What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If they seriously think that is up there with the worst refereeing they have seen, then they dont watch much footy

Admit, 7-2 penalty count is a bit lop sided .... what was the 6 again count? Cos they seemed to do very well with that ... penalties and 6 agains are similar these days
They were keen to get off their line very quickly, so being penalised is the risk they take. By contrast our line speed isn't a focus. Our effort areas in defence are around pushing laterally, which doesn't draw penalties.

If teams are supposed to have an even penalty count then what's the f**king point of penalties? Just get rid of them.

strider

Post Whore
lol not sure if serious

we had 2 repeats sets to your 4

and 2 penalties to your 7

soooooo going by your way of thinking, 11 to 4 in your favour
Where you get your repeat set stats from? I dont see them listed

I reckon you got more than 2 in the first half alone. I recall us getting a couple quite late in the game, but practically none earlier

MilkShark

First Grade
Where you get your repeat set stats from? I dont see them listed

I reckon you got more than 2 in the first half alone. I recall us getting a couple quite late in the game, but practically none earlier
NRL website lists it as ruck infringements

I struggle to even remember one of ours TBH

It was a really good game considering the conditions they were played under

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because you guys got off with alot of things that we didn't

I dont think you can possibly say you guys were near perfect with just 2 penalties conceded?
We weren't near perfect, we made 17 errors. We also missed 28 tackles and conceded 2 penalties. But we focus on our discipline which is why we don't get penalised very much. Only Manly have conceded fewer penalties this year. Do you think it's because Manly and Parra are favoured by the refs? It's because of the way they're coached. Some teams are happy to test the refs and some aren't. The Roosters concede plenty of penalties and still win games because they know they'll benefit from all the times the ref doesn't penalise them. The six again rule has put a spanner in the works for them though because referees are happy to award six again against teams violating the ruck where previously they might've been worried about criticism over uneven penalty counts, or just blowing too many stoppages.