What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Yep and the front row is where the game is won. And I don't see what Sorensen offers.

Yeah that’s the main area of change.
First 17 middles I think is not too big of a step down with Tamou/Yeo/Fish/Leota/Tetevano going to Leota/Yeo/Fish/Leniu/Smith (for arguments sake). Depth goes from Leniu/Hetherington/Smith to Eisenhuth/Sorenson/Seumanufagai. I don’t think any of those guys let you down but they will be solid at best whereas Hetherington/Leniu could come in and potentially change the game.

Sime_11

Juniors
the situation is what it is - as has been said countless times - a fantastic season means the club struggles to retain all the talent.

as long as both the current and incoming players know that we are the hunted now not the hunters - we need to hold ourselves to a very high standard.

bring on 2021 season :)

Isaac A

Juniors
Looks like Franklin was talking his usual gibber (signings will be announced before we get back in the new year). No need for the continue made up stories.
Like the time he told us Cleary was out v Souths in Rd7 last yr with a leg injury. It was a boil on his forehead & he played :face_palm:♂️

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yeo doesn’t play like a prop, look at the stats. Far less hit ups.

Our props are undoubtedly a weaker rotation than 2020.
Not as weak as you think though. Leniu didn't make our GF side and he'll be a upgrade on Zane.
Hetherington is no loss either. Aussie Jim is the only real loss but Yeo and Fish will step up

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeo doesn’t play like a prop, look at the stats. Far less hit ups.

Our props are undoubtedly a weaker rotation than 2020.

How many sides likely run a player as good as Capewell on the bench? That pushes someone up to the front to give him minutes

Hetherington is yet to prove he can play regular games.
Leinu some on here wanted in the GF squad. He will get better

MugaB

Coach
Hello Franklin's BF. Now tell me.where these signings are? He's got more hot air in him than me after a vindaloo & 12 schooners.
Hi fkwit! That all may well be true
But youre still a f**kwt

P.s. wonder if this is James esquire Hooper trolling the forums for some foxsports content on here, or some other lowlife sports reporter, im betting its someone who is keen on the Crichton or Mansauce signing, coz they had seemed to somehow exist as soon as Blade23 tuned in today in regards to what the grapevine was in recruiting at Penrith

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Hello Franklin's BF. Now tell me.where these signings are? He's got more hot air in him than me after a vindaloo & 12 schooners.

It won't load on here but the club tweeted out some photos behind Kenny you see a new player

Full squad of 36 trained today.. why the club hasn't announced them all who knows

Isaac A

Juniors
How many sides likely run a player as good as Capewell on the bench? That pushes someone up to the front to give him minutes

Hetherington is yet to prove he can play regular games.
Leinu some on here wanted in the GF squad. He will get better
Here she is another expert opinion. Have we signed those 2 props under 25? Both Sorensen & Ava s are 27. So does that mean were signing 4 props?

Isaac A

Juniors
Hi fkwit! That all may well be true
But youre still a f**kwt

P.s. wonder if this is James esquire Hooper trolling the forums for some foxsports content on here, or some other lowlife sports reporter, im betting its someone who is keen on the signing, coz they had seemed to somehow exist as soon as Blade23 tuned in today in regards to what the grapevine was in recruiting at Penrith
Hit a nerve much lol

Abacus

Juniors
If we close out the off season with the below business being done it will be a hell of a job. Our depth will probably not have as much upside (for 2021 at least) but I think our 17 will be as good if not better over the next few years and we will have able depth to plug reasonable injury rates.

Re-signed: To’o, Martin, Crichton, Staines, Leniu, Yeo, Luai
Moving on: Burton, Laurie, Tetevano, Mansour, Hetherington, Tamou
New Signings: Cini, Eisenhuth, Rennings, Salmon, Seumanufagai, Sorenson
There are a few guys missing from your "Moving on" list including Aekins, Ellis & MWZ.

It seems the new guys are replacing these depth players (e.g. Rennings for MWZ, Salmon for Aekins) but its a little difficult to get excited about Cini (0 NRL games) based on an A Grade highlights video & Sorenson (not sure what he offers but I guess if the price is right...).

Eisenhuth & Ava (if we get him) are good signings. If we can have the following Top 17, we're not going to go too bad:
  1. Edwards
  2. To'o
  3. Naden
  4. Crichton
  5. Staines (Mansour)
  6. Luai
  7. Cleary
  8. JFH
  9. Api
  10. Eisenhuth (Tamou)
  11. Kikau
  12. Capewell
  13. Yeo
  14. May
  15. Martin
  16. Leota
  17. Leniu
Realistically we then have NRL-capable depth of Rennings, Whare, Burton, Ava, Kenny, Burns. After that, things look fairly slim & grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.