What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
Panthers were about to do it.*
In all probity we did it under Gus and perhaps do it now but there's no proof so you can't say it like it's a fact. It's just probably a fact.
Well it was in place during Moylan's contract so it 110% happened. Though it doesn't mean we we're over the cap just that we had an illegal TPA @MugaB is right about that BUT TPAs like that are what you'd use to keep the roster under the cap when you otherwise couldn't. if that applies to Panthers we have no idea and never will. Very likely the team is under the cap anyways since Gus was always moving players on he seemed to be trying to keep the balance as best he could.

Blade23

Juniors
Just a quick pop in. Feeling better but still a bit if recovery to go.

Mansour will be gone soon. Could be as early as this week.
Tigers are favourites but there is another club in the mix. The other club is chasing another back elsewhere. Depends if they get him.
If he goes to the Tigers the Cini swap with Laurie will be back on the table. Provided both sides are happy with terms. $$

Announcements on Yeo and Luai are imminent. I think Yeo might be announced this week.
Crichton not far off either, unless there is a late curveball.

Oh, and one or two signings to come.

Happy New Year all.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors

Tigers are favourites but there is another club in the mix. The other club is chasing another back elsewhere. Depends if they get him.
If he goes to the Tigers the Cini swap with Laurie will be back on the table. Provided both sides are happy with terms. $$

Announcements on Yeo and Luai are imminent. I think Yeo might be announced this week.

Happy New Year all.
Happy new year to you and yours, sit back take it easy and watch some sport whilst recouping, I find that works well for me:thumbsup:

Isaac A

Juniors

Happy New Year all.
Any idea the other club Blade23?

murraymob

Coach
Eels or Dogs would be my guess.
Eels chasing Nofoaluma and if you believe The Kennel, Dogs linked to Momirovski.
Yes it’s the eels .currently there is a problem with there winger Ferguson and he may not be back to the squad till mid pre season .

hindy111

Post Whore
The point is all clubs do it. Every single one even ours. The difference as far as I know is the amount. Storm were the biggest as far as I remember (could be off don't remember the exact figures)

Bulldogs and Storm where the biggest.Folowed by the Eels who become cap compliant for the bulk of season. The Dogs kept side together and they all took pay cuts to win the comp the following season.
Warriors also caught.
Cowboys had a major enquiry due to land development packages being sold at reduced prices to players.
Brisbane and Roosters would have a few deals going on in the days.

But anyhows I agree if cheat then should be punished......

maple_69

Bench
If we close out the off season with the below business being done it will be a hell of a job. Our depth will probably not have as much upside (for 2021 at least) but I think our 17 will be as good if not better over the next few years and we will have able depth to plug reasonable injury rates.

Re-signed: To’o, Martin, Crichton, Staines, Leniu, Yeo, Luai
Moving on: Burton, Laurie, Tetevano, Mansour, Hetherington, Tamou
New Signings: Cini, Eisenhuth, Rennings, Salmon, Seumanufagai, Sorenson

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If we close out the off season with the below business being done it will be a hell of a job. Our depth will probably not have as much upside (for 2021 at least) but I think our 17 will be as good if not better over the next few years and we will have able depth to plug reasonable injury rates.

I think that’s a great result.

franklin2323

Immortal

Yep. It is why I couldn't understand the sky is falling lot

Smug Panther

First Grade

No no no the sky is falling in

Jane Murray

Bench

Unless I have missed something, Cini, Seumanufagai, and Sorenson, has not been confirmed, and that same applies with Crichton, Yeo, and Luai, although they will re-sign.

Average off season for mine, we lost too much in the prop department. Not terrible, but average.

MugaB

Coach
Bulldogs and Storm where the biggest.Folowed by the Eels who become cap compliant for the bulk of season. The Dogs kept side together and they all took pay cuts to win the comp the following season.
Warriors also caught.
Cowboys had a major enquiry due to land development packages being sold at reduced prices to players.
Brisbane and Roosters would have a few deals going on in the days.

But anyhows I agree if cheat then should be punished......
Whatever and however you wanna rationalize it, the Eels are a bunch of salary cap cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.