What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

tumbidragon

First Grade
Hmmm I'm now genuinely worried for Seibs health. I hope his family situation has a happy ending.

He's so out of his depth and has been such an abject failure - plus the media scrutiny has been brutal.

Whatever I think of him as a coach - which is not much - all the best to both he and his family.
I also hope he gets over the sniffles :mask: Need to keep this Broncos shit show gravy train a flow'n!

Pommy

Coach
Biggest mistake Seibold made was not getting rid of that snake Darius Boyd when he got there.

FFS he’s Wayne Bennett’s love child.

Of course he was always going to white ant the joint because his beloved Coach got the arse.

they call that karma.

no name

Coach
Just on the Boyd thing, I think the commentators on Fox got it right last night.
He’s on a shit load of cash, just put in for the last 8 weeks, set a good example for the youngsters and f**k off with your wads of unearned money.
I think his true character has been exposed.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Just on the Boyd thing, I think the commentators on Fox got it right last night.
He’s on a shit load of cash, just put in for the last 8 weeks, set a good example for the youngsters and f**k off with your wads of unearned money.
I think his true character has been exposed.
He’s been doing it for years now, he’s character has been exposed and he clearly doesn’t give a shit.
It’s a contradiction to set a good example to the younger players when you’ve been carrying yourself the way he has for past few years at the club. He’s trying to remove himself further and further from the game but still get paid.
I’m half expecting a long term “injury” (Milford anyone) to happen at training.

_Johnsy

Referee
It appears Pangai Jnr wants out, and wants out bad.

You just couldn’t make up the past sequence of events at the Broncs. The place is terminal.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=ef507173dbaa69de8e8040974fef0b49-1596931601

Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr will be forced into a two-week isolation period after an alleged breach of Brisbane’s bubble.
Channel 7 are reporting that Pangai went against existing protocols and will now be stood down. Pangai reportedly visited a function for a friend on Saturday and was photographed interacting with members of the public.

Coach Anthony Seibold has also broken the bubble, but with the blessing of the club to attend to a family emergency.

Pangai’s alleged discretion comes just days after three Broncos coaches, including Allan Langer, went to a Brisbane pub.

They were handed fines as were South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett and Dragons prop Paul Vaughan.

Last edited:
He’s been doing it for years now, he’s character has been exposed and he clearly doesn’t give a shit.
It’s a contradiction to set a good example to the younger players when you’ve been carrying yourself the way he has for past few years at the club. He’s trying to remove himself further and further from the game but still get paid.
I’m half expecting a long term “injury” (Milford anyone) to happen at training.

I said it elsewhere a few weeks ago, the fact that Seibold has persisted with both Boyd and Milford in the starting 17 and dropped neither of them is why there are problems at the Broncos. On form neither deserve to be in the game day squad but are. As such why would the other players feel they have to put in the effort when those two, who obviously are not, get away with it yet are not punished by being dropped?

JamesRustle

First Grade
Seibold bit off more than he could chew and the Broncos screwed up offering a long term contract to a novice.

This play lets them work out an acceptable narrative that doesn't completely kill off the chance of Seibold talkng his way into a head coach role at another club down the track and the ability to achieve a palatable payout for the Broncos.

Darbs - not a good look, but who knows what the hell has gone on. Can't beleive he didn't put up with it for 7 more weeks, as this will haunt him and further dmage his legacy.

Nerd

Bench
Biggest mistake Seibold made was not getting rid of that snake Darius Boyd when he got there.

FFS he’s Wayne Bennett’s love child.

Of course he was always going to white ant the joint because his beloved Coach got the arse.
My thoughts exactly. I believe White may have instructed Siebold to keep both Boyd and Milford in the team week after week to minimise the embarrassment to himself for signing this pair to overpaid long term contracts.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Give Seebs some credit he has been trying everything.
Apparently they started new high tech extended pool recover sessions but they had to cancel them as they were ineffective, the players just kept wanting to get out