What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not here to gloat. Though I really hope rhyno is feeling like shit right now.
On Mitch Moses . . . . you'd wanna hope he doesn't read this stuff.
Coz you don't want him near your team once he works out that he's not the pinup boy and nobody likes him.
He hasn't even deliberately tried to lose you a game yet.
You do know Rhyno is a Tigers fan??? Right???

Gronk

Staff member
I just watched the game on Kayo. FMD that 90 seconds where Moses missed the sitter and then Gutho tries to pick the ball up instead of forcing it.

You can single out players and coaches, but really it was two instances of poor focus that ended our season. Sad.

Avenger

Immortal
I just watched the game on Kayo. FMD that 90 seconds where Moses missed the sitter and then Gutho tries to pick the ball up instead of forcing it.

You can single out players and coaches, but really it was two instances of poor focus that ended our season. Sad.
I thought Matterson dropping the ball on the second tackle close to their line was the turning point.

Happy MEel

First Grade
not sure he is on $650k this year, I doubt it is, as he was already signed up from his junior days (why wouId we give such a big increase this year ?). But yes next year that is possible. So you have to factor in his first 2 years was probably on a fairly small contract (for a half)

If comparing to Flanagan then based on this year:

Flanagan , 4 tries / 11 TA, averaging 6 runs for 35 m (0.4 TB 0.1 LB), 31 m per kick (total 156 kicks), 92 % tackle success rate.

Drown , 4 tries / 5 TA, 12 runs for 111 m (3.2 TB 0.4 LB), 25 m per kick (78 kicks), 95% tackle success rate.

Yeah Flanagan is slightly better play maker but how much do you factor in he is playing for the Roosters? Is 2 years older? His partner is Keary? And Drown already has had 2 serious injuries in 2 years ?

anyhow he is already better defensively/running than Flanagan. Probably as good as any half. In another 2 years I reckon his kicking will get better along with his passing game.
If we’re talking playmaking though, LBAs need to be counted as well. Flanagan had 9 this year compared with Drown’s 3. Drown is the much better runner of the ball but Flanagan shits all over him in the creativity/playmaking stakes (and I don’t think Flanagan is that great anyway)

Old tiger 79

Juniors
If we’re talking playmaking though, LBAs need to be counted as well. Flanagan had 9 this year compared with Drown’s 3. Drown is the much better runner of the ball but Flanagan shits all over him in the creativity/playmaking stakes (and I don’t think Flanagan is that great anyway)
His better then Moses

Yes but who teaches him to do those mid field bombs? Why the f**k couldn’t he see like the rest of the rugby league world that we were spent, had rookie defending on the edge and we needed to slow down the game by kicking to sides or finding touch.

like I said he has no feel for the game, he is a manufactured 7, he was always a running number 6 and has no smarts. Either he doesn’t listen or BA is as dumb as he is.

Both our halves failed ya last night. The game should have been game managed when we were 18-8 up. As you said repeat sets, kicking to the sideline etc etc.

Also expected a lot more from Matterson. He, DBrown, Mahoney and Moses failed us. Whereas our forward pack and the replacement back that includes Waqa Blake had amazing games worthy of going to the semi/ GF.

I wasn’t expecting us to win before the game I was expecting us to get flogged. But the sad thing is we could have won that if our halves had half an idea on how to game manage.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Some of you parra fans are certainly delusional. And that’s coming from a saints supporter. DBrown is an out and out footy player. If some of you are questioning his ability I will do you a special once in a life time deal. I will give you back Corey Norman plus 200 grand and you give us DBrown. It’s the guy inside him that stifles browns talents.

Avenger

Immortal
Both our halves failed ya last night. The game should have been game managed when we were 18-8 up. As you said repeat sets, kicking to the sideline etc etc.

Also expected a lot more from Matterson. He, DBrown, Mahoney and Moses failed us. Whereas our forward pack and the replacement back that includes Waqa Blake had amazing games worthy of going to the semi/ GF.

I wasn’t expecting us to win before the game I was expecting us to get flogged. But the sad thing is we could have won that if our halves had half an idea on how to game manage.

Michell Moses has become a shiittier version of Mitchell Pearce. He is so erratic. When is he officially off contract?

Avenger

Immortal
Some of you parra fans are certainly delusional. And that’s coming from a saints supporter. DBrown is an out and out footy player. If some of you are questioning his ability I will do you a special once in a life time deal. I will give you back Corey Norman plus 200 grand and you give us DBrown. It’s the guy inside him that stifles browns talents.
I haven’t said anything about Brown. I reckon he is playing injured and has an excuse however why a 150 game veteran cannot manage a 18-8 halftime lead is the alarming aspect for me.