What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripster

Juniors
Tamou is going to be a big loss come next season. One of only 3 GF winners in our team. Not only is he captain, but him, JFH and Api together have kept our middle incredibly tight defensively for the opening 20 minutes when he is on the field. He also always runs straight.

I get the sense that Leota is being groomed to start in Tamou’s spot. Time will tell whether he proves as effective.

BxTom

Bench
Tamou is going to be a big loss come next season. One of only 3 GF winners in our team. Not only is he captain, but him, JFH and Api together have kept our middle incredibly tight defensively for the opening 20 minutes when he is on the field. He also always runs straight.

I get the sense that Leota is being groomed to start in Tamou’s spot. Time will tell whether he proves as effective.
Whilst I agree he will be a big loss, with a little luck the team will have a lot more than 3 grand final winners next year...

age.s

First Grade

Big Moses got dis.

betcats

Referee
At they very least we will have an entire side who has a good finals run. I still think Leniu will end up starting over Moses next season, maybe not straight away but at some point he is going get that spot, the kid is on a Crichton like trajectory.

All the best Jimmy T, you've been fantastic for the club.

Port Panther

Juniors
Peter Green has flown under the radar this year has got the entire squad ready for the finals . I was surprised when Crystal was replaced , does anyone know the back story on that ?

abpanther

Staff member

I disagree, I think he's been serviceable but it's the right decision to let him go, we've got other young guys ready to take his place

betcats

Referee
I disagree, I think he's been serviceable but it's the right decision to let him go, we've got other young guys ready to take his place

Agree. Not downplaying Tamou's contributions at all but I think we will get on fine without him. We have more than one talented prop who can take his place. We have the leadership covered with Zane, Fish and Yeo IMO.

MugaB

Coach
Agree. Not downplaying Tamou's contributions at all but I think we will get on fine without him. We have more than one talented prop who can take his place. We have the leadership covered with Zane, Fish and Yeo IMO.
I reckon we should have Yeo as next years captain, with Fish as vice, nathan is too close to coach for the captaincy, and id prefer a foward leader, like chief harrigon or wayne peirce was for their respective teams, forwards dictate!
Plus it puts ownership on the captains challenge too, too many props this year saying they didn't knock on, we've been really good in that respect... its also why Tamou has been such a great captain for us recently, it'll also be a shame if the Tigers don't make him captain

betcats

Referee
I reckon we should have Yeo as next years captain, with Fish as vice, nathan is too close to coach for the captaincy, and id prefer a foward leader, like chief harrigon or wayne peirce was for their respective teams, forwards dictate!
Plus it puts ownership on the captains challenge too, too many props this year saying they didn't knock on, we've been really good in that respect

Yep Yeo is my choice. Nath is already a leader in the team in any case and probably the loudest voice on the field. Its worked well this year I think we should set it up similar next year.

The_Frog

First Grade
AFB is a good player, but a little overrated which suggests we'd need to pay overs. Agree we don't need him and it could destabilise our cap.
Apparently he HAS to leave Sydney in any case. Mixed up with the wrong people seems to be the size of it. For this purpose, it's probably safe to assume that Penrith is Sydney. And anyway, if we could afford him, why wouldn't we have kept Tamou, who is a model citizen.

The Realist

Juniors
Tamou never ever played to the value of his contract. He got paid big $$$ for a prop, at least SOO level if not Kangaroos, but what we got instead was a good, sometimes very good prop.

You can get a very good prop for significantly less meaning he was very poor value. If he had true honour he'd accept a contract on slight unders to make up for the fact that he essentially ripped us off and he isn't getting any better. But there are enough desperate and stupid clubs out there to bid his price up so I doubt he'd stay.

Pretty poor of him to only really put in, in the years proceeding a new contract. I know a bunch of you won't like what I just said, particularly since he is a Club Captain but I would urge you to look past recency bias and think logically rather and emotionally, then perhaps you'll understand what I am trying to say.

The Realist

Juniors
Maybe didn't quite meet his salary

He barely made 1/2 of it! In these forums the amount of $800K is bandied about. Perhaps it is closer to $700K. You can get similar performing props for $350-400K. He is no longer REP level and hasn't been for years.

I am not saying he is a bad player at all, just that he was bad value for us.

Fangs

Coach
He barely made 1/2 of it! In these forums the amount of $800K is bandied about. Perhaps it is closer to $700K. You can get similar performing props for $350-400K. He is no longer REP level and hasn't been for years.

I am not saying he is a bad player at all, just that he was bad value for us.

Yeah the $800k is apparently not true. Much lower. We still would have paid a decent sum. He came from a team that had recent premiership success. JFH is a elite middle now so the time is right for him to move on.

We could find someone around that $400k mark. But I think you'll find we develop the next one ourselves. And hopefully we don't offer them an obscene amount of money like RCG.

Tamou improved with each year of his contract. Maybe didn't quite meet his salary but its apparently less than what has been reported in the media. I rate his defence as the best of any of our middle forwards which is what will make him hard to replace.

His first year didn’t set the world on fire and it had quite a few of us questioning the club’s decision to recruit him. However, he’s just about proven his worth to club, both on and off the field, and it will be a shame to see him go.

I agree with most that Leota is the logical choice to take his place in the starting 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts