What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

isaiah

Bench
Keary should never wear the Blue jumper. Had a big sook and wanted to a Qlder. Has no passion for the jumper, not the kind of bloke I want representing my state. If he can’t play for the 2 heads then he can just miss out for someone who grew up wanting to bleed blue.
Seriously, no player puts their body on the line for THAT jumper. Even after the season in finished.

King hit

Coach
Keary should never wear the Blue jumper. Had a big sook and wanted to a Qlder. Has no passion for the jumper, not the kind of bloke I want representing my state. If he can’t play for the 2 heads then he can just miss out for someone who grew up wanting to bleed blue.
I would love nothing then to see Luke Keary picked this year and completely dominate the series. The Queensland cry would be nothing short of beautiful. It’s payback for Greg Inglis. Every time i would bring it up QLD fans would laugh in my face about it. He also captained the maroons despite barely living in Queensland at any time in his life.

redVinme

Juniors
Anyone with fergo in their side hasn't watched him play this year.

Cotric in much better touch and a lot more years left in the game.

Shame for the high quality centres out there too who will never get a chance due to playing turbo and simple jack in the centres.

Would love to see Staggs get a run. Jack on the bench

isaiah

Bench
I would love nothing then to see Luke Keary picked this year and completely dominate the series. The Queensland cry would be nothing short of beautiful. It’s payback for Greg Inglis. Every time i would bring it up QLD fans would laugh in my face about it. He also captained the maroons despite barely living in Queensland at any time in his life.
Imagine Hayne and inglis at their peaks alongside the Morris boys dominating in the sky blue for most of a decade. Makes your mouth water. Hahaha.

King hit

Coach
22794e2502be66aa740128f0410591da4d3c9714

beauscott-lead.jpg

gettyimages-88186522.jpg

Tweed Titan

Bench
Team pretty much picks itself barring injuries.

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. T Trbojevic
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. D Saifiti
9. Cook
10. J Trbojevic
11. Cordner (c)
12. Frizell
13. Finucane

14. Klemmer
15. Haas
16. W Graham
17. C Murray

On the bubble/development players
Staggs
S Crichton
Mitchell
C Walker
J Morris
Vaughn
Yeo
Koroisau
Moses

greenBV4

Bench
surprised papenhuyzen hasn't had a mention in here, theres quite a bit of talk in the media

Might be bias but I think he's played great this year, but obviously wouldn't take teddy's spot
He can play as a utility bench player, thats how he started for Melbourne, Bellamy even had him coming on as a "forward"

I'd bet he will atleast be in an extended squad, and hope to see him blue some time soon (would also be great to potentially have more blues players in the Storm side than Maroons for the first time in a long time)

The_Frog

First Grade
surprised papenhuyzen hasn't had a mention in here, theres quite a bit of talk in the media

Might be bias but I think he's played great this year, but obviously wouldn't take teddy's spot
He can play as a utility bench player, thats how he started for Melbourne, Bellamy even had him coming on as a "forward"

I'd bet he will atleast be in an extended squad, and hope to see him blue some time soon (would also be great to potentially have more blues players in the Storm side than Maroons for the first time in a long time)
A fair third string fullback, but there are better utilities out there.

mongoose

Coach
Team pretty much picks itself barring injuries.

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. T Trbojevic
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. D Saifiti
9. Cook
10. J Trbojevic
11. Cordner (c)
12. Frizell
13. Finucane

14. Klemmer
15. Haas
16. W Graham
17. C Murray

On the bubble/development players
Staggs
S Crichton
Mitchell
C Walker
J Morris
Vaughn
Yeo
Koroisau
Moses

I can't see Ferguson getting picked again. he looks horribly unfit this season. Cotric will be on the wing.

Spot On

Coach

He is a freak.

The_Frog

First Grade
Papenhuyzen will have to be in the squad and possibly in the 17. He is too good to leave out and only getting better at a rapid rate.

Possibly Mlb best player atm.
Had a good game last night but how many fullbacks do you need? With Turbo looking increasingly unlikely he may well get in the squad, but he's not a genuine utility and will only play if Tedesco is hurt.

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Had a good game last night but how many fullbacks do you need? With Turbo looking increasingly unlikely he may well get in the squad, but he's not a genuine utility and will only play if Tedesco is hurt.
tbf he has a good game almost every night and people are startingto see early similarities to Slater (which makes sense as he is helping with his fullback coaching)

He started as a utility in Melbourne coming off the bench as "the worlds smallest and quickest forward", pretty much was brought in for bursts of speed

and if not in the 17 im sure he will 100% make the squad, Freddy was saying I think on Freddy and the Eighth the other day that being 3 consecutive weeks their will be larger squads, as well as potentially resting players (which I found surprising in a 3 game series)

Spot On

Coach

A 'good' game??? He has a blinder every week. He is Mlb's best player. He's a freak and will be in the squad at the very least. Tough as nails, incredible instincts, quick between the ears and a passing game that has developed out of sight in a very short space of time. Not to mention blinding speed.

I don't think it is out of the question that he could fill a bench spot depending on who is available/unavailable. A long shot - yes - but I don't doubt he could handle almost anything thrown at him.

Considering some of the nuffies we have carried on the bench in the past ie Peachey et al, Paps is a significant upgrade.

Last edited: