What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
Is 600k expensive for a quality centre though?

Sure it aint exactly cheap, but that doesn't mean it can't be decent value either. I'd rather Staggs on 600k than Waqa on say 400k with the rest of the coin used on depth.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haha, yep....

The next one I reckon that's going to get very old very quickly is "belt and braces". Never heard until about a month ago, creeping in to every other day vernacular in work meetings....
Is that the new “Lisa needs braces” and “Dental Plan” ????

Glenneel

Bench
Stuff:
New phrases that you hear, then lickety split they jumped the shark.
Eg: "Deep dive"
This is a new term right?
I heard it for the first time about 4 months ago, my first thought is "yeah, cool phrase"... now I reckon I hear it once a day.
I knew it had officially jumped the shark when just a minute ago I used it in another thread on this forum.
Balls deep is the alternative statement.

eels_fan

First Grade
Don’t think we’d get Kotoni for $600k.

the broncos would happily offer that, they’ll let Milford go at the end of the year and have over $1m available.

Reckon it will take $750k plus to get him to Sydney.

84 Baby

Referee

the broncos would happily offer that, they’ll let Milford go at the end of the year and have over $1m available.

Depends if Boncos realise their cap balance is f**ked

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We’ve seen what an average centre can offer (Blake) 600k isn’t ludicrous for a quality centre in his prime.
Blake is also a gun operator one-on-one. It's just been f**ken hard getting him the ball in space. Especially when every time we get a quick play-the-ball or an offload it's followed by another Gutho run up the guts.

84 Baby

Referee
We’ve seen what an average centre can offer (Blake) 600k isn’t ludicrous for a quality centre in his prime.
Grass is greener.
Staggs would be on par with Waqa. Slightly above at best because of some different attacking skills. But defensively, you’d lampoon both.

84 Baby

Referee
Blake is also a gun operator one-on-one. It's just been f**ken hard getting him the ball in space. Especially when every time we get a quick play-the-ball or an offload it's followed by another Gutho run up the guts.
The situation is getting a bit Hayneesque with Gunco. He gets the runs because he’s the one always there. Others need to get more consistently involved in those opportunities. It’s what the Smugfers did better than others last season

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have heard we are heavily into signing kotoni staggs

Willing to give him very close to 600k for a long deal.

M Jennings replacement.

Not sure if I am on board with him at that money

Staggs is just as average a defender as Blake, imo - but he is a way better attacker.

yy_cheng

Coach
The situation is getting a bit Hayneesque with Gunco. He gets the runs because he’s the one always there. Others need to get more consistently involved in those opportunities. It’s what the Smugfers did better than others last season
Semi used to always get a run coz he comes in looking for the ball. I remember alot of times Semi from the left wing will end up runnning down the right hand side of the field.

Fergo used to go looking for the ball too.

But somehow, that's no longer happening with our current crop of players.

hindy111

Post Whore

I wouldn't touch him after a knee reco tbh. His skill is his step and turn of pace. That may be gone now.

hindy111

Post Whore

One on one or with space Blake is going to minimum make you 20 meters.
He is almost impossible to stop one on one from 15mtrs out imo.
But no player is making a break if there is no space or a slow play the ball.

Latest posts