What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Game day!!!!
So does the disruption to the schedule favour the experienced Rabbits or our inexperienced Dragons?
I’m thinking it works in our favour.
Dragons in a boilover for the ages?
Ahh wouldn’t it be nice……
I’m not sure who it favours but being the last game of the triple header always makes you worry about injuries.

BLM01

First Grade
I’m not sure who it favours but being the last game of the triple header always makes you worry about injuries.
Dont believe that. In the good old days they played on cow paddocks to what they do today and had 3 grades in the space of 4 hours
Injuries of today are due to the sport science involved and training techniques of today which make these guys superrior atheletes which they are but i am not necessarily convinced that all they do are the best thing for body contact sports especially with wrestling techniques involved.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Game day!!!!
So does the disruption to the schedule favour the experienced Rabbits or our inexperienced Dragons?
I’m thinking it works in our favour.
Dragons in a boilover for the ages?
Ahh wouldn’t it be nice……
If I'm reading correctly, our team didn't get on the plane. Souths flew to Rockhampton and were turned around.

Yeah... I'll take anything at this stage.

BLM01

First Grade
Our game should be first. We were the early Saturday game followed by the other two but now we're shifted to last. Dragons shafted once again. Thank you Fox and the NRfL.
I dont get what dfference to us that makes?..unless you go to bed very early
What should of happened is that they made the Rabbitohs walk back from Rockhampton to Brisbane with their gear. If they could not make it back in time then we get a forfeit and the 2 points. Now that would of been fair.

mickeylane

Bench
Im actually going to reverse my prediction of copping plus +50.. I think yesterday’s disruption to South’s wound have them a little agitated .. I think we stay w them at least to Halftime where thereafter they will move away on the score board but by no means embarrassing - we lose 36-16

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yep as usual. At least they get to watch a few real teams go at it first so we can see how it’s done.
Would come down to best two games on early , esp , panthers /storm , prime spot 4pm...the betting suggests rabbits in a cake walk in our match , hence the Final Game .Hopefully the bunny boys read the press and believe this will be a romp and turn up with a complacent attitude . Mite just give us a sniff ....

I'm Hornby

Juniors
No need for insults Crush. I'm all for banter but that was a hit below the belt.

I live Near NSW.

Brought up as a westie, it's disheartening to see what's happening to me old stomping grounds. Best wishes to all.

But I'm also thankful that we have some place that is willing take in The Greatest Game of All. Not sure what we'd do without Queensland right now... maybe WA or NT.

I hear Darwin now has a purpose built Rugby League stadium at Warren Park, almost brand new. If things get any worse, we may see the Grand Final there this year.

I'm aware this isn't a political forum but I need to vent my frustration as a qld resident and NRL fan.

Yesterday when our Chief Medical Officer announced there would be no professional sport during the lockdown in my view was a complete about face and renege on any agreement they had in place with the NRL.

They welcomed the NRL here some weeks ago under the pretense that we are relatively stable in terms of covid 19 infections and we were willing to accept the covid protocols the NRL had in place for their teams/players/staff et al.

To then turn around yesterday and turn this on its head due to the government's delusion that they can eradicate the virus from QLD was utterley reprehensible and I'm surprised Vlandys and the NRL are being tactful with the media, I imagine this is only because they had it their way in the end.

If QLD is serious about having the NRL here and wants the economic benefits of every game here, then the very least our government can do is honour its word and give the sport some stability for all of its stakeholders.

If the QLD government isn't prepared to be consistent in its agreements with the NRL then the NRL should look to relocate to somewhere who will.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm aware this isn't a political forum but I need to vent my frustration as a qld resident and NRL fan.

Yesterday when our Chief Medical Officer announced there would be no professional support during the lockdown in my view was a complete about face and renege on any agreement they had in place with the NRL.

They welcomed the NRL here some weeks ago under the pretense that we are relatively stable in terms of covid 19 infections and we were willing to accept the covid protocols the NRL had in place for their teams/players/staff et al.

To then turn around yesterday and turn this on its head due to the government's delusion that they can eradicate the virus from QLD was utterley reprehensible and I'm surprised Vlandys and the NRL are being tactful with the media, I imagine this is only because they had it their way in the end.

If QLD is serious about having the NRL here and wants the economic benefits of every game here, then the very least our government can do is honour its word and give the sport some stability for all of its stakeholders.

If the QLD government isn't prepared to be consistent in its agreements with the NRL then the NRL should look to relocate to somewhere who will.
I heard the same press conference yesterday while driving to a job in Northern NSW. It was all a bit of a surprise and getting back across the border took some time. But I understand the reasons for the lockdown. This Delta variant is the meanest one so far.

And you know, it doesn't play by any rules, no warnings... there's no hotline or email address for covid. No room for consistency... right?

My understanding from the CHO was that there'd be no NRL games, but she didn't put a time frame on that. At least for Saturday.

My take was that the state govt and the NRL would sort it out, and they did. Maybe...

Tomorrow is another day. And there's a lot more swing and bounce left in this pitch. Prepare yourself for more 'inconsistency '.

TruSaint

Referee
Throw it around like we did in magic round in the 1st half. Had Melbourne a little surprised and it was working. One out footy today = 40 pt loss

Agree mate.

Just want to see some attractive footy, and who knows. Im not expecting much and I wont judge the 17 on todays game. I do remember a game a long while back where Piggy kicked the winning goal against the Bronc's when we had a massive toll of injuries.

Something along those lines would be a great weekend.

kit66

Bench
I dont get what dfference to us that makes?..unless you go to bed very early
What should of happened is that they made the Rabbitohs walk back from Rockhampton to Brisbane with their gear. If they could not make it back in time then we get a forfeit and the 2 points. Now that would of been fair.

The ground will be chewed up after two earlier games and could cause some injuries. Luckily we haven't had much rain in Bris lately so maybe not so bad. I only go to bed early if I've been naughty, or if the missus.....

Gareth67

First Grade
I am surprised that they didn’t contact the premier of South Australia and make a move down there .

I feel that it shall be only be a matter time before circumstances change yet again and the NRL will be playing musical chairs.

If they truly wish to save season 2021 then I would be looking at South Oz .

But back to tonight’s game , I am predicting a huge upset with the Dragons just pipping the wabbits with a sterling performance that will bring renewed hope for the team and fans . Dragons by 3 . 😇