What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree no real reason to change much from the 17 on the weekend .Last bench spot up for grabs .Its a good line up to match the cows.We hold them up the middle we win

I'd match their bench. If they go small then the last bench spot should be small if not then 1-17 from the weekend should play

martielang

Bench
Hopgood over Eisenhuth? Dreamin. Not sure what Girds issue with the Huth is but he was solid during the trial, done his job well.

betcats

Referee
Hopgood over Eisenhuth? Dreamin. Not sure what Girds issue with the Huth is but he was solid during the trial, done his job well.

Eisenhuth was solid but Hopgood in that trial looked better than solid, not sure what way I'd go tbh but if it ends up Hopgood I can see why, he was impressive.

chrisD

Coach
I think it's Cleary's way that all Eisenhuth and Mimorosvski had to do to retain their positions round 1 was show they're not unfit or incapable of defending in their positions, and they both did that without issue.

I think Hopgood's effort might have pushed himself up to first drop.

Unless we go on a losing streak or someone's proving a defensive liability I expect the fringe guys - Naden, Hopgood, Burton, will have to wait for injuries to get a run. Or at least a good 4 games of the people in front of them performing poorly.

And I'm fine with that tbh.

My biggest ? is if Api is going to get a rest and I suppose May some time at hooker.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Youre the clown westy, banging on about a parra trial game in the round 1 thread, cant even take criticism, need to result to clown insults, coz you messed up, howbout i make another trial thread within this thread, then we can discuss all the great points that everyone has already stated in the actual trial thread

View attachment 46239

Too many threads

Are you f**king 7 years old?

franklin2323

Immortal
If Eisenhuth knows he is in the top 17 then no point going too hard. Wheras Hopgood is going to want to impress

MugaB

Coach
Are you f**king 7 years old?
Nope I'm a clown, and petty,
you here seem to be the voice of reason, thanks for contributing, incase you haven't read all 6 pages of the thread the summary ended up that we were both giving it to each other because we both are fiercely territorial and love our team, join the band!

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I added more to my rant, you missed out pal, buddy, bud
Ah I see I caught the first draft. What can I say the speed of Staines up in here. My response still stands. We can be petty, we can be clowns, we can be territorial but we still follow the better team and are a level above.

Little segway actually watched an Eels fan pour his beer over a kid at Panthers stadium in 2016 just because he could.

MugaB

Coach
Ah I see I caught the first draft. What can I say the speed of Staines up in here. My response still stands. We can be petty, we can be clowns, we can be territorial but we still follow the better team and are a level above.

Little segway actually watched an Eels fan pour his beer over a kid at Panthers stadium in 2016 just because he could.
What f**kwit

Wasting a beer, terrible human..

... are eels fans considered that? Human?

Original Name

Juniors
Eisenhuth is 100% a plodder. That's just the way he runs. But don't focus on what does before the line. Focus on what does when he hits the line. That's what coaches care about. He plays the ball at a decent speed and gets away some offloads and is a good defender. That's enough. He's not a lazy shit, defender like Woods.

I know footy fans particularly Penrith fans like to players ripping in, running hard and for a lot of people it's not a great look but as long the dude does his job reliabily that's all that Ivan would want. The Storm won premierships putting these cheap props who don't look impressive but reliabily do their job into their team.

I'd prefer Martin as a bench prop and Matt as depth but I don't think it's bad for him to be in the 17.

In the business end of the season I'd like for Matt's minutes to be eased but for him to be told to get involved in the defense as much as he can. Hopefully that would have a flow on effect of allowing Api in Yeo to play a better 80 minutes in attack in the last 20 of games minutes of games.

Last edited:

Latest posts