What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Final 8 Games 2021

Dragon David

First Grade
Somebody on Foxsports has written that the Dragons will lose the remaining 8 games of 2021 and stay on 18 points and finishing 11th.

The report is headed -

Top-eight shock set for stunning fall as NRL finals race heats up: The Run Home​

PREDICTED LADDER AFTER ROUND 25

1 Storm (46 points)

2 Panthers (44)

3 Rabbitohs (40)

4 Eels (36)

5 Sea Eagles (34)

6 Roosters (32)

7 Knights (28)

8 Sharks (26)

9 Titans (22)

10 Cowboys (20)

11 Dragons (18)

12 Warriors (18)

13 Raiders (16)

14 Tigers (14)

15 Broncos (12)

16 Bulldogs (6)

7. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS (18, -10)

Run home
: Sea Eagles (A), Titans (H), Rabbitohs (H), Raiders (A), Panthers (H), Roosters (H), Cowboys (H), Rabbitohs (A)

Analysis: It’s somewhat surprising to find the Dragons as high on the NRL ladder as they are currently. They had a hot start to the season, only to fall off a cliff. Now there’s reports of serious fractures among the playing group, following Paul Vaughan’s now-infamous house party which saw him immediately sacked and 11 teammates sanctioned. All those players will be suspended for one game, to be spread across the coming month. The Dragons are looking to loan players from the Warriors just to be able to be competitive for the remainder of the season. The Titans and Raiders look their best chance to score a win on the run home, but there’s so much off-field drama at the club we’re resigning them to eight losses straight after the bye.

Major injuries: Max Feagai (concussion, Round 18), Cameron McInnes (knee, season)

Projected results: LLLLLLLL

Predicted finish: 11th (18 points)

I'd certainly like us to prove Foxsports wrong by beating Manly on Friday. I cannot see us losing all of the remaining games. If we did, well the BBQ at Vaughany's place will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Read it and laughed. Quality reporting....not

Says there are 'fracrures in the playing group' , well that line has been rolled out about us now for several seasons.

Says we are 'looking to borrow players from the Warriors", well that's already happened so we aren't 'looking' anymore, add to that he says 'players' meaning more than 1, well no, its only ever been 1.

Seriously demented reporting and obviously not a Dragons fan.

Like a few others I think we will get Manly tomorrow evening. The players know already, they have to lift, and especially the 'BBQ Boyz' who have to honour what they said in their apology videos/messages.

Dragons to win the Comp from 7th.
Get that up ya everyone who thinks we are sh!t.
This year is one of those years where who knows what could happen.
If Cleary and Yeo go down so do Panthers.
If Munster and BSmith go down so do the Storm.
If Reynolds goes down so do South’s.
If Turbo goes down so do Manly.
If Teddy goes down so do Chooks.
Eels will choke again but if Gutho goes down so do they.
Anything can happen. Just get to the finals and win your next game.
Yes one “glass half full” one eyed supporter.

BLM01

First Grade
Somebody on Foxsports has written that the Dragons will lose the remaining 8 games of 2021 and stay on 18 points and finishing 11th.

The report is headed -

Top-eight shock set for stunning fall as NRL finals race heats up: The Run Home​

PREDICTED LADDER AFTER ROUND 25

1 Storm (46 points)

2 Panthers (44)

3 Rabbitohs (40)

4 Eels (36)

5 Sea Eagles (34)

6 Roosters (32)

7 Knights (28)

8 Sharks (26)

9 Titans (22)

10 Cowboys (20)

11 Dragons (18)

12 Warriors (18)

13 Raiders (16)

14 Tigers (14)

15 Broncos (12)

16 Bulldogs (6)

7. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS (18, -10)

Run home
: Sea Eagles (A), Titans (H), Rabbitohs (H), Raiders (A), Panthers (H), Roosters (H), Cowboys (H), Rabbitohs (A)

Analysis: It’s somewhat surprising to find the Dragons as high on the NRL ladder as they are currently. They had a hot start to the season, only to fall off a cliff. Now there’s reports of serious fractures among the playing group, following Paul Vaughan’s now-infamous house party which saw him immediately sacked and 11 teammates sanctioned. All those players will be suspended for one game, to be spread across the coming month. The Dragons are looking to loan players from the Warriors just to be able to be competitive for the remainder of the season. The Titans and Raiders look their best chance to score a win on the run home, but there’s so much off-field drama at the club we’re resigning them to eight losses straight after the bye.

Major injuries: Max Feagai (concussion, Round 18), Cameron McInnes (knee, season)

Projected results: LLLLLLLL

Predicted finish: 11th (18 points)

I'd certainly like us to prove Foxsports wrong by beating Manly on Friday. I cannot see us losing all of the remaining games. If we did, well the BBQ at Vaughany's place will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons.
Sensationalism at its best
Borrowing warroirs players for the remiander of the season..yeah right (3 weeks is it not)
Fractured side?... on whose advice
So much off field drama!!,.. yeh right

mickeylane

Bench
Im
Predicting Dragons will be a different machine.. I’m telling you this team will be a totally different proposition for any team.. these players are exposed, embarrassed and out to prove to everyone that they’re more than just a bunch of dopes.. dry confident over next few weeks.. hoping to finish on 26points and finish 7th..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Dragons to win the Comp from 7th.
Get that up ya everyone who thinks we are sh!t.
This year is one of those years where who knows what could happen.
If Cleary and Yeo go down so do Panthers.
If Munster and BSmith go down so do the Storm.
If Reynolds goes down so do South’s.
If Turbo goes down so do Manly.
If Teddy goes down so do Chooks.
Eels will choke again but if Gutho goes down so do they.
Anything can happen. Just get to the finals and win your next game.
Yes one “glass half full” one eyed supporter.
We make in to the finals and lose to a full strength (insert top 4 club here) and Fox will say we choked.

This Year?

Immortal
At the start of the season I had us winning against the Sea Eagles and Cowboys. I'd like to think we could still do that even with the suspensions, but wouldn't at all be surprised if we didn't win any of the remaining games.
I'm excited to see how our young blokes go and even if we don't make the finals we'll be better served for next season. Results wise we haven't done great and we've had many problems with suspensions but there are many positive changes going into 2022.
Foxsports can suck on a Red V.

possm

Coach
Some will have egg on their face when the Dragons sail into the eight and perform well in the finals. It is a big loss losing Vaughan but may well be the turning point if De Belin performs well at prop. Our middle has been our problem and so maybe just maybe a change like this might spur the pack into action.

If the club picks up Pangai Jr for the remaining 7 rounds, we will be in with a big show.

If the club picks up another top prop for 2022 our middle problems will be over. It is just a matter of getting the boys to play to their potential, then again, hasn't this been our problem for the past 10 years. Now and again we get a glimpse of what the team is capable of and then we fall back into a spell of mediocrity.

BLM01

First Grade
Some will have egg on their face when the Dragons sail into the eight and perform well in the finals. It is a big loss losing Vaughan but may well be the turning point if De Belin performs well at prop. Our middle has been our problem and so maybe just maybe a change like this might spur the pack into action.

If the club picks up Pangai Jr for the remaining 7 rounds, we will be in with a big show.

If the club picks up another top prop for 2022 our middle problems will be over. It is just a matter of getting the boys to play to their potential, then again, hasn't this been our problem for the past 10 years. Now and again we get a glimpse of what the team is capable of and then we fall back into a spell of mediocrity.
Bit hard to pick up Pangai for the last 7 rounds he is suspended for a couple of them

Crush

Coach
Hahaha, the same media people that predicted Dragons to win the Wooden Spoon!
If they finish 11th and don’t win another game they should still have egg on their faces for predicting our great club would win a spoon!

Dragons make the 8 this year and it’ll be the most satisfying finals berth in my lifetime.

Mjab

Juniors
hoping for maybe 2 wins at least possibly more

a poor effort tonight though and I will probably agree with foxsports
those losses to sht teams like Dogs and Tigers were terrible and may be the difference in the end , games we should have won (and always seem to lose)

would like to make the eight but already feeling better than previous years under the peanut even if we dont
Pretty optimistic about next year already, I think Hooks done a pretty good job with limited resources and quite a few setbacks which are not his fault

matPORTS

Juniors
My take on our remaining eight games is - what is the end game here?

Maximum we can probably is expect is finishing where we are now (7th) and maybe knabbing a win in week one of the finals?

Do we continue to field a side based on experience in the hope of achieving this potential maximum result, or do we change tact and run with giving the more inexperienced members of the squad a go in prep for 2022 and beyond?

Mjab

Juniors
My take on our remaining eight games is - what is the end game here?

Maximum we can probably is expect is finishing where we are now (7th) and maybe knabbing a win in week one of the finals?

Do we continue to field a side based on experience in the hope of achieving this potential maximum result, or do we change tact and run with giving the more inexperienced members of the squad a go in prep for 2022 and beyond?
understand the point and pros and cons of both options

If we can make the finals , a great psychological boost to the club , no doubt, so I would play my best players to try to make it. Makes us a better sell to get better players down the track as well
having said that no tolerance for poor form or poor games to people like Dufty and Norman
They should be on notice every week with threat of replacement to give young players more time as well to gain NRL experience. IMO if players like Sloan, Sullivan , Amone are put in and do well , they then stay until they do very poorly and maybe have a rest

St Tangles

Bench
I realistically see 2 more wins for the season.

I would of been more confident if we had a few of the games at home but on the reverse a few we had away are now neutral

I wonder if they play our home game against the Titans at CBus