What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

Kilkenny

Coach
Cows started the Match with Drinkwater at FB and Holmes on the wing. Holmes played FB in the 2nd half.
Payten claims he doesn't know who will play FB come round 1. I say he is foxing.
HTF played centre and was a turnstile. I doubt he starts r1 at centre. Marsters and O'Neill would be ahead of him.

Todd Payton will know his preferred 17 and there starting positions.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Todd Payton will know his preferred 17 and there starting positions.

I would hope so. I think Hook mightn't.
It is not uncommon for a new coach to chop and change early on looking for the right combinations. There will be players at the club who might struggle to adapt to a new coach's game plan. Others will thrive early on.
The Cowboy's roster needs a good shake-up and cleanout. So do the Dragons.

soc123_au

Staff member
I would hope so. I think Hook mightn't.
It is not uncommon for a new coach to chop and change early on looking for the right combinations. There will be players at the club who might struggle to adapt to a new coach's game plan. Others will thrive early on.
The Cowboy's roster needs a good shake-up and cleanout. So do the Dragons.
Poor old Hook has a hell of a job ahead of him. If they give him enough time I think he will improve the place. It will be interesting to see how he goes without the clout in recruiting new talent to the club that he is used to.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Poor old Hook has a hell of a job ahead of him. If they give him enough time I think he will improve the place. It will be interesting to see how he goes without the clout in recruiting new talent to the club that he is used to.
Unless he's changed his whole personality he's no chance.

murraymob

First Grade
We have the better 17 .I have no doubt they will come out firing and try to blow us off the field with a fast start.Hold them early and our class will get them at the back end

Kilkenny

Coach

I agree. He’s really hamstring with a dysfunctional spine, particularly now he is without McInnes even if he was going to play lock. He is in an unenviable position but he had no choice but to take the job, wasn’t going to get a gig elsewhere. I wish him well.

Kilkenny

Coach
17,000 capacity for round 1. Will be a big advantage

It will be great if we can get back to full stadiums. I’m not going off too early, a couple of community transmissions as a consequence of returned travellers and we will be back to square one.

franklin2323

Immortal
It will be great if we can get back to full stadiums. I’m not going off too early, a couple of community transmissions as a consequence of returned travellers and we will be back to square one.

Grounds like Bankwest will be 100% which is good. Would be good to have places like Bathurst and Dubbo full.

The 1st month will be key. By that time those working hotel will be vaccinated and very minimal chance

franklin2323

Immortal
To be fair going off last year the Broncos usually have their naps in the 2nd half.

Throw in having guys out there that likely don't get near the top 17. Aside from copping a major injury you can't read too much into trial scores

Kilkenny

Coach
The Cowboys had a terrible 2020, maybe they were excuses given Covid and bubbles and travelling long distances on game day etc.

New coach, no travel restrictions at this point and on paper they do have a decent roster.

I thought our trial against the Eels was really good, high intensity game against tough opponents.

It was a really solid performance even if only a trial and disappointing we didn’t put more points on the board, which we deserved given the performance.

Dangerous first round opponents, this will be a tough hard fought contest.

Latest posts