What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Old Timer

Coach
Great watching, thanks OT.
It would be handy to have those wingers,centre’s, Gourlay & Osborne today.
The game was so enjoyable to watch back then and there was certainly plenty of speed to keep us all super excited.

Watching the smaller players make great busts as the big guys got a bit tired was what the game is actually all about.

Interesting in such a short clip how important the centres were back then and now they are almost un-recogniseable.

I am positive that some of the changes have been detrimental to the game as a spectacle.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'M DEDICATING MY 5,000 POST TO ALL THOSE ANZACS THAT GAVE THEIR LIVES SO WE COULD ENJOY THE LIVES WE HAVE TODAY......MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE OF YOU FOR PAYING THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...LEST WE FORGET.....
I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL THIS ANZAC DAY WHEN WE TAKE ON THE ROOSTERS

Well done BSE, both on the dedication to the ANZACS and the dedication and contributions to this forum to hit 5k posts...

Dragon David

First Grade
I'M DEDICATING MY 5,000 POST TO ALL THOSE ANZACS THAT GAVE THEIR LIVES SO WE COULD ENJOY THE LIVES WE HAVE TODAY......MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE OF YOU FOR PAYING THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...LEST WE FORGET.....
I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL THIS ANZAC DAY WHEN WE TAKE ON THE ROOSTERS
Congratulations on reaching your 5,000 posts BSE and paying due respects to our ANZACS.

Dragon David

First Grade
They say the roosters are understrength
They still have a classy 17.
Both injured props have been named and radley got off.
They have only lost to souths and storm.
No disgrace if we don't win.
OT A a new video is circulating involving another player, i hope its not our club involved.
With respect to your O/T jeffdragon, Foxsports reports that the player is from the Eels.

TruSaint

Referee
With respect to your O/T jeffdragon, Foxsports reports that the player is from the Eels.

Yep,

The Parramatta Eels have confirmed the club is aware one of its players is at the centre of a sex tape scandal being investigated by the NRL.
The Daily Telegraph on Wednesday reported the NRL’s Integrity Unit had launched an investigation into the sex tape allegedly involving a current rugby league star.

The video of the act shows a man and woman engaging in sex in a public toilet. It appears to be filmed over the toilet door by a bystander.

On Wednesday the Eels released a statement in relation to the incident.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/d28948fd8b473b9cc608ccd32a81c485

getsmarty

Immortal
birdj-210320_sd_02_202131917177.jpg

DRAGONS

Bird itching for homecoming Anzac Day experience
Author
Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 21 Apr 2021, 08:01 AM
newtonalicia-head.png

Share on social media
For more than six years Jack Bird has pondered whether he would ever get the chance to experience an Anzac Day clash between the Dragons and the Roosters.

As a local junior coming through St George Illawarra's under-20s system, Bird watched the last post take place before some of the greatest clashes unfolded in front of packed venues to commemorate the day.

Bird's defection to the Sharks in 2015 cancelled out any hope the Berkeley Eagles junior had of running out in the famous Red V kit on Anzac Day to take on the Roosters – until now.

"You sit back and watch it on TV, see the big crowds and the history of it, and you kick yourself," Bird told NRL.com.

"It's a game I've always wanted to play in. I'm really looking forward to playing and for those who fought for our country.

"To play in the NRL is pretty special but nothing compared to those who served and sacrificed so much for others. To pay our respects with an event like this it makes it a little bit special than just a normal NRL game."

remote.axd

Lest we forget: Roosters and Dragons legends remember Anzac Day

Lest we forget: Roosters and Dragons legends remember Anzac Day

Bird's fondest memories included an in-form Dragons winning four Anzac Day clashes in a row and Brett Morris among those who finished out his Dragons career on to before moving to the Bulldogs.

With Bird also off to the Sharks, the pair have only ever played alongside each other at the representative level.

On Sunday, they'll be up against each other on the same edge in a match-up Bird believes could dictate the match with Joey Manu, Sam Walker and James Tedesco in the firing line.

"B-Moz is scoring tries from anywhere and Joey Manu has been one of the best centres in the comp over the past two years," Bird said.

"Sam is a young kid but in saying that from what I've seen, he's got a good head on his shoulders and sometimes when you don't know too much about someone is where they can be dangerous.

"We all know what Teddy can do so we have to keep an eye out for him and shut him down … shut them all down really. Their left edge is just as good.

"They've got a few players out but are still a very experienced squad."

For Bird, the feeling of stringing together consecutive games is a confidence booster after back-to-back ACL injuries within 18 months threatened to derail his career.

Despite a one-match ban in round four, Bird has built a solid foundation in the first quarter of the competition.

"I've got no dramas with it, I've played five games now and it's pulled up well, it doesn't hurt after games," the former Bronco said.

"I am finding my feet again and adjusting to the pace of the game. There's still points I can improve with my knee but playing on it, it's not bothering me or in my mind, which is good."

remote.axd

Dufty feeds a charging Bird

Dufty feeds a charging Bird

The Dragons' solid form to start the season has also given Bird a reason to smile with the former NSW representative relishing the opportunity to return to familiar surroundings in Wollongong.

"Life's good, I get to see my family and friends. Mum's happy I'm living back here at the moment and I get to see my dad every day," Bird said.

"A lot of people were writing us off but when I went back there I looked at the squad and thought it was a young team that can do some damage.

"Since then we've got Andrew McCullough, who is playing some great footy, Benny Hunt is back to his best and Moose (Josh McGuire) just arrived so there are some older heads there now.

"I always had the confidence in this team and the big thing is we're playing as a team."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/21/bird-itching-for-homecoming-anzac-day-experience/

blacksafake

First Grade
The game was so enjoyable to watch back then and there was certainly plenty of speed to keep us all super excited.

Watching the smaller players make great busts as the big guys got a bit tired was what the game is actually all about.

Interesting in such a short clip how important the centres were back then and now they are almost un-recogniseable.

I am positive that some of the changes have been detrimental to the game as a spectacle.
:100:

Latest posts