What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
My turn to be apologetic and make excuses for our deficiencies... I think Dylan Brown has been doing OK considering he has a halves partner who, especially tonight, might as well have stayed in the team bus. Field did nothing to share the load and help out a bloke who is, don't forget, 2 or 3 years younger than him.

Coupled with the fact that Gutho didn't really play that quasi halves role tonight for some reason, Brown was playing a lone hand. Thought he played tough on a tough night...

I thought he played the same as he has all year pretty much. Fans would've wanted him to take more risks but that isn't his style of play. And when we did play risky, I.e throw offloads, we dropped them and made errors.

We needed a bit more from him in terms of risk I thought but I'm not gonna lambast a 20 year old half for knowing what he does best, and that's taking the safe option.

Soto

Bench
Too many posts to read but my take.
- a good half would have just continued to run traffic at Suli...he was fkn busted. We ran at him once and scored. Coaching staff should have just stayed on the field directing them where to go...
- we knew the ambush was coming and couldn't stop it
- RCG is the buy of the year so far. That was a herculean performance
- Nuikore is a beast. When the team is back at full strength I think he may take Lane's starting spot. Lane is not playing as good as last year.
- Taka starting in the 2nd row noooo...
- Mahoney probably played his worst game maybe ever in an Eels jersey. He was below his best with a knock on, poor passes, a poor early kick. He wouldn't be happy with that
- Evident now without Kaufusi, Evans and Stone on the bench we lose starch and energy
- Cant believe i will say this but Alvaro has to come in ahead of Gower or Stefano.
- Does anyone think there was a chance to look at Elliot kneeing George Jennings in the back when he scored?
- DCE is the biggest whinging whining $%^#.
Every decision he disrespectfully questions the ref...fk off DCE
.. we need to sign Danny Levi so he can never wreck us again

IFR33K

Coach
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but Lane needs to go. He’s offering sweet f all. Some of his attempts in the first half were appalling. I’ve been turned off him since the broncos game last year that went to golden point. A total
Imposter

JokerEel

Coach
- a good half would have just continued to run traffic at Suli...he was fkn busted. We ran at him once and scored. Coaching staff should have just stayed on the field directing them where to go...
- Nuikore is a beast. When the team is back at full strength I think he may take Lane's starting spot. Lane is not playing as good as last year.
- Mahoney probably played his worst game maybe ever in an Eels jersey. He was below his best with a knock on, poor passes, a poor early kick. He wouldn't be happy with that
- Evident now without Kaufusi, Evans and Stone on the bench we lose starch and energy
- Cant believe i will say this but Alvaro has to come in ahead of Gower or Stefano.
- Does anyone think there was a chance to look at Elliot kneeing George Jennings in the back when he scored?

F-ing Danny Levi! Players 1 good game a year and its against us!

Kane Evan's should be back next week they said on the call.

Moses ,Fergo and Matto all back really helps.

I agree Nuikora should start in front of Lane if his defense doesn't improve. Not sure why he didnt start tonight!

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but Lane needs to go. He’s offering sweet f all. Some of his attempts in the first half were appalling. I’ve been turned off him since the broncos game last year that went to golden point. A total
Imposter
I don’t reckon he’s going that bad but he’s the shadow of his former self.

Soto

Bench
F-ing Danny Levi! Players 1 good game a year and its against us!

Kane Evan's should be back next week they said on the call.

Moses ,Fergo and Matto all back really helps.

I agree Nuikora should start in front of Lane if his defense doesn't improve. Not sure why he didnt start tonight!
I reckon Nuikore didn't start because there would have been no real punch off the bench

Wally21

Bench
Nice summary fella

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Once again we went in with the wrong mentality going to Brookvale.

That's what 3 years in a row we've had very poor starts there.

If we are going to be fair dinkum in this competition theyre the sort of things we need to fix. Hopefully this a lesson learned, but gee that'll be some lesson. 22 points in the first half, I mean we've hardly leaked many points all yea.

Once G Jennings dropped the ball, I thought oh no, here we go.

It looked down from that moment. Pathetic.

Anyway, lets regroup and take on the Tiges in 5 days. Hopefully we'll have Moses, Matterson and Fergo back and also Sivo's fit.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I agree until you mentioned Alvaro. Manly were hitting us a few times and he would've been bent backwards. Still Arthur might give him another shot.

Typically Levi does nothing all year and we make him look good once again.

Nuikore should've started instead of Taka, we needed some good defense and good attack early.

Starting a player who's hardly played all year, let alone in the forwards, was a big mistake IMO.

At least when Nuikore came on, we lifted.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I reckon they are entitled to a complacent game or two this season. They have nothing to prove with their ability generally and specifically to turn up when it matters. I dont think their fans would suddenly be wondering who the real Roosters are.
Whereas Parra fans are entitled to be pissed if these guys think they can be complacent.
Being complacent isn't something players choose. It's a reaction to the reality of playing a weak or understrength side. I was hoping all the players we had out would have made us wake up to ourselves but it wasn't to be. By the time we switched back on there was scoreboard pressure and our young spine shat themselves, with the exception of Gutherson who was again superb.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was made pretty clear when he got the call up, he was told to run and defend. The loss in organising needed to be taken on by Drown, Reed & Gunco. Up to tonight they did that well but when we had to chase points, they weren't focused. Reed & Drown will hopefully learn a lot from that game.

Fair enough - but he has hardly run the ball.

Dibs

Bench
Just my opinion. I apologise it doesn't agree with yours.
Well your opinion is to blame the ref for giving a restart because Suli had a whinge, seems at best an uneducated one and still doesn’t change the fact Lane pushed him down and deserved to get pinged for it

Eelementary

Post Whore
What a silly question. He isn't a regular first grader. He played because Moses is out injured. He played a good running game his first game, and a good defensive game his second one. Tonight he was largely irrelevant, he didn't help us but he isn't the reason we lost. I'll take 2 ok games from 3 from the injury cover half. Do people honestly expect us to have regular first graders not in our top 17?

If I may answer the question:

I do not expect pur back-up halfback to be a regular First Grader.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect our back-up halfback to contribute more in attack, to try to take the pressure off his hooker, and 5/8 (and to a lesser extent, fullback).

Jai Field has done well; he just needs to get involved more, and his status as a back-up doesn't disqualify him from this, imo - after all, back-up or not, he has managed to play First Grade NRL, so he's good enough to make it.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I don't think Taka was too bad - he was decent defensively, and kept his game simple.

As for George's try, I think they said on one of the post-match shows that they could only call it a potential 8-point try if we went for the conversion, which we declined.

Bazal

Post Whore
That was Bulldogs reserve grade hack Lane tonight. DylBro has looked entirely overwhelmed the last two weeks and for the first time I thought his defense was shit.

Could have used Alvaro. Taka offers nothing as a starting edge forward. Davey went OK on debut.

We played the worst we have all year by a long way and lost by four. At the end of the day, zero need to worry IMO

Latest posts