What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Sharks

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree wuth Tallis and Hook on this one...Hiroti had the whole of Ramseys body to make the tackle but instead attacked his head....if their going to be consistsnt then he should have been sent off.....hed better get some time off after the judiciary visit otherwise theres going to be a lot of angry people out there.....because Pappy took no further part in the game when Fui tackled him, well neither did Ramsey..just because one got stretched off as a precaution and one walked off shouldnt come into it

Once again-every time we got the ball we dropped it. A certain forward just keeps on dropping it-don't know why he's in 1st grade. Simple mistakes every week cruels us. To me Hunt played and tackled brilliantly tonight.He should do all the kicking.
Once again Norman absolutely useless yet still gets picked. Running on the last in golden point-beyond dumb.
Plus we need a kicker-stick with Bird-at least he got his shot.
Pereira !! not a winger.
Near the end we went back to one out running-no side to side like last week. I cant believe this stupid tactic.Unfortunately to me Vaughan cant pass and shouldn't be in the team.I watch that absolute bas*ard Woods still manage to attract 3 tacklers and pass it-not one of our forwards is capable of this.
Losing to the Scum twice at our home ground is unimaginable-its sickens me.
We should be doing better and to me if we had a new 5/8 i think we could. But how do we convince Hook? Im so over watching Norman ruin us

BLM01

First Grade
As Jeffdragon said the lost points hurt the most but the side deserved more tonight. I understand the disappointment but we had at least 9 players out who could have been part of our side tonight. We only had 46% of the possession and lost three players to injury during the game. Yet we should, or at least, could have won. So l find descriptions such as our team being “dumb” and “hopeless” over the top. Kerr falling off the tackle on the winger ultimately set it up for the Sharks but apart from his constant poor handling, he played ok. Billy Burns had his best game while Ford tried hard but has developed into a plodder. Norman? Did a few good things but couldn’t land the killer blow. He might not be worth the money he is on, and he frustrates the hell out of me, but Clune is not the answer. Clune should be in the 17 but certainly not a game winner. While Ramsey did some good things, we missed Dufty. Nevertheless it was good to see some of our future players stand up to the occasion. Amone missed a tackle that led to a try but he handled everything else thrown at him. A very gutsy effort from our team but the loss of those points might be crucial.
Yes and I have been bagging Max for his efforts and game over past 2 weeks. I saw a much improved performance tonight. I dont blame Amone..he is not a centre but played admirably.
Pereira and Bird also had good games.
I would of liked to see Amone slot in to 5/8th for a bit to trouble the Sharks around the ruck with his footwork and speed.
We missed a bit of that
Liked the look of Jayden Hunt..too. Unl;cky he knocked himself out but a real young goer.
Good times ahead ..but I keep saying it, a bumpy road.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree wuth Tallis and Hook on this one...Hiroti had the whole of Ramseys body to make the tackle but instead attacked his head....if their going to be consistsnt then he should have been sent off.....hed better get some time off after the judiciary visit otherwise theres going to be a lot of angry people out there.....because Pappy took no further part in the game when Fui tackled him, well neither did Ramsey..just because one got stretched off as a precaution and one walked off shouldnt come into it
To be fair it wes chalk and cheese...no where as forceful as Fui and was more of an accident in speed chasing a player from behind. He will be suspended but maybe only 1-2 which is max.

BLM01

First Grade
Sigh !

We were gutsy, and will need to continue being gutsy over the next month with the injury and suspension lists both growing. Can't fault our effort at all.

We have to be realistic. We aren't going to finish any higher than those bottom three spots in the top 8 and be a sitting duck should we make it to week two of the finals anyway. We need to be thinking about the future - and hopefully this difficult period gives opportunity to the up and comers. Now is definitely the time to be blooding players.

Despite only a short amount of time on the field tonight, I am looking forward to seeing how Jaiyden Hunt continues to develop. Additionally, Billy Burns is also a good pick up.

When Dufty returns from injury, he should be at six and Norman out (happy to have Clune on the bench or at least as 18th man in case things do fail).

Team for Week 12 vs. Tigers (assuming concussion protocols don't come into play):

1. Ramsay
2. Pereira
3. Bird
4. Amone
5. Max Feagai
6. Clune
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Faamausili

14. Ellis
15. Kerr
16. J Hunt
17. Ford

18. Alvaro
19. Norman

Future Team (assuming full strength - there may be some selection headaches once we get past this):

1. Ramsay
2. Pereira
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Dufty
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

14. McGuire
15. Kerr
16. de Belin
17. Clune

18. Faamausili
19. J Hunt
20. Alvaro
21. Ford
22. Ellis
23. Max Feagai
24. Matt Feagai
25. Norman
26. Williame
27. Amone
etc etc etc
After tonight. Alvaro in front of Ellis in your first watered down side.

qld redvee

Juniors
with the amount of players missing before this game we were always up against it. Then sharks looked like they were going to put a number on us but we slowly started to play. Vaughans shot to me seemed very soft and should have been a penalty only . when ramsey was taken that should have been a send off as it was a blatent head shot . Last week Dugan was a send off but we all "knew" that things would be wound back - typically after saints get the full treatment. I agree with Hook the guys really gave their all but losing to the scum in golden point is horrible. Team gave 100% but we are so short of talent and experience thats what got us in the end ( apart from that stupid decision to run instead of a field goal)
also Norman is loved by Fox commentators for some reason but i would have Clune and Hunt in the halves next week . At least Sims is back next week and I think maybe push Kerr back into the middle with Ford and burns as edges...
to me the worst thing about tonight was watching the scum celebrate after the game and heariing that song over the pa i should have hit mute earlier
Lets hope we regroup and take the tigers apart next week

redv13

Bench
Once again-every time we got the ball we dropped it. A certain forward just keeps on dropping it-don't know why he's in 1st grade. Simple mistakes every week cruels us. To me Hunt played and tackled brilliantly tonight.He should do all the kicking.
Once again Norman absolutely useless yet still gets picked. Running on the last in golden point-beyond dumb.
Plus we need a kicker-stick with Bird-at least he got his shot.
Pereira !! not a winger.
Near the end we went back to one out running-no side to side like last week. I cant believe this stupid tactic.Unfortunately to me Vaughan cant pass and shouldn't be in the team.I watch that absolute bas*ard Woods still manage to attract 3 tacklers and pass it-not one of our forwards is capable of this.
Losing to the Scum twice at our home ground is unimaginable-its sickens me.
We should be doing better and to me if we had a new 5/8 i think we could. But how do we convince Hook? Im so over watching Norman ruin us
Vaughan shouldn’t be in the team???? Really?? Way off with that comment

BLM01

First Grade
How long is this Kerr 2rf experiment going to last? He's so slow and out of shape and Hook keeps playing him for 80mins. We had them pinned and he lets winger make a break with lazy effort.
Harsh..I honestly think he is warming to that role but still a bit to go.
How about our playmakers set him up better in holes..he just has to hold onto the pill thats all.

Walpole

Juniors
Yours is the correct analogy re the end of the game

The game was there for the taking and both of our key players were too frightened of losing to force the win which we had worked so hard to get
Yes, the great players, the leaders want the ball in that situation and both our playmakers went missing. All the best teams have the player who can get them home and we just don't at the moment.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Yes, the great players, the leaders want the ball in that situation and they both went missing. I only hope that young guns like Amone look at what happened and think, "when it's my time, I'll go for it".
Hunt was great tonight but for f**ks sake just once take the bull by the horns and have a crack at a potentially winning field goal yourself. Take that next step now you’re the captain. Norman can get f**ked

Dion

Juniors
Norman is the new McCrone. Both terrible players who kept getting picked for no apparent reason. It’s actually worse with Norman though as he’s getting paid way more than McCrone and he keeps Clune, who is a much better half, out of the team!
Totally agree.
Clune needs game time and he will shine.
Clune/Hunt halves pairing our best option.

Dion

Juniors
Gareth, this club needs more Jack Birds. With more Jack Birds we win games like that one.

I said it just yesterday, we need players and staff with a win at all costs attitude.
Bird sets the tone for our Team.
Uncompromising hardnut who leads by example.
I was very impressed by Ramsey today. Love Dufty's attacking play but this guy is potentially better.
If he stays on the field, I reckon we win running away.
Also very impressed by the young winger as well as Jackson Ford.and even Amone playing out of position. They all play with heart and the jersey means something to them.
It demonstrates that our future is in the hands of our youngsters.
Lushes like Norman need to be shown the door.
Backs against the wall performance tonight which made me proud to be a Saints supporter.
Something that was always missing under McGregor.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Boys did well with all the injuries they had. They were severely depleted and Sharks were pushed to win it in golden point. Hunt was really good and is having a great season so far. Saints have got a good run the next few weeks with a heap of their big guns missing which is a shame. When they are back, Saints will play the big guns so the timing is not good at all. I am sure they would prefer to have the big guns in the next four rounds than any time after that as Saints should be winning the next 4 rounds with their top roster. This is what is going to make or break their season.

Raiders or Titans need to win by 34+ to overtake the Saints so there is a good chance they will still be in the 8 at the end of the round. But after this week I think if they don't start winning they will drop out and never return.

Billy Burns hit from Dugan was bad and I am confused as with many others why that was not a send off but Tyrell's was. Also Kafusi hit was similar last week and he copped nothing at all as it got Norman in the nose. At least Dugan got binned. The media did not even bring Kafusi's up all week, and I am sure they will not even bring up the Dugan/Hiroti cases either. Pretty sad when your team gets treated like that and I am glad Griffin did mention something in his press conference. Not that it will mean much but our top wigs should be really giving it to the NRL officials for their bias they are showing as it is the same team copping the raw end of the stick.

Latest posts