What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Good luck with Papali'i guys. Hope he goes well for you.

Not a game changer, but is pretty reliable. Sort of guy who you question if he even played and when you look it up he's got 30 odd tackles and 70-80 metres.

Will be interesting to see where you play him.

I reckon Bankwest Stadium at least half the games, then various other grounds the other half

Gronk

Staff member
He considers himself a second rower, but is better suited as a lock/middle forward, Payten used him as a prop in the second half of this year.

Considering you have better second row options (At least to start) then I'm curious to see what the plan is for him position wise.
We’ve lost Davey and Lane is moving to the middle (he has been playing there mid game in the later rounds). So starting edge will be Nikore and Matto. Nikore also provides great punch when he plays in the middle, so I reckon there is a bench spot for him easy.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We’ve lost Davey and Lane is moving to the middle (he has been playing there mid game in the later rounds). So starting edge will be Nikore and Matto. Nikore also provides great punch when he plays in the middle, so I reckon there is a bench spot for him easy.

Don't remember Niukore playing edge much this year, against Melbourne when we had to do a big reshuffle?

Noise

Coach
Niukore doesn't play on the edge anymore.

Gronk

Staff member
Niukore doesn't play on the edge anymore.
Well he didn't as we had Davey, Lane and Matto. But he has and still might unless we sign another. I don't recall that we have any kids coming through ready to step into top 30, do you ? We still need to sign 9 players so the landscape may change.

Noise

Coach
Was upgraded and couldn't be bothered trying to find article.
Why would we have upgraded him when for 1 year when he was leaving anyway, particularly with us being allowed to play development players in this covid year? And even if we did, why would we have over tripled his salary for this one year paying him almost 300k?

Noise

Coach
Well he didn't as we had Davey, Lane and Matto. But he has and still might unless we sign another. I don't recall that we have any kids coming through ready to step into top 30, do you ? We still need to sign 9 players so the landscape may change.
We still have Lane and Matto and now we have have Papali'i who is more likely to play on the edge than Niukore.

Glenneel

Bench
Why would we have upgraded him when for 1 year when he was leaving anyway, particularly with us being allowed to play development players in this covid year? And even if we did, why would we have tripled his salary?
I don't know, do I look like the HOF?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why would we have upgraded him when for 1 year when he was leaving anyway, particularly with us being allowed to play development players in this covid year? And even if we did, why would we have over tripled his salary for this one year paying him almost 300k?

He was upgraded to the top 30 (probably to fill our squad) but there is no way it wouId have been $300k, that’s just stupid when he held the upper hand....
Hey Stefo, you are on a $60k development contract, we want to promote you to the top 30, on $100k. Stefo, na that’s not enough. Eels, ok enjoy the season doing the same on $60k.....

here is the upgrade ( pre covid):

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ikamanu-to-keep-him-from-tigers-clutches/amp/

absolutely no evidence of the upgrade being $300k (only Scott Seward wouId do that)

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He was upgraded to the top 30 (probably to fill our squad) but there is no way it wouId have been $300k, that’s just stupid when he held the upper hand....
Hey Stefo, you are on a $60k development contract, we want to promote you to the top 30, on $100k. Stefo, na that’s not enough. Eels, ok enjoy the season doing the same on $60k.....

here is the upgrade ( pre covid):

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ikamanu-to-keep-him-from-tigers-clutches/amp/

absolutely no evidence of the upgrade being $300k (only Scott Seward wouId do that)

I think the $300k was what we allegedly offered from 2021 onwards

84 Baby

Referee
Na Stefano was defs on $300k. And now that is free for us to spend next season!

Parrasombrero
Guajira Parrasombrero

Rocket man

Juniors
Because Stefano getting an upgrade from a development contract to almost 300k in the final year of his contract (when he had already signed with Tigers) didn't happen.
Upgraded to top 30 in January according to the official Parra site.