What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Owwww poor little salty baby :(

Lets be real about this. You dont like him because:
1. He's better than Andrew Johns and will be remembered as the better footballer, and that f**king burns you to your core.
2. He presided over a decade long period of dominance over NSW and your jimmies are still rustled over it.
3. Because he committed the great unforgivable crime to going of bat for his teammate in the McKinnon incident.
yep you'd definitely swallow

dogslife

Coach
I haven't read this thread, but I'm gonna assume there's a lot of salt regarding Smith's status.

Mostly from Knights fans claiming it's Andrew Johns, Broncos fans claiming Darren Lockyer, Cowboys fans claiming Thurston, Dragons fans claiming the entire playing squad between 56-66, Raiders fans lobbying for Brett Mullins (he's a close second) and Bulldogs fans no doubt claiming it's Aiden Tolman.

Smith has them all covered.

taxidriver

Coach
I haven't read this thread, but I'm gonna assume there's a lot of salt regarding Smith's status.

Mostly from Knights fans claiming it's Andrew Johns, Broncos fans claiming Darren Lockyer, Cowboys fans claiming Thurston, Dragons fans claiming the entire playing squad between 56-66, Raiders fans lobbying for Brett Mullins (he's a close second) and Bulldogs fans no doubt claiming it's Aiden Tolman.

Smith has them all covered.
No salt about his playing status at all

plenty of salt from people upset others see him for the despicable person he is

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Smith is that good he is permitted to pass the ball forward

Cronk at the weekend was asked why hew as so special and his reply was that 999/1000 his ball from the ruck would be spot on exactly where you want it when you want it. This was his most amazing skill according to one of the best half backs to play the game. But yeh of course every pass his froward, sigh.

Cronk at the weekend was asked why hew as so special and his reply was that 999/1000 his ball from the ruck would be spot on exactly where you want it when you want it. This was his most amazing skill according to one of the best half backs to play the game. But yeh of course every pass his froward, sigh.
His passes to Cronk might have been on the money, but what about the ones thrown to the forward taking the hit up that timed his run too early?

It's common for dummy halves to continue with the pass even though the person they're throwing to is in front of them.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Mate I didn’t say all his passes are forward. He only throws forward passes when he has to. Which is all the time

Hutty1986

Immortal
Owwww poor little salty baby :(

Lets be real about this. You dont like him because:
1. He's better than Andrew Johns and will be remembered as the better footballer, and that f**king burns you to your core.
2. He presided over a decade long period of dominance over NSW and your jimmies are still rustled over it.
3. Because he committed the great unforgivable crime to going of bat for his teammate in the McKinnon incident.
Wow. This is something very special indeed.

Reflector

Juniors
Why doesn’t Cooper Cronk get more recognition than smith? He helped roosters go back to back, beat the storm with 1 arm in a GF to get a personal 3 peat and when he retired, roosters weren’t able to go back to GF? Also didn’t nearly do as many chiropractor moves than smith did.

Also bagged Tara Rushton.

lazza

Juniors
Cronk was a brilliant organizing half, maybe the best pure organizing halfback ever but i think he could be a little robotic.

If he’s robotic it means he can be copied - yet no one has been able to otherwise every team would be good ;p. He displays way more class and respects the opposition more than smith does. He’s also got more titles than Smith even if the Storm do beat the Panthers.

lazza

Juniors
I think Cronk is massively under rated in the Storms success. It seems ever since the media decided to label him with a "manufactured" and "lacking natural talent" he was never really given the respect he deserved. Between Smiths incredible ability to control a game and lead th eteam, the lightening attack of Slater and the ability of Cronk to always make the right decisions it was a real trifecta of different skill sets that created the Storms dominance. Storm has done well in losing two of those three to keep it up. Shows just how dominant Smith is.

In terms of “natural talent” - Id argue Johns was better and then would def be the GOAT.

In terms of “manufactured” - I’d argue that we’ve seen a decade of manufactured MMA style chiropractic tackling that was spear headed by the storm forwards. No one tackled that way prior for a hundred years - ie they’re all manufactured in some way. Smith just takes it to the next level by hiding his tackles behind “clumsy”, “awkward”, “unfortunate”, “accidental” - he knows exactly what he’s doing.

but agree it is still impressive to lose 2 of their big 3 and still be winning now as the rest of the league has had a decade to catch up to tackle that way. It’ll then be interesting to see if smith retires and if Bellamy continues if it’s the system or the players - which if it’s the system, it’ll be a shame for them to lose those titles as it meant they didn’t need to cheat the salary cap to keep the players as they were onto a winning system.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
When the storm players carried Cameron off last week maybe they were giving him a hint to f**k off.
A king doesn't walk off on his own legs, that's for peasants.

After a victorious grand final, it'll be rose petals and a carry off, a la Coming to America

tumblr_mogq4ecgy61r9fxszo1_400.gif

Walpole

Juniors
I can't stand the bloke but one way to judge him is against the players that played the same position as him, over the same period. And no-one comes close.

After that you're judging hookers against halfbacks against fullbacks, and usually from different eras. Gets a bit cloudy then.

Latest posts