What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

JJ

Immortal
Too much like Nikorima for me, both in playing style & in lack of drive
But much more talent... in saying that, no here as well, we’re not equipped to rebuild struggling stars

Good for the Dogs, every week it clarifies more how poorly they treated Dean Pay

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Dogs having a big crack at Tevaga

Interesting that we’ve offered him a 2 year extension, so it will come down to what the Doggies offer him.

If he was able to get those dumb errors out of his game he’d go decent, but with that and our over indulgence of backrowers it’s a hard one

Scott

Bench
I like Jazz.

However, I'd be ok if he left - now.

We have more than enough cover in the middle. I'd like to see Ale & Sironen playing the role he plays.

Tongue

Juniors
I see Craig Bellamy said that Brandon Smith having asked for a release is fine, as long as the club he is destined to, can send a quality player Melbourne's way to cover for the loss of Smith.

With that being said, and if the Warriors were in the running, who would you send Melbournes way as part of the agreement?

With the talk of Tevaga being hot property, would that not be a like for like swap?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
There’s a story on NRL.com about Jazz and he’s been told if he’s here he’ll be playing off the bench and hooker too, which he’s not keen on.

He also mentioned Kodi playing hooker ‘whether he likes it or not’ and then said something like ‘kodi’s a good hooker as much as he hates it’.

Interesting that Kodi seems so against playing hooker

TheDMC

Bench
I wonder if Jazz is a player who is capable of helping a pretty shit team be less shit, but will also hold back a team from actually being good? Jamayne Isaako is another perhaps in that bracket (if it even exists).

And perhaps Isaiah Papali'i is a player who can't do much in a pretty shit team but can contribute massively to a good team.

I haven't been smoking doobs by the way.

Big Marn

Juniors
To be fair, he doesn't have the frame for 35-40 tackles in the middle of the park
so you use 2 hookers like we did in the old days. It worked well from what i remember. If the game is faster you need dummy halfs that can exploit fatigue. This is Egans main failing. He doesnt have the 10 yard burst required to make a break into the second level of defence where his support runners can finish off the play. Kodi would be capable of doing this.
Yes we appreciate Egans 50 tackles and directing the play but the modern day hooker needs to be able to do more.

Brookywarrior

Juniors
I see Craig Bellamy said that Brandon Smith having asked for a release is fine, as long as the club he is destined to, can send a quality player Melbourne's way to cover for the loss of Smith.

With that being said, and if the Warriors were in the running, who would you send Melbournes way as part of the agreement?

With the talk of Tevaga being hot property, would that not be a like for like swap?
Sounds good to me!

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Story on Insta saying Maumalo to Tigers for the rest of this year and 3 more til the end of 2024, worth 300k a season.

Huge if true, upwards of $450k extra in the kitty from nek year

Diesel

Coach
Story on Insta saying Maumalo to Tigers for the rest of this year and 3 more til the end of 2024, worth 300k a season.

Huge if true, upwards of $450k extra in the kitty from nek year
What’s he on at the Warriors? Or is this his last year

Latest posts