What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
You way overrate sides of the field. Shouldn't be an issue for a player on Critters money and in fact he's better on the right than the left.

Not saying it matters if he stays on one side

look at where he played

Left centre Round 1-3
Fullback until Round 8
Right centre 2 weeks
Back to fullback
Left centre for 2 weeks
Now right centre.

How is he mean't to find form combinations etc if he is never in the same role for long periods.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ben Ikin's last ep on 360 tonight before taking the Broncos gig and openly said if they could sign anyone it's Capewell. Looks like he'll be offered silly money

If Capewell is willing to take big over to play with a club like Broncos......bye bye mate. You won't be getting any where near the quality ball etc that you get here at Penrith. Your place will be filled by another who will suceed just like you did. It's the quality of players around Capewell that make him stand out. Not just his own talent. Anyone noticed who well Sorensen (sp) has been going recently. Same type of thing.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is why he can stay on the wing and the only harm in putting him in reggies is he walks.

Though I thought that would happen with Luai and it didn't. At the time (2018) I thought clubs would be lining up for his signature.

You want him playing on Tommy Turbo role from Origin. Imagine his speed outside of Luai for the odd.

Not sure how that development happens just from staying on the wing

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not saying it matters if he stays on one side

look at where he played

Left centre Round 1-3
Fullback until Round 8
Right centre 2 weeks
Back to fullback
Left centre for 2 weeks
Now right centre.

How is he mean't to find form combinations etc if he is never in the same role for long periods.
He's had it rough 100% but he's still not eating his cash. Ivan f**ked up badly moving him back to the left and letting Momo back on the left

franklin2323

Immortal
JFH deserves the big bucks.

I don’t see SOO in Crichton. I see Waqa Blake, I don’t see elite, certainly not anywhere near Latrell, Turbo or even the Morris brothers.

He bombs the odd try but aside from that what holes does he have in his game? Will only get better too

Smug Panther

First Grade
If Capewell is willing to take big over to play with a club like Broncos......bye bye mate. You won't be getting any where near the quality ball etc that you get here at Penrith. Your place will be filled by another who will suceed just like you did. It's the quality of players around Capewell that make him stand out. Not just his own talent. Anyone noticed who well Sorensen (sp) has been going recently. Same type of thing.
He's not young, I'd take the cash

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He's not young, I'd take the cash

It will probably come down to money I suppose. I can see Penrith using a Melbourne like strategy with the roster. After the elite players add in bodies that are willing to work hard, hold to a game plan.

I don't blame Kurt if he takes the money and runs........but surely there is more to life than just cold hard cash.......Go with big bucks, perhaps not see finals footy again. Stay for much lesser money, play great footy, finals and perhaps a trophy. That will be the - and the + .

franklin2323

Immortal
He's had it rough 100% but he's still not eating his cash. Ivan f**ked up badly moving him back to the left and letting Momo back on the left

Well he doesn't start his big deal until next season but he has decent numbers

132m a game ( 1st in NRL for centres )
6 tries. 5 try assists

Smug Panther

First Grade
It will probably come down to money I suppose. I can see Penrith using a Melbourne like strategy with the roster. After the elite players add in bodies that are willing to work hard, hold to a game plan.

I don't blame Kurt if he takes the money and runs........but surely there is more to life than just cold hard cash.......Go with big bucks, perhaps not see finals footy again. Stay for much lesser money, play great footy, finals and perhaps a trophy. That will be the - and the + .
Next to go will be Kikau...just how it works. Luai will also be offered a million plus a year and will have to walk at some point I imagine

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Next to go will be Kikau...just how it works. Luai will also be offered a million plus a year and will have to walk at some point I imagine

Luai has re-signed hasn't he. When does his new deal kick in ?

Reality is we will lose players.......Especially with the type of coin Fish, Luai, Cleary, Yeo, to a lesser extent Crighton, To'o, Lenu, Martin costing us in 2022. Sadly I can't see Kenny, May, maybe Kiks, Edwards staying past their current deals. Those spots will be filled with kids from cup, flegg or players out there cheap who are willing to follow a game plan, be super fit and work hard. Similar to what Melbourne do.

Api is a must keep too.

chrisD

Coach
He bombs the odd try but aside from that what holes does he have in his game? Will only get better too
Average footwork. Below average for a centre. He gets wrapped up like a forward. And bombing the odd try doesn't do him justice, he has a nose for finding a way to bomb a try as often as scoring one.

Panther79

Juniors

Reality is we will lose players.......Especially with the type of coin Fish, Luai, Cleary, Yeo, to a lesser extent Crighton, To'o, Lenu, Martin costing us in 2022. Sadly I can't see Kenny, May, maybe Kiks, Edwards staying past their current deals. Those spots will be filled with kids from cup, flegg or players out there cheap who are willing to follow a game plan, be super fit and work hard. Similar to what Melbourne do.

Api is a must keep too.
I don't think anyone in their right mind has a problem if May leaves.

Munky

Coach
Average footwork. Below average for a centre. He gets wrapped up like a forward. And bombing the odd try doesn't do him justice, he has a nose for finding a way to bomb a try as often as scoring one.

My biggest issue with Crichton is not hitting the ball at speed. Given his size that alone would break tackles.

Burton is brilliant at centre as he sprints onto the ball every time.

The_Frog

First Grade

Api is a must keep too.
First graders who command salaries below average balance out the superstars.

Panther Pete

Juniors
IF we want to sign a player who would make a HUGE difference to our team I would sign Connor Watson. Imagine what he could do on the back of our forward dominance and go forward. I don't think we can afford him unless Capewell leaves!!
I thought I read somewhere that Connor Watson was linking up with Craig Fitzgibbon at the Sharks next year to replace Chad who is off to the Cowboys.

franklin2323

Immortal
My biggest issue with Crichton is not hitting the ball at speed. Given his size that alone would break tackles.

Burton is brilliant at centre as he sprints onto the ball every time.

Burton also doesn't do the early tough runs that Crichton does.

That said Burton would of been a weapon centre

Panther79

Juniors
Does he want to leave? Does he love the club and want to stay? If the latter is the case I'd be happy to retain him at the right money.
Not sure on the answers but I want someone who plays well too, not just loves the club and wants to stay, the other question is, does anyone else want him? That effects how much he loves the club and wants to stay too.