What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

Old Timer

Coach
*checks current coaching list*

Here:
- Flanagan
- Sheppard
- Young

Not here:
- McGregor
You are getting rather pathetic with your support for your idol.

If Flanno & Shep were dismissed with Mc Gregor you think DY was able to do it all on his own too season end and do you have any concept as to what the press would have done to our BOD for such stupidity?

Obviously the news is that at the end of the 1 year contract Flanno & Shep signed they are not being retained despite the fact we could have made an offer notwithstanding they were under no obligation to accept it.

That actually looks to me like they have been cleaned out with no chance of retention being considered.

DY is still under contract and we are not as yet cleaning him out but he is looking at other options so why IYO is he looking at other options?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are getting rather pathetic with your support for your idol.
Idol? Hardly.

But what is incorrect about those facts?

Young, Flanagan & Sheppard all outlasted McGregor.

They look like not outlasting Griffin though.

If Flanno & Shep were dismissed with Mc Gregor you think DY was able to do it all on his own too season end and do you have any concept as to what the press would have done to our BOD for such stupidity?
See there you go imagining other people’s thoughts.

Where have I ever said Young could do it on his own?

I haven’t. You’re just making it up & getting cranky about it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No it’s a fact. Not name calling. You’re a grade A f**kwit.
Firstly it’s an opinion, not a fact.

Secondly, I’m trying to have a factual discussion and you’re carrying on calling names & being quite irrational.

Old Timer

Coach
Idol? Hardly.

See there you go imagining other people’s thoughts.

Where have I ever said Young could do it on his own?

I haven’t. You’re just making it up & getting cranky about it.
Now muzby don't twist things did I say or ask or was the question rhetorical?

Old Timer

Coach
Idol? Hardly.

Distortion on your part as it is clearly evident they all 3 survived due to simple fact that the HC was punted.

If Mc Fookknuckle was in fact not punted and the fact that Flanno & Shep were only ever on a 1 year deal it was bleeding obvious that DY would again survive despite the piss poor season and his contribution towards it.

Flanno and Shep were only ever smoke and mirrors and Gould was the catalyst to ensure every opportunity was afforded for the dud and his apprentice to survive.

redv13

Bench
*checks calendar*

After 2019:

Before 2019:
When did Flanno and Shep start?? After the completion of the 2019 season and prior to pre season for 2020. When did the clean out occur?? At the completion of the 2019 Season when the “review”was conducted which always occurs prior to the planning of the next season

Banjo2014

Juniors
For all of those Journo's who beleive that Dean Young needed to leave the Dragons to gain more experience under an experienced coach. If media reports are true he ends up at the Cowboys -

Todd Peyton has coached 12 first grade games.

Club
Years
Team Gms W D L W%
2020 New Zealand Warriors 12 games 5 wins 0 draws 7 losses 42 per cent

I really cannot see things improving in North Queensland (if that is where Dean Young goes).- what exactly does he bring to the Cowboy's table???

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Now muzby don't twist things did I say or ask or was the question rhetorical?
There was no question, just a statement of what you think I thought.
Distortion on your part as it is clearly evident they all 3 survived due to simple fact that the HC was punted.
What distortion? The question was how many assistants didn’t get thrown under the bus by Mary.

The answer is 3.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When did Flanno and Shep start?? After the completion of the 2019 season and prior to pre season for 2020. When did the clean out occur?? At the completion of the 2019 Season when the “review”was conducted which always occurs prior to the planning of the next season
So..

After 2019:

Before 2019:

2019:

Flanagan & Sheppard made it through after 2019.

redv13

Bench
So..

After 2019:

Before 2019:

2019:

Flanagan & Sheppard made it through after 2019.
They weren’t there for the 2019 season ya fool so therefore weren’t part of the club coaching clean out from the 2019 train wreck of a season

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
They weren’t there for the 2019 season ya fool so therefore weren’t part of the club coaching clean out from the 2019 train wreck of a season
Try to stay on topic without throwing insults.

We haven’t needed a 2019 train wreck for assistants to be thrown under the bus.

Aside from the holy trinity, McGregor has managed to throw every assistant under the bus during his entire tenure.

Even the one who delivered the only two bits of silverware for the club in recent years.. He also was assistant at the cowboys and is next in line at souffs..

What was his name? Demitri?

The only three that didn’t go under the bus were the current ones.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For all of those Journo's who beleive that Dean Young needed to leave the Dragons to gain more experience under an experienced coach. If media reports are true he ends up at the Cowboys -

Todd Peyton has coached 12 first grade games.

Club
Years
Team Gms W D L W%
2020 New Zealand Warriors 12 games 5 wins 0 draws 7 losses 42 per cent

I really cannot see things improving in North Queensland (if that is where Dean Young goes).- what exactly does he bring to the Cowboy's table???
That’s being a bit harsh on Payten.

The warriors are a side playing away from their families and using borrowed players.

Since he took the chair their turnaround was impressive, going from spoon contenders to having a fairytale finals spot within reach..

Old Timer

Coach
There was no question, just a statement of what you think I thought.

What distortion? The question was how many assistants didn’t get thrown under the bus by Mary.

The answer is 3.
By the way it is actually all about 1 of the 3 that wasn't thrown under the bus and the reason why he survived whilst others did not.

Why do you think DY survived?

Latest posts