What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

Walpole

Juniors
I can’t believe all these comments “happy to win” “ a wins a win” etc.
The broncos are second last, have been flogged by all and sundry for fun and you lot are happy just to beat them.
That defensive effort is unacceptable and after leading 12-0 after 10 minutes a good side pumps Broncos by 40 plus.
You can all settle for mediocrity but I’m not rolling with that rubbish dished up tonight.
Oh f**k off.

hazzbeen

Bench
The broncos are second last, have been flogged by all and sundry for fun and you lot are happy just to beat them.
That defensive effort is unacceptable and after leading 12-0 after 10 minutes a good side pumps Broncos by 40 plus.
You can all settle for mediocrity but I’m not rolling with that rubbish dished up tonight.
Agree , we won't beat many with that performance ....

Use of bench was disappointing tonight.

The boys tried hard.

We played conservatively which kept them in the game.

special mention for Brisbane’s best player, Henry Perenara.

Norman scored and I felt Host’s try should have been allowed. Clune didn’t let go of the ball.

Happy to win ugly.

Much work and improvement required before we are competitive.

jeffdragon

Bench
Use of bench was disappointing tonight.

The boys tried hard.

We played conservatively which kept them in the game.

special mention for Brisbane’s best player, Henry Perenara.

Norman scored and I felt Host’s try should have been allowed. Clune didn’t let go of the ball.

Happy to win ugly.

Much work and improvement required before we are competitive.
I said something about Henry on the 1st page of this topic posted by getsmarty.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The Mary era is going to take a while to get away from, you can see little bits of it creeping at moments, but we are handling pressure much much better than in the past.

It was a very relaxed looking coaching box for a change
...& that rubs off on the players
Again they maintained intensity to the end - & kicked well.
Good discipline, which is what Deano asked for
Good to get the win!

...and have a coach who can put a sentence together in a presser - without scowling

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
You can always spot the fans who think sports are as simple as a ladder position.

You have to view each match in a bubble. This was NOT an acceptable performance long term of course. But matches are not simply a ladder position vs another ladder position, not only that, a result is not judged simply on a winning margin.

In context, the win was much more impressive than "just beating 15th". That was pretty easily the best Broncos performance of the new competition, and they are not playing like 15th place.

Allow the team to restructure following a coaching departure, allow them to slowly develop a new style of play, and commend them to not folding away. There were countless moments tonight we could have gone into our shell and we didn't.

And even more, we had TWO tries disallowed where we could feel hard done by. Could have very easily been a 16 point victory if not for those bunker blunders.

Just relax. We have had problems winning close matches for a long time. Tonight we didn't.

Improvement there for all to see

Gareth67

First Grade
The broncs played far better than in previous games , our boys attack was better and we made the most of our opportunities.

Bunker can go to hell , if it wasn’t for them the score line would had been far more in our favor . Still it was a win and we kept going for the full 80 - now that is 2 weeks running , so the Dragons are improving in small increments.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dont normally try to criticise players in particular after a win but seriously Hunt needs to improve his passing from dummy half.....he threw some absolute rubbish tonite...what happened to hitting the chest of players at pace....with the speed of the game today the poor receiver gets smashed everytime because they have to reach or pull the ball down......and dont think for one minute Young will improve this area of his game...imo he was the worst and laziest distributor of the pill from that position that Ive ever seen......on another note the officials really need to get onto Boyd....hes always a mile offside in all the games Ive watched this year

blacksafake

First Grade
It’s a win we’ll take against an opponent we were expecting to beat.
A definite improvement in the game plan with hopefully the one out power play being a thing of the past.
Hunt at 9 really helps our game.
Liked the way Host was used, Kerr is improving but his lack of stamina is a concern.
Lomax & Rav combination will get better.
JP was good.
Merrins best game for a while:rolling_eyes:

jeffdragon

Bench
The broncs played far better than in previous games , our boys attack was better and we made the most of our opportunities.

Bunker can go to hell , if it wasn’t for them the shoreline would had been far more in our favor . Still it was a win and we kept going for the full 80 - now that is 2 weeks running , so the Dragons are improving in small increments.
Yes fatty vautin said they change the rules every week.