What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

Only way I would agree is yes the medical clearance but also Sharks to cover the last $250,000 of his 6 months left this year with us covering $200,000 and then next year Sharks cover $500,000 with us around that $300-$350k mark.
That equals roughly a $250-$275 per season contract on our books for 21 & 22 for a player who yes is rocks or diamonds.
Bulldogs did it a few years back with players over two years so we could do the same with Fifita.
If it doesn’t happen I’m also fine with that however he does provide second phase play which is what excites me most.

redv13

Bench
I reckon he’s been dropped because he has fallen out with coach.
Is he a dickhead? Absolutely.
Would he fire up and play well for us? 100%. He’s one of those players that when challenged rises up and delivers.
If we signed him for 3 years or something silly like that then I would not be happy but get him for this year and next then I reckon it’s a gamble worth taking.
I want to win.
Spot on Crush. 100% agree with you

St Tangles

Bench
If used off the bench on spurts I think he would be a good pickup for us

If used like Graham was playing long minutes no thanks

ALSGI

Bench
I reckon he’s been dropped because he has fallen out with coach.
Is he a dickhead? Absolutely.
Would he fire up and play well for us? 100%. He’s one of those players that when challenged rises up and delivers.
If we signed him for 3 years or something silly like that then I would not be happy but get him for this year and next then I reckon it’s a gamble worth taking.
I want to win.
Ok, get the excitement about this Dickhead who was awesome several years ago but he’s busted, old news and would play how many games due to injury/suspension? Great for our young blokes and culture - NOT.

All that aside, Tbh - i just really dislike him and don’t want him to stain our jumper and I’d struggle to ever support him in our jumper in any circumstance.

NO. Big FAT NO!

Happy for him to stay in Reggies at Shonks.

redv13

Bench
I wouldn't worry about the dickhead part to much. I could imagine Hook would leave him in no doubt what he expects from.him. Probably a paragraph or 2 in his contract stating the same.
The fact Hook coached him with Tonga suggests there is a mutual respect between the 2. Surely Hook wouldn’t entertain the idea if Fifita was an arse under his coaching??

Crush

Coach
Ok, get the excitement about this Dickhead who was awesome several years ago but he’s busted, old news and would play how many games due to injury/suspension? Great for our young blokes and culture - NOT.

All that aside, Tbh - i just really dislike him and don’t want him to stain our jumper and I’d struggle to ever support him in our jumper in any circumstance.

NO. Big FAT NO!

Happy for him to stay in Reggies at Shonks.
My brother is a mad Sharks fan, reckons for all his faults Fifita is actually a staunch club man and excellent with young blokes.
I don’t like him all that much either but reckon he’d lift our chances at winning games of football. I can get past his dickheadiness (is that a word?)

redv13

Bench
My brother is a mad Sharks fan, reckons for all his faults Fifita is actually a staunch club man and excellent with young blokes.
I don’t like him all that much either but reckon he’d lift our chances at winning games of football. I can get past his dickheadiness (is that a word?)
We’ve signed a few controversial players in the past with no issues playing at Saints.
Costigan, Weyman, Dugan, Packer, Macdonald. Now it’s time for the big fella to join the list

Last edited:

Juniors
My initial reaction was hell no. However he could provide a solid second phase for us and an impact off bench similar to Ryan James down at raiders.
If we can convince sharkies to chip in a fair chunk of his contract I’d be ok with it.

possm

Coach
My initial reaction was hell no. However he could provide a solid second phase for us and an impact off bench similar to Ryan James down at raiders.
If we can convince sharkies to chip in a fair chunk of his contract I’d be ok with it.
But what if, after letting a bunch of players go at the end of 2021, we had the salary cap and an agreed deal?

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m thinking this is a done deal with only the formalities to be completed.
Am I a fan of his, No but at the right price & used correctly which I’m confident Hook will do(unlike the previous bloke who shall remain nameless)then I can see the reason in his signing.
We all know his knee/s is/are busted but he’s shown he can play with pain.

mickeylane

Bench
This just in from someone very close to Fifita

“Hi yeah it looks like it will happen Morris hates him I think it’s the best decision but it’s also about money “

boardlumps62

Juniors
Fifita's circumstances have changed since signing that horrible 800k contract. Drangons will pay him out for this season (it already in their budget) and Dragons will pay him 500k - 600k for 2022 if he goes well in 2021.

Of course all would depend on a favourable medical report.
A favourable report from a dodgy doctor. Me with two arthritic knees so I'm told never had a problem after a lifetime in sport. Guess what a physio who knows his shit can do wonders. So who will do his report tell me again. Lose weight ice it up Andrew go for another 2 years easy bro.