What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
We are the Tigers, we are supposedly linked to everyone, but nobody comes. I hope he does, I just think history is against us. It’s just my opinion. Only time will tell I suppose, I do hope I am wrong and perhaps I have become a pessimist.
Like all of us mate, we don’t know, but I have faith that the club now has a system in place that will make an approach to him, whether we get him is another matter.

We are the Tigers, we are supposedly linked to everyone, but nobody comes. I hope he does, I just think history is against us. It’s just my opinion. Only time will tell I suppose, I do hope I am wrong and perhaps I have become a pessimist.

Way too pessimistic...

No other club in the league has sacked over two thirds of its roster in 2 years,

We have been the most active and successful club in the player market for most of this year, especially in the off season.

Good players signing for unders.

Blore and Stefano would be welcomed at any other club. Gun panther Laurie itching to come across. Big Jim, the bloody club captain walks out on smug.

The books are way in credit and our cup doth runneth over.

We have one of the best coaches in the game who knows how to win a gf and wants to stay.

We have ex rooster recruiters who know exactly what they are doing. No guesses, no panic.

The pack is going to dwarf most other sides out there next year and we are finally tricking up our backline.

A few gaps but on the balance, everything is going the right way, building nicely.

And on top of that, the club is putting out for disabled people so they can share a club experience.

I’m proud of the club at the moment . This is not another false alarm scenario.

This is not another f**king drill.

People are going to come on here and whinge for the entire off season. Wake the f**k up and get with the program. This is the very early days as well.

And if people ask you about a Xmas present, you say you want a Tigers membership before anything else.

It’s time we talked ourselves up.

I get around our forum, the overwhelming majority clubs are doing absolutely bugger all. Lifeless spectators. Most of them asleep at the wheel.

This is the place to be.

Last edited:
Way too pessimistic...

No other club in the league has sacked over two thirds of its roster in 2 years,

We have been the most active and successful club in the player market for most of this year, especially in the off season.

Good players signing for unders.

Blore and Stefano would be welcomed at any other club. Gun panther Laurie itching to come across. Big Jim, the bloody club captain walks out on smug.

The books are way in credit and our cup doth runneth over.

We have one of the best coaches in the game who knows how to win a gf and wants to stay.

We have ex rooster recruiters who know exactly what they are doing. No guesses, no panic.

The pack is going to dwarf most other sides out there next year and we are finally tricking up our backline.

A few gaps but on the balance, everything is going the right way, building nicely.

And on top of that, the club is putting out for disabled people so they can share a club experience.

I’m proud of the club at the moment . This is not another false alarm scenario.

This is not another f**king drill.

People are going to come on here and whinge for the entire off season. Wake the f**k up and get with the program. This is the very early days as well.

And if people ask you about a Xmas present, you say you want a Tigers membership before anything else.

It’s time we talked ourselves up.

I get around our forum, the overwhelming majority clubs are doing absolutely bugger all. Lifeless spectators. Most of them asleep at the wheel.

This is the place to be.
That’s all great, but all I’m saying is I don’t think he’ll sign. Do we have someone they want and is willing to shift to Melbourne? We would have had a better shot without Melbourne’s like for like requirement- a la JAC!

That’s all great, but all I’m saying is I don’t think he’ll sign. Do we have someone they want and is willing to shift to Melbourne? We would have had a better shot without Melbourne’s like for like requirement- a la JAC!

I’m not putting you down mate, no f**king way.

I’m just telling Gods own truth about what’s going on at our club and anyone who’s not a tiny bit inspired, isn’t bouncing around a bit and otherwise optimistic about the next few years should hurry up and check out.

Tigers this, Tigers that, can’t sign anyone, forever condemned, ffs I’m well and truly over doomsaying nutcases.

Get the f**k off your knees lads and stand up for your club. Don’t let fear stand in your way.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm not comparing it to 2005 but in a similar way we have a solid group mixed with experience and youth with potential to become stars. We don't necessarily have marquee players like origin/internationals mainly due to having average players on marquee contracts but the club is definitely trying to fix past mistakes but it's going to take time. This team could finish anywhere between the bottom half of the 8 and the bottom 3 teams altogether but we are still heading in the right direction. I thinks it's about getting an identity back. I just want them to have a season where they gave all the opponents a run for their money.

stryker

First Grade
I’m not putting you down mate, no f**king way.

I’m just telling Gods own truth about what’s going on at our club and anyone who’s not a tiny bit inspired, isn’t bouncing around a bit and otherwise optimistic about the next few years should hurry up and check out.

Tigers this, Tigers that, can’t sign anyone, forever condemned, ffs I’m well and truly over doomsaying nutcases.

Get the f**k off your knees lads and stand up for your club. Don’t let fear stand in your way.
I’m not speaking for anyone else here but how dare you blame the fans? We are THE ONLY stakeholders in this organisation who are innocent of the appalling performances of the past 9 years.

We have had are hearts crushed for decades watching awesome talent unearthed, then squandered by a succession of coaches who all said the right things, but couldn’t get them to fire.On current form we finish near the bottom.

I’ll get excited when I see us start playing and spot fundamental changes to our attitude in defence and an increased spark in attack...both were shit for large sections of 2020.
I’m taking a mild interest in signings - Aussie Jim is good and Smith would be great. Things are looking ok but we are the WESTS TIGERS and drama is always right around the corner. If we are pessimistic, the club had a huge hand in making us this way.

simmo05

Bench
I’m not speaking for anyone else here but how dare you blame the fans? We are THE ONLY stakeholders in this organisation who are innocent of the appalling performances of the past 9 years.

We have had are hearts crushed for decades watching awesome talent unearthed, then squandered by a succession of coaches who all said the right things, but couldn’t get them to fire.On current form we finish near the bottom.

I’ll get excited when I see us start playing and spot fundamental changes to our attitude in defence and an increased spark in attack...both were shit for large sections of 2020.
I’m taking a mild interest in signings - Aussie Jim is good and Smith would be great. Things are looking ok but we are the WESTS TIGERS and drama is always right around the corner. If we are pessimistic, the club had a huge hand in making us this way.
Preach

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing rumours Nofo is indeed heading to Eels. Pretty gutted if true, he was the heart and soul of the Tigers... But then again, we didn't make the finals once while he has been here for us.

At the end of the day, he's a winger - much easier to replace than most other positions. That Gebe guy looks like freak and plays right wing

Yeah well I’ve had enough of this decaying, sulking, victim hood that people want to wallow in every year.

Moaning, groaning, poor me bullshit.

Our club is breaking its balls to lift itself to next level and I say f**k those who white ant it.

This is not Misery Unlimited.

Do, say and think what you want, but don’t drag me into the gutter with you.

Hearing rumours Nofo is indeed heading to Eels. Pretty gutted if true, he was the heart and soul of the Tigers... But then again, we didn't make the finals once while he has been here for us.

At the end of the day, he's a winger - much easier to replace than most other positions. That Gebe guy looks like freak and plays right wing
I’m not fussed if he wants to leave, he’s spent a long time at the club and given his heart and soul, but what shits me is that he wants to go to Parra! Why not Melbourne?

Rhyno

First Grade
Hearing rumours Nofo is indeed heading to Eels.
Yep as a replacement for fergo who has been told he is unwanted beyond next year

a shame for the tigers as he is the only real star player they have. BA will turn him into an origin player with in 12months

Latest posts