What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

Pazza

First Grade
While we are having a therapeutic discussion on Hands/Lussick does anyone want to put their hand up and admit they got is vastly wrong about Joe Offa?

He's a good player, I didn't mind the signing cause it was a very parrmatta signing to make. Hope the Tigers are still paying a good part of his salary.

I like when he runs and uses footwork. Seems to do it with more when wearing the 13.

84 Baby

Referee
While we are having a therapeutic discussion on Hands/Lussick does anyone want to put their hand up and admit they got is vastly wrong about Joe Offa?
I knew exactly why he was signed but I also think it was a little self fulfilling. He is here to cover the work RCG/Junior don’t, but in doing so I think we have RCG & Junior the impression they didn’t have to do that stuff then.

crocodile

Bench
Saw this yesterday.
Absolute tops.
A day that kid will remember for a lifetime.
Well done Dylbags. 👍👍👍👍👍
Barely gets a mention in the mainstream unfortunately. I remember some dark days in the early 2000s when my lad was very ill in Westmead kids. The Parra lads were often there, Luke Burt, Hindy, Fui, Cayless yadda yadda just visiting wards, talking to kids and signing balls. Never gets a mention. Yet someone gets found out pissing in a laneway at 2am and it's a headline straight away.

Gronk

Staff member
Here are the biggest talking points from every game of round 13.

1. Gutherson and Moses to lead Parramatta out of its slump​

The Parramatta Eels are winners again and it is no coincidence the return of key players contributed to the win.

The difference between Parramatta and Cronulla on the ladder (15th and 1st) leading into Thursday's clash looked like a mismatch, but in reality the Eels would have fancied themselves at kick-off.

While the Sharks had Nicho Hynes and Cam McInnes on Origin duty, the Eels welcomed back captain Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

Two of the Eels' best over many seasons, Gutherson and Moses gave Parramatta the structure and guidance they have desperately lacked often this season.

With the duo leading from the front, the Eels looked like a different team. Their forward pack dominated the Sharks and they played with confidence not seen in weeks.

"It's just the confidence I think they give everyone else … you could tell in the warm-up," interim coach Trent Barrett said after the win.

"There was a noticeable difference just in training. That's why [Clint Gutherson] is the captain and Mitch is the halfback."

ABC player of the year votes:

Clint Gutherson (Eels)

2. Mitchell Moses (Eels)

1. Will Kennedy (Sharks)

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought missing your best players was just an excuse ?

View attachment 89045

It's obviously relative right? Penrith toweled Sharks up 42-0. Hynes missed the 2nd half. But Panthers had Nathan out also it was a convincing win.
Our losses to the Dolphins who where missing 8 regulars yet piled on 30+ points in a half or the Storm minus Hughes and Papa then losing Munster yet blowing us apart is different then a game where it was fairly close with 10 to go and 6 points in it whilst they where missing there two best players.
Do you not understand

200.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And Sharks where missing there two best in Hynes and Mciness. I'd say they start favourites if those two played. Actualy they probably win.
Well yeah, a team’s best players are important. That’s why there’s so many upsets around Origin time. But for us, we’ve been going through it since round three.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And Sharks where missing there two best in Hynes and Mciness. I'd say they start favourites if those two played. Actualy they probably win.
We were missing Hoppy and Matto as well. Swap with Lane and Makatoa and Im not so sure Hindy. Whats Dad reckon?