What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

panthersam

Juniors
I thought that was a great win, hats off to the broncos, that’s first time in as long as I can remember that our forward pack got bash up a bit.

Iceman and Romey stood up once again and got us home, as good as the field goal and try were, I thought Romey’s grubber into the in goal for the repeat set was clutch.

6 in a row Baby, bring on the knights!

Was such a quality play from Jarome, and the work done by him in the lead up to Cleary’s try was incredible also.

I haven’t seen a halves pairing that seem to be in sync like those two are for a long time.

maple_69

Bench
Great game, incredible performance by the Broncos pack. They ran hard and had good line speed all night. We looked off but that might have been due to the level the Broncos brought.

Good to get into a tight content and be forced to tough it out and come up with the goods. It’s interesting that Cleary has got this reputation as a shit big game player when he is just so good winning games at the death.

I’d give the 3 points to To’o tonight. Got an absolute roasting all night and only let one in along with a million tough hit ups.

Crichton was better tonight but I do think his strengths suit centre better. Maybe switching Critta and Momo would be worth a try when Edwards is back.

Girds89

Bench
Any chance you can 'time stamp' them?

As per kayo time stamp

First half- 27.17min
Half juggles but regains it Staines is wide open and he doesn't even look right. Had time to easy.

2nd half- 21.55mins absolutely terrible. Doesn't even look just jinks off his right and runs into the line at half pace with Charlie deadset wide open. Seriously it was terrible. Could see Charlie fling he's he'd back in frustration afterwards.

It's his running style. I think he's thinking about himself to much instead of trying to set up his winger. His missed giving it to Charlie wide open many times this year and imo just doesn't look threatening on the right. He's running style really seems to stall the attack

Original Name

Juniors
As per kayo time stamp

First half- 27.17min
Half juggles but regains it Staines is wide open and he doesn't even look right. Had time to easy.

2nd half- 21.55mins absolutely terrible. Doesn't even look just jinks off his right and runs into the line at half pace with Charlie deadset wide open. Seriously it was terrible. Could see Charlie fling he's he'd back in frustration afterwards.

It's his running style. I think he's thinking about himself to much instead of trying to set up his winger. His missed giving it to Charlie wide open many times this year and imo just doesn't look threatening on the right. He's running style really seems to stall the attack
Saw him do it once tonight when Charlie was open but every other time in the year it's looked to me like Staines was about to taken into touch but cover defense if he passed.

MugaB

Coach
Great game, incredible performance by the Broncos pack. They ran hard and had good line speed all night. We looked off but that might have been due to the level the Broncos brought.

Good to get into a tight content and be forced to tough it out and come up with the goods. It’s interesting that Cleary has got this reputation as a shit big game player when he is just so good winning games at the death.

I’d give the 3 points to To’o tonight. Got an absolute roasting all night and only let one in along with a million tough hit ups.

Crichton was better tonight but I do think his strengths suit centre better. Maybe switching Critta and Momo would be worth a try when Edwards is back.

TO'O definitely Man of the Match!!
videotogif_2021.04.16_01.24.42.gif

franklin2323

Immortal
Saw him do it once tonight when Charlie was open but every other time in the year it's looked to me like Staines was about to taken into touch but cover defense if he passed.

Yep or was going to be pinned in the corner on the last. Sometimes throwing the pass isn't a good option

martielang

Bench
No he wasn't allowing a prop to step him like that? He is such a talent but he's no fullback

TPJ didn’t even have to step Burton, he just ran around him...

Tbh I only made that comment for fishing reasons, but if you’re going to criticise Crichton for that miss, Burton’s was easily the equal or worse.

They were both fine imo. We were just enthused across the park which is goin to happen from time to time.

WestyLife

First Grade
Whatever the case I don't think anyone will be arguing with Crichton going back to centre when the time comes. Just want my Dyl back. I'm really disliking Crichton this year but can't argue with winning while missing the fullback and hooker.

Jane Murray

Bench
TPJ didn’t even have to step Burton, he just ran around him...

Tbh I only made that comment for fishing reasons, but if you’re going to criticise Crichton for that miss, Burton’s was easily the equal or worse.

They were both fine imo. We were just enthused across the park which is goin to happen from time to time.
The Broncos turned up. We didn't play badly. That game was a test we needed.

Panfa

Juniors
I thought we got outmuscled in the forwards last night bigtime.Momirovski as good a defender as he is needs to take the blinkers off mate you got one of the fastest players in the nrl outside you and you don't pass.Chrichton lucky we won the last 2 games or your fullback days are over too slow bringing the ball back loose carries bad positional plays and defence dear oh dear.Easy to run 234m when your a fullback and have 50 runs.Lastly eisenhuth has gotta go I'm sick of watching that powderpuff cart the ball up like a little girl makes me sick give Sorensen a run ffs.

Girds89

Bench
Yep or was going to be pinned in the corner on the last. Sometimes throwing the pass isn't a good option

Haha watch both of the times mate. Both mid field not on the last. Corey Oates (one of the slower wingers in nrl) was beat all ends up and the covering defence was nowhere in sight.

He bombed both moments clearly cause he doesn't even look. Sure sometimes throwing the pass is the wrong option but both those times it was cleary not. It's becoming more and more of an issue in his game.

chrisD

Coach
Broncos were pretty good, 80 minutes of competence (besides goal line defence) and intensity. We had some weaknesses shown up. To'o under the high ball, can't do much about. Staines shaky under heavy defence, has to get better. May's defence didn't hold up in the middle. Crichton continues to prove he's no fullback, but that sorts itself out when Edwards is back.

Almost need to give To'o a week off.

franklin2323

Immortal
Haha watch both of the times mate. Both mid field not on the last. Corey Oates (one of the slower wingers in nrl) was beat all ends up and the covering defence was nowhere in sight.

He bombed both moments clearly cause he doesn't even look. Sure sometimes throwing the pass is the wrong option but both those times it was cleary not. It's becoming more and more of an issue in his game.

Oates also has 30kg on Staines though. Late in the 1st half Staines got a ball and Oates was beaten but Oates stopped the try. Another time Staines went into touch

So it isn't like Staines didn't get any ball at all. No idea why Oates wasn't in FG earlier he is by far their best winger