Vonny

84 Baby

Referee
Taupau was Moanly's longest runner at 152m.
Bizarrely we had 8 players run further than him (admittedly Waqa cheated a little)

Wally21

Bench
That's fine. Fingers crossed we don't have any other injuries to our halves then and he only has to play 3 games as a minimum wager, where he allows us room to have more, better regular first graders.
If DCE went down injured, do you think Walker, Cust or Croker would be capable of organising Moanly to any great degree?
No. Agree with you. Like I said. Seems a great kid. Just can’t see him controlling a FG side regularly. Admire him for his perseverance however. As a 49 year old bloke who played nothing but touch footy, I will always admire any kid who fronts up and puts his body in front of Marty Tapau

84 Baby

Referee
No. Agree with you. Like I said. Seems a great kid. Just can’t see him controlling a FG side regularly. Admire him for his perseverance however. As a 49 year old bloke who played nothing but touch footy, I will always admire any kid who fronts up and puts his body in front of Marty Tapau
Yeah my original comment was more that you were being a bit harsh on calling him out over say Shaun Lane or Gunco who earn a f**kton more than Field and were equally as clueless in that first 20 (Gunco at least settled somewhat)