What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
By the way it is actually all about 1 of the 3 that wasn't thrown under the bus and the reason why he survived whilst others did not.

Why do you think DY survived?
You’ve failed to read the thread properly again. The statement was that Young was the only one to survive.

I’ve pointed out he’s not the only one.

But, to answer your question - I’d speculate it is because his dad is part of the St George half of the board as well as being on the Leagues club board.

Thankfully he stood down during the process & let the professional part of the club steer us in the right direction.

redv13

Bench
Try to stay on topic without throwing insults.

We haven’t needed a 2019 train wreck for assistants to be thrown under the bus.

Aside from the holy trinity, McGregor has managed to throw every assistant under the bus during his entire tenure.

Even the one who delivered the only two bits of silverware for the club in recent years.. He also was assistant at the cowboys and is next in line at souffs..

What was his name? Demitri?

The only three that didn’t go under the bus were the current ones.
You believe what you believe and everyone else can see the reality of the McGregor years.

Don’t forget to clean the plastic sleeve from the mess you make each night on the big league Paul McGregor centrefold that sits on your bedside table

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You believe what you believe and everyone else can see the reality of the McGregor years.

Don’t forget to clean the plastic sleeve from the mess you make each night on the big league Paul McGregor centrefold that sits on your bedside table
So now I’m a McGregor fan?

Sorry bro, I’ve been calling for his head for years.

And I’m not sure of exactly what the logistics are if what you’re describing in the second paragraph. I’ve read it a few times and can’t work it out.

Slackboy72

Coach
If DY is kicking rocks due to his non appointment as HC then he doesn't deserve to be an assistant under Griffin.

If he really thinks his time is now to be a HC surely he must ask himself why he didn't get interviewed by the Warriors, Cowboys, Dogs.

He didn't get interviewed because he didn't apply for those jobs. Do you have info that is different?
There is probably a reason Payten and Brown have sounded him out but you seem to have different info. Please share.

Old Timer

Coach
If
He didn't get interviewed because he didn't apply for those jobs. Do you have info that is different?
There is probably a reason Payten and Brown have sounded him out but you seem to have different info. Please share.
If he really thought his time was now to be a head coach then one would think his CV would be so compelling that he would be invited to apply or at least be sounded out if he had interest.

That not being the case one would have to suspect his CV maybe was light on and needed some more work.

As I said if he is kicking rocks and disappointed that he is not our new HC then he has over rated his worth thank his the BOD didn’t.

Old Timer

Coach
You’ve failed to read the thread properly again. The statement was that Young was the only one to survive.

I’ve pointed out he’s not the only one.

But, to answer your question - I’d speculate it is because his dad is part of the St George half of the board as well as being on the Leagues club board.

Thankfully he stood down during the process & let the professional part of the club steer us in the right direction.
You fail to understand the intent of the OP which is not at all surprising given your prior form in such matters.

Other than the coach there is only 1 common denominator with all those that did go under the bus and that is DY and that was the intent.

Flanno & Shep were not in the system when all the others went under the bus but DY was and despite his obvious poor input he survived.

The farcical Gould review that saved Mary meant he did so with Flanno & Shep being employed to underpin his shaky position so they were never ever going under the bus but DY who whose contribution was a contributing factor to our horrendous position survived.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You fail to understand the intent of the OP which is not at all surprising given your prior form in such matters.

Other than the coach there is only 1 common denominator with all those that did go under the bus and that is DY and that was the intent.

Flanno & Shep were not in the system when all the others went under the bus but DY was and despite his obvious poor input he survived.

The farcical Gould review that saved Mary meant he did so with Flanno & Shep being employed to underpin his shaky position so they were never ever going under the bus but DY who whose contribution was a contributing factor to our horrendous position survived.
What the heck are you on about?

The OP was made 8 years ago. It has nothing to do with what you’ve just imagined.

I really can’t be bothered wasting my time on your made up stories anymore.

Old Timer

Coach

The OP was made 8 years ago. It has nothing to do with what you’ve just imagined.

Now that’s the muzby we all know.

Trying ever so hard to squirm his way out of a situation he can’t win.

By all means don’t bother yourself with any more of my posts and I look forward to not hearing from you.

Don’t forget to take your DY doll to bed with you.

redv13

Bench

Standard orange man garbage. Can’t admit you’re wrong so you have a sulk and run off. No wonder you’re a Steelers supporter: no backbone

Mjab

Juniors
Id rather they go somewhere else first prove themselves and then return an already successful FG coach
Payton was a Tiger wasnt he? He is doing to right though , various clubs and mentors as an assistant and now Cows
Ive been very impressed with him turning Warriors around and the Cows may have got a good thing
If he loves Tigers he can drift back when Madge is finished after fully proving himself

You will probabaly always have a desire to coach your special club ie Saints for Deano
Do a good job elsewhere and happy to have you back

TBH Deano has done nothing and some would say worse than nothing,
Team is out, Max Feagai on the bench can’t dislodge Aitken & Eddie Blacker still can’t get a gallop
F Deano he is shit

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Now that we officially cannot make the finals and Young is staring at a 1/6 win/loss, and he was passed over as HC (to which he seems to be throwing the toys out of the crib a wee bit), what can e hang his hat on for his time as interim head coach?

I'm sure he's going to go with....I gave debuts to Ramsey (rd 18), Feagai (rd 19) and ???? (round 20).

Promotor of youth!!!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Standard orange man garbage. Can’t admit you’re wrong so you have a sulk and run off. No wonder you’re a Steelers supporter: no backbone
Eh? What am I “wrong” about?

I maintain that Flanagan, Sheppard & Young all outlasted McGregor.

If this is incorrect, can you please show me where.

And there you go attempting to call names again. But you do realise the only people who see the words Illawarra or Steelers as an insult are St George people stuck in the past?

Old Timer

Coach
Y

The question was about DY's survival not his application for the HC job which is where Albert stood down so yet again you let yourself down with comprehension.

Re your professional side of the board inference if Young stood down therefore diminishing the StG numbers in the board room then the so called professional side decided to interview a "no account" who didn't warrant an interview.

That truly sounds like the professionalism that Illawarra is renowned for.

Yes indeed Illawarra are truly professional at being mediocre and looking at piss poor options as if they deserved consideration.

redv13

Bench

And there you go attempting to call names again. But you do realise the only people who see the words Illawarra or Steelers as an insult are St George people stuck in the past?
This is about DY surviving all these years under your mate when every other assistant (now wait for it block head, before Flanno and Shep came on board late in 2019 ). Numerous staff have been removed each year bar DY who was our defensive coach overseeing a nightmare 2 seasons 2019/20. Why was he retained but Hornby, Demetriou, Crawley etc given the arse??

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is about DY surviving all these years under your mate when every other assistant (now wait for it block head, before Flanno and Shep came on board late in 2019 ). Numerous staff have been removed each year bar DY who was our defensive coach overseeing a nightmare 2 seasons 2019/20. Why was he retained but Hornby, Demetriou, Crawley etc given the arse??
Firstly, why is McGregor “my mate” when I’ve clearly disliked him for years?

Secondly, see if you can try this again without throwing in insults or name calling.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The question was about DY's survival not his application for the HC job which is where Albert stood down so yet again you let yourself down with comprehension.

Re your professional side of the board inference if Young stood down therefore diminishing the StG numbers in the board room then the so called professional side decided to interview a "no account" who didn't warrant an interview.

That truly sounds like the professionalism that Illawarra is renowned for.

Yes indeed Illawarra are truly professional at being mediocre and looking at piss poor options as if they deserved consideration.
See there you go making up things again.

I didn’t say anything about Illawarra being the professional part of the club.

redv13

Bench
Firstly, why is McGregor “my mate” when I’ve clearly disliked him for years?

Secondly, see if you can try this again without throwing in insults or name calling.
Answer the question pretty please with sugar on top......

boardlumps62

Juniors

Not sucking up but St George and Illwarra need each other we have the name Illawarra the nursery. The JV Directors just need to get along if they have a problem.
We get a new coach purge the others pretenders they can come back when the are capable coaches. We have to see what Anthony Griffin can do in 2years sit back and enjoy the show.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Answer the question pretty please with sugar on top......
You really should read the thread.

possm

Coach
If

If he really thought his time was now to be a head coach then one would think his CV would be so compelling that he would be invited to apply or at least be sounded out if he had interest.

That not being the case one would have to suspect his CV maybe was light on and needed some more work.

As I said if he is kicking rocks and disappointed that he is not our new HC then he has over rated his worth thank his the BOD didn’t.
Guarantees given by his father came to naught. They thought they were so clever, paying Mary overs to exit just before the 3 easy rounds, having the interviews before the last 3 hard rounds were played: a dream come true so they thought. Their only mistake was to believe that Dean can coach.