What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/16/allan-key-how-true-blue-latrell-lifted-new-maroon/

Great news re Allan I’m very happy.

Allan key: How true blue Latrell lifted new Maroon

Maroons debutant Corey Allan has credited his South Sydney teammate and recent Blues star Latrell Mitchell for his stunning elevation to the State of Origin arena.

The 22-year-old has been named on the wing for the series decider at Suncorp Stadium but it was his silky skills at fullback after Mitchell suffered a season-ending injury that lifted the former Bronco into the Origin frame. Mitchell's advice and encouragement was a major factor behind Allan handling the fullback position with aplomb

Trell had a big influence," Allan said on Sunday before Maroons training.

"He is only 23 but has won two premierships. He helped me with all the little things. He knows how to throw the best ball you can, he can hit a winger from 50 metres.

"Every little thing I was learning from him. He was showing me what to look for when defenders are shutting, all the little things that help you on the footy field.

"It is pretty interesting. It would be funny if Trell was playing for the Blues because I can't take him seriously. We muck around all the time."

Mitchell has been in regular contact with Allan, mostly about fishing, but he has also sent a message of support.

"He has wished me well and said he is immensely proud and I deserve it [Origin selection]. He has loved watching me progress as a player," Allan said.

"He loves fishing and I'm really big into fishing. We are always showing each other fish that have been caught and saying we're going to go out and catch them ourselves."

The Maroons could yet switch fullback Valentine Holmes with Allan on game day. The team runs have been off-limits to the media and Allan chuckled when asked if he was set to take the field in the custodian role.

"I'm named on the wing," Allan grinned.

"The plan right now is to focus on coming up against Addo-Carr. That's my main focus. We'll see how training pans out.

I don't think [playing fullback] would trouble me too much, I've been playing it all year.

"I was getting more confident [at Souths] with every game and learning a lot from Cody [Walker] and Reno [Adam Reynolds]. Latrell was still in the background helping me a lot, messaging me.

"I wouldn't say wing is too much easier than fullback. There's a lot of pressure decision making out there.

"You have to trust your own instinct, that's a big thing Trell taught me… that usually your first thought is your best thought. Don't overthink it too much."

Getting his Maroons call-up from his Souths coach Wayne Bennett thrilled Allan after he developed so much under the mastercoach's tutelage this year.

"It has been a dream and I'm still trying to process it. It's crazy, I can't believe I'm actually playing," Allan said.

"I was happy playing a couple of games for Souths this year and trying to earn my stripes. I was lucky enough to get a call. I'm over the moon.

"I love Wayne. He is a good coach. Anyone that's under him will say that they love him, because he's such a good bloke, he knows how to get the best out of his players.

"He is great with my home life, always checking in and making sure everyone is all right. At training he is always working on the little things that can better you, the same as Latrell helping me.

"Wayne is always there. He's done it all and trained the best. He knows what he's talking about."

Allan said Bennett had simplified his role on Wednesday night to "making my catches and running the ball hard" while also being more aware of NSW Nathan Cleary's silky kicking game.

"We've got to identify Cleary early, he is the main kicker," Allan said.

"When he is kicking, the wingers are flat, not in shape for running. We'll know when the kick's coming.

"We've got to read that a bit better, get on the front foot and continue."

Allan also addressed a media report that said he might be on his way out of the Rabbitohs next year

"I am at Souths next year," he said

"When I saw that [report] I was a bit shocked. I called my manager and said 'what the **** is going on?'."

callmack1

Staff member
I also hope the club stay strong on this Suaali thing let’s not give the Roosters an inch. Let’s waste a year before they get him lol....

Just on Latrell what are your thoughts @callmack1 on this deal 3 year extension at 2.5mil? I think it’s bang on.
I think it's absolutely bang on too. 2.5 mill over three years works out to be about $830k per year. Honestly, for someone of Latrell's calibre, I think that's an absolute bargain, great value. It's not only his current calibre but his potential calibre. His potential at fullback is endless in my opinion.

I'm very happy with this deal.

I asked James Hooper about Lowe, he said he thinks its about 300K and it does come off the cap because he's medically retired
That's handy.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/16/allan-key-how-true-blue-latrell-lifted-new-maroon/

Great news re Allan I’m very happy.

Allan key: How true blue Latrell lifted new Maroon

Maroons debutant Corey Allan has credited his South Sydney teammate and recent Blues star Latrell Mitchell for his stunning elevation to the State of Origin arena.

The 22-year-old has been named on the wing for the series decider at Suncorp Stadium but it was his silky skills at fullback after Mitchell suffered a season-ending injury that lifted the former Bronco into the Origin frame. Mitchell's advice and encouragement was a major factor behind Allan handling the fullback position with aplomb

Trell had a big influence," Allan said on Sunday before Maroons training.

"He is only 23 but has won two premierships. He helped me with all the little things. He knows how to throw the best ball you can, he can hit a winger from 50 metres.

"Every little thing I was learning from him. He was showing me what to look for when defenders are shutting, all the little things that help you on the footy field.

"It is pretty interesting. It would be funny if Trell was playing for the Blues because I can't take him seriously. We muck around all the time."

Mitchell has been in regular contact with Allan, mostly about fishing, but he has also sent a message of support.

"He has wished me well and said he is immensely proud and I deserve it [Origin selection]. He has loved watching me progress as a player," Allan said.

"He loves fishing and I'm really big into fishing. We are always showing each other fish that have been caught and saying we're going to go out and catch them ourselves."

The Maroons could yet switch fullback Valentine Holmes with Allan on game day. The team runs have been off-limits to the media and Allan chuckled when asked if he was set to take the field in the custodian role.

"I'm named on the wing," Allan grinned.

"The plan right now is to focus on coming up against Addo-Carr. That's my main focus. We'll see how training pans out.

I don't think [playing fullback] would trouble me too much, I've been playing it all year.

"I was getting more confident [at Souths] with every game and learning a lot from Cody [Walker] and Reno [Adam Reynolds]. Latrell was still in the background helping me a lot, messaging me.

"I wouldn't say wing is too much easier than fullback. There's a lot of pressure decision making out there.

"You have to trust your own instinct, that's a big thing Trell taught me… that usually your first thought is your best thought. Don't overthink it too much."

Getting his Maroons call-up from his Souths coach Wayne Bennett thrilled Allan after he developed so much under the mastercoach's tutelage this year.

"It has been a dream and I'm still trying to process it. It's crazy, I can't believe I'm actually playing," Allan said.

"I was happy playing a couple of games for Souths this year and trying to earn my stripes. I was lucky enough to get a call. I'm over the moon.

"I love Wayne. He is a good coach. Anyone that's under him will say that they love him, because he's such a good bloke, he knows how to get the best out of his players.

"He is great with my home life, always checking in and making sure everyone is all right. At training he is always working on the little things that can better you, the same as Latrell helping me.

"Wayne is always there. He's done it all and trained the best. He knows what he's talking about."

Allan said Bennett had simplified his role on Wednesday night to "making my catches and running the ball hard" while also being more aware of NSW Nathan Cleary's silky kicking game.

"We've got to identify Cleary early, he is the main kicker," Allan said.

"When he is kicking, the wingers are flat, not in shape for running. We'll know when the kick's coming.

"We've got to read that a bit better, get on the front foot and continue."

Allan also addressed a media report that said he might be on his way out of the Rabbitohs next year

"I am at Souths next year," he said

"When I saw that [report] I was a bit shocked. I called my manager and said 'what the **** is going on?'."
Assess5 will be ecstatic at this news :joy:

assess5

Juniors
Assess5 will be ecstatic at this news :joy:
Ha Ha Ha .... you are so right Botany B & B, I have seen everything now.

If I gave ma bugger about State of Origin I'd be puttin $$$$'s on NSW, but I don't.

Now, this give's everybody on this forum an opportunity to see Allen in action.
Lets see how he performs, defensively.

I can not wait.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Ha Ha Ha .... you are so right Botany B & B, I have seen everything now.

If I gave ma bugger about State of Origin I'd be puttin $$$$'s on NSW, but I don't.

Now, this give's everybody on this forum an opportunity to see Allen in action.
Lets see how he performs, defensively.

I can not wait.
Well he's gonna have a fair bit of traffic coming his way, and I expect a lot of bombs as well. Certainly will be tested.

callmack1

Staff member
I for one am thrilled to hear Corey say that he loves it here and won't be going anywhere. Of course, he's every chance to be in the top 17 for 2021 but if not, then he is the best depth you could ask for. His 2020 Season was that good that I'd be quite sad if we lost him. He will always have his haters but you can't deny that the way he filled in for Latrell was incredible.

Him saying this also speaks volumes of where our club is at. Allan probably knows that his first grade opportunities will be more limited next year but the club is obviously such a great place to be that he wants to stay. That's a really good sign.

Say Wot Episode Three: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/11/16/say-wot-episode-three/

NRL’s ‘toxic system made me go public’ with domestic violence allegations - Phoebe Burgess: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/a9374abc625a5f1dfdda7a2628b34534

Phoebe Burgess leaked police statement to press to combat NRL cover-up culture, court told: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...rgess-just-went-at-ex-wifes-father-court-told

handyman2190

Bench
I for one am thrilled to hear Corey say that he loves it here and won't be going anywhere. Of course, he's every chance to be in the top 17 for 2021 but if not, then he is the best depth you could ask for. His 2020 Season was that good that I'd be quite sad if we lost him. He will always have his haters but you can't deny that the way he filled in for Latrell was incredible.

Him saying this also speaks volumes of where our club is at. Allan probably knows that his first grade opportunities will be more limited next year but the club is obviously such a great place to be that he wants to stay. That's a really good sign.

Say Wot Episode Three: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/11/16/say-wot-episode-three/

NRL’s ‘toxic system made me go public’ with domestic violence allegations - Phoebe Burgess: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/a9374abc625a5f1dfdda7a2628b34534

Phoebe Burgess leaked police statement to press to combat NRL cover-up culture, court told: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...rgess-just-went-at-ex-wifes-father-court-told
This family is toxic

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This family is toxic
The dad thinks he's a big shot. Typical Lib, reckons he caused Rudd's downfall as PM? Shows what an arsehole he is.

He's gonna have to answer serious auestions:
Did you know your name was being used in blood tests on Sam Burgess?

If you knew, when did you know?

Did you give permission to the doctor for this to occur?

If you had concerns or opposed this action, why did it take so long to bring this in public?

Did you formally raise this with the NRL?

If so, did they give you a formal response, and if so, what was it?

handyman2190

Bench
The dad thinks he's a big shot. Typical Lib, reckons he caused Rudd's downfall as PM? Shows what an arsehole he is.

He's gonna have to answer serious auestions:
Did you know your name was being used in blood tests on Sam Burgess?

If you knew, when did you know?

Did you give permission to the doctor for this to occur?

If you had concerns or opposed this action, why did it take so long to bring this in public?

Did you formally raise this with the NRL?

If so, did they give you a formal response, and if so, what was it?

Agree! And the answers he gives could bury him.
This is a maicious family,
Im loath to say too much brother, there could be a seibold like inquiry, finding ip addresses and so forth, needless to say im with sam on this,he organised and went all the way to see his kids and conveniently they are not there he is accused ? BS!!! Personaly i wouldnt step foot or talk to them without observers and tape, his mistake was trusting them to do the right thing and they set him up, and yes i believe they want to destroy him and cause him trouble.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Agree! And the answers he gives could bury him.
This is a maicious family,
Im loath to say too much brother, there could be a seibold like inquiry, finding ip addresses and so forth, needless to say im with sam on this,he organised and went all the way to see his kids and conveniently they are not there he is accused ? BS!!! Personaly i wouldnt step foot or talk to them without observers and tape, his mistake was trusting them to do the right thing and they set him up, and yes i believe they want to destroy him and cause him trouble.
Yeah mate, I agree.
I'm just an armchair lawyer, who has had to represent some people at work with HR issues, but so far, it looks to me that this is just all hearsay. It's not gonna stand up in court in front of a judge.
I could be wrong, but this court case is about Sam facing charges of intimidation and assault.
He didn't assault the missus, this is about the father in law.
She wasn't there when Sam ALLEGEDLY intimidated and assaulted the father in law.
When she arrived back to the home, Sam had already left. So there is no witnesses, just the old man's say so.
The is no physical evidence (I.e. bruising, black eyes, cuts, broken bones) to suggest Sam assaulted the old man.
It is just the old man saying "I was shaking, I was afraid" etc
This coming from a guy who brags he had the power to bring down a PM? Add to this, Sam, who just wanted to see his kids, as is his LEGAL right, says the old man threatened him, saying I"ll end your career etc.
All this is he said, she said stuff - hearsay.
It should be thrown out of court.
The other stuff - alleged fake pathology tests, drug tests etc, has nothing to do with this case which is about whether Sam assaulted or intimidated the old man or not.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
In regards to the legal battle with Sam, as a moderator on this forum, I would encourage everyone on here to be careful what they say. It is a touchy subject and we don't want a repeat of the Seibold fiasco from earlier in the year (unlikely but you never know).

I will say this though, unless Sam is proven quilty, I back him 100%. Just as all Souths fans currently should!

Cardboard to capacity - NRL's COVID success shows way for arts: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/17/cardboard-to-capacity-nrls-covid-19-success-shows-way-for-arts/

Also, from Zero Tackle,

Origin debut could decide Rabbitoh’s future

Young Rabbitohs fullback Corey Allan has become one of the NRL’s hottest prospects.

The young Queenslander has been called upon by Wayne Bennett to feature at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday for the Origin decider.

The 22-year old was forced to deputise for the injured Latrell Mitchell at Redfern, and thanks to some outstanding performances, finds himself with one of the most valuable signatures.

His Origin debut could elevate his status even further, with clubs lining up to sign the youngster, who comes off-contract at the end of 2021.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Allan could double his current $330,000 salary on his next contract with a big performance in Wednesday’s decider.

Bennett told Allan that his talent would be wasted as backup for Mitchell, however the fullback has expressed his desire to stay, signalling he would take a pay cut to stay in South Sydney.

However, agent Sam Ayoub has emphasised he is letting the young star focus on his game instead of his next move.

“With him going into Origin I have not bothered to talk to anybody about him,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“People keep saying this club might be interested and that club. I just thought let him enjoy his time in Origin and not be thinking about anything else.”

Ayoub did hint, however, that if the Souths could not accommodate a position for Allan, then he wouldn’t hesitate to look for other suitors.

“…If there is a better opportunity for him to play in his preferred position for a longer term on a better deal than it is something we will look into. But we are not tripping over ourselves to get to that point.”

With the fullback being from Brisbane, the Broncos have been touted as a potential new home for Allan.

However, Bennett has mentioned that the 22-year old could be useful in other positions and that the club would benefit from having the youngster stay.

“Look, even when I had my chat with Wayne, Wayne said, ‘we love the kid. He doesn’t have to go anywhere. We know he can fill other spots’” Ayoub exclaimed.

“But Latrell is the concern for both myself and Wayne. When I say that (fullback) is where Corey plays and that is where he plays best, which he showed at the back-end of the year.”

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
In regards to the legal battle with Sam, as a moderator on this forum, I would encourage everyone on here to be careful what they say. It is a touchy subject and we don't want a repeat of the Seibold fiasco from earlier in the year (unlikely but you never know).

I will say this though, unless Sam is proven quilty, I back him 100%. Just as all Souths fans currently should!

Cardboard to capacity - NRL's COVID success shows way for arts: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/17/cardboard-to-capacity-nrls-covid-19-success-shows-way-for-arts/

Also, from Zero Tackle,

Origin debut could decide Rabbitoh’s future

Young Rabbitohs fullback Corey Allan has become one of the NRL’s hottest prospects.

The young Queenslander has been called upon by Wayne Bennett to feature at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday for the Origin decider.

The 22-year old was forced to deputise for the injured Latrell Mitchell at Redfern, and thanks to some outstanding performances, finds himself with one of the most valuable signatures.

His Origin debut could elevate his status even further, with clubs lining up to sign the youngster, who comes off-contract at the end of 2021.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Allan could double his current $330,000 salary on his next contract with a big performance in Wednesday’s decider.

Bennett told Allan that his talent would be wasted as backup for Mitchell, however the fullback has expressed his desire to stay, signalling he would take a pay cut to stay in South Sydney.

However, agent Sam Ayoub has emphasised he is letting the young star focus on his game instead of his next move.

“With him going into Origin I have not bothered to talk to anybody about him,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“People keep saying this club might be interested and that club. I just thought let him enjoy his time in Origin and not be thinking about anything else.”

Ayoub did hint, however, that if the Souths could not accommodate a position for Allan, then he wouldn’t hesitate to look for other suitors.

“…If there is a better opportunity for him to play in his preferred position for a longer term on a better deal than it is something we will look into. But we are not tripping over ourselves to get to that point.”

With the fullback being from Brisbane, the Broncos have been touted as a potential new home for Allan.

However, Bennett has mentioned that the 22-year old could be useful in other positions and that the club would benefit from having the youngster stay.

“Look, even when I had my chat with Wayne, Wayne said, ‘we love the kid. He doesn’t have to go anywhere. We know he can fill other spots’” Ayoub exclaimed.

“But Latrell is the concern for both myself and Wayne. When I say that (fullback) is where Corey plays and that is where he plays best, which he showed at the back-end of the year.”
No worries Callmack, just commenting on what has been presented in court, not supposition or introduction of more hearsay "facts"

Travitoh

First Grade

I personally believe that all Souths fans shouldn't let what Sam did for the club blind them from what he has been charged with. They're serious allegations that are only being discussed in the forum with speculation and emotion.

Latest posts