What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dump Norman For Sailor .

Divey

Juniors
Why is it that he is selected each week? Week after week we see Corey Norman continue to make simple basic mistakes. He’s not a team player. We should have scored yesterday when Norman had two players outside of him with a clear short run to the try line but no Norman wants to be a star and gets swamped by the defence trying to score. Kicking out on the full seems to be a passion for him much the same as kicking on the fourth tackle. He can’t tackle anyone by their legs, he jumps up off the ground and tries to wrap himself around the oppositions upper body. He’s quite useless in defence. It’s so frustrating to watch these continuing errors by Norman.
Get rid of him please.

Gippsy

Bench
Clune could be quite a good 1/2, he just needs someone like Cooper Cronk in his ear about how to manage a game. That would be my first coaching appointment if I was Griffin.

Agree about Norman, he just doesn't like getting his jumper dirty. Replace him with anyone, but I'd like to see how Clune at 7 & Hunt at 6 goes. But then again, I have no faith in Young to get the best out of any new combinations.

Puff

First Grade
Clune could be quite a good 1/2, he just needs someone like Cooper Cronk in his ear about how to manage a game. That would be my first coaching appointment if I was Griffin.

Agree about Norman, he just doesn't like getting his jumper dirty. Replace him with anyone, but I'd like to see how Clune at 7 & Hunt at 6 goes. But then again, I have no faith in Young to get the best out of any new combinations.

People talk of Clune like he is a youngster in his development phase. He is 25. I have a role in youth sport. And in terms of development you see large amounts for the teenage years through to about 22-23. The rate of development then drops off significantly. Clune could be a good half, but I highly doubt it, as his development years were wasted under a coach who had no idea about development. Unfortunately, sport is cut throat and the years it would take to develop him further would be far too many, to reap any reward. I would get rid. I know that sounds harsh, however I am sure there are younger guys at the same level with more development potential in them, with less risk in relation to wasting our time.

Old Timer

Coach

What Clune needs is for the coach to say to the dummy half and the captain that Clune makes the call as to where the ball is to be delivered.

I think he has shown enough to say that he has some footy brains and can read a game quite well.

What happens now is that he is starved of the ball when Hunt & Norman do the shit things they want to do that which for the record have done nothing but cause confusion and instability.

Mjab

Juniors
I had hopes for Clune to be the playmaker we needed. Unfortunately, CC Cup standard still!
Agree
I don’t want to bag him too bad but Can’t see him being a premiership winning hb
But hey Chad Townsend did

Especially when u compare with fogerty at the Titans , also a rookie really , who really looks goods
also Dearden looks a better player , also limited first grade experience

Mjab

Juniors
Skip sailor, he looks more like a fullback. Sullivans time.
I think like dufty sailor is too small for FB
I also am pretty sure he will be leaving unlesss Griff has real plans

talk in SMH today Benji May go to ESL club Widdop At to allow release

possm

Coach
Norman should never play for the Dragons again. He is so bloody over priced and under performing.
He just does not seem to want to get his jumper dirty and has no pride in himself and his performances
what so ever.
Just imagine if Millward sighed Norman and Hunt on a 3 year deal with an additional 1 year in favour of the Club. We could have off-loaded both at the end of this season and had 3.5m to spend on marquee players for season 2021.

possm

Coach

We don't want Widdop.

redVinme

Juniors

The only way I'd want Widdop if it meant hunt and Norman gone.

LINESPEED

Juniors
People talk of Clune like he is a youngster in his development phase. He is 25. I have a role in youth sport. And in terms of development you see large amounts for the teenage years through to about 22-23. The rate of development then drops off significantly. Clune could be a good half, but I highly doubt it, as his development years were wasted under a coach who had no idea about development. Unfortunately, sport is cut throat and the years it would take to develop him further would be far too many, to reap any reward. I would get rid. I know that sounds harsh, however I am sure there are younger guys at the same level with more development potential in them, with less risk in relation to wasting our time.

Yes Sullivan should be in the halves instead next week

In hindsight the new coach should’ve been ready to replace the Failed One immediately.

And if it had been done after Rd 4
with a new outside coach,
with the accompanying better selections
game plans
& blooding of juniors

....we’d be in the semis now IMHO

...& far more ready for 2021

SAP58

Juniors

Great suggestion to get someone of Cronk’s ability to work with our halves. Hook will need all the help he can get.

slippery5

Juniors
Agree
I don’t want to bag him too bad but Can’t see him being a premiership winning hb
But hey Chad Townsend did

Especially when u compare with fogerty at the Titans , also a rookie really , who really looks goods
also Dearden looks a better player , also limited first grade experience
What Fogarty has that Clune doesn't is SPEED & Mongrel, simple as that.

I'm Hornby

Juniors

I notice Cooper Johns is coming off contract at the Storm.

We should make a play for him as he will constantly be getting advice from his dad and uncle so a lot more upside than Clune IMO.

At 25 we shouldn't need to bring someone on to the pay roll to teach him how to be good at his position, would prefer someone do that with our younger halves in CC and Jersey Flegg.

Latest posts