What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Again, Big Red says that reports say we are after Moses Suli.
There was a report from the Herald Sun I think literally saying “as dragons close in on Moses Mbye they are also ready to pounce on Moses Suli if Manly will release him”
BLM01 says “don’t you mean Mbye”
Huh?
Too many Moses's for me to comprehend in the one week.
Sorry dont read the papers on line or physically
But no need, you can keep me updated...thankyou
But Id rather Moses 1 than Moses 2
As i said hope its a gee up

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I said he will have been in the 1st grade systems for 5 years by season 2022. So lets count together shall we:

Year 1 - 2018
Year 2 - 2019
Year 3 - 2020
Year 4 - 2021
Year 5 - 2022

That would be 5 years by the time the 2022 season rolls around. I never said he had played the entirety of these seasons, but the facts remain that he will have been in the 1st grade system for 5 years. I am trying to make it as simple as possible for you, but you seem to not want to accept the facts and that is your issue not mine.

As for me being a fortune teller? Well, I am a bit confused by that statement; but given it is nonsensical I will let it be.

As for agreeing weather he is a good player or not; I cannot comment and hence the central argument of my opinion. After 5 years in the 1st grade system I am not sure if he is a good player or not. I would love him to become a marquee type player for us, but he has not got close to that status to date.

Let's leave this back and forth now. You rate Zac Lomax (and I do respect your opinion) and I am not sure how to rate him as he has not shown any consistent form to convince me one way or the other.
Seems to me and my maths is ok that it is 2021 now and he hasn't completed 4 seasons yet until the end of this season but that's only my take on it and I could be wrong ........

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Seems to me and my maths is ok that it is 2021 now and he hasn't completed 4 seasons yet until the end of this season but that's only my take on it and I could be wrong ........
Yeah you are wrong mate. I said that by 2022 will be his 5th season in the first grade squad. I did not say he had played every game in each season since 2018, nor did I state that season 2021 is completed yet. I did say that by 2022 he will be in his 5th season in the 1st grade system. That means training and playing games in those seasons in the 1st grade squad. That means being exposed to 1st grade training, planning, rehab, playing etc. Is is that difficult to understand that 2018+2019+2020+2021 = 4 season and then when he enters 2022 that counts for another season of exposure and that would be 5 seasons?

blacksafake

First Grade
I hate the Sharks more than any other team in the comp. I live in the shire. I went to school in the shire. I grew up the only one of my mates that didnt go for Sharks. My father is a Sharks fan as are my brothers. There is a fierce rivalry.
I am extremely frustrated, and actually embarrassed, that the Sharks are heading North whilst we are heading South.
My Sharks mates all cannot wait until they see the back of Woods and are very excited at the recent signings they are making.
I’m not a Sharks fan and don’t have a soft spot for them, I would love nothing more than them to win the wooden spoon.
But that ain’t happening. They are making the 8 again this year with a caretaker coach and injuries galore.
Next year they’ll be a top team and we’ll be yet again looking at trying to slip into the eight.
We suck. The board suck. Hook is useless. The players don’t give a shit.
We used to be the big brother and Sharks the little brother, how those days have changed. Embarrassing.
It’s sad, I miss the 90s.
Feel better now that you’ve got that off your chest 😂😂

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah you are wrong mate. I said that by 2022 will be his 5th season in the first grade squad. I did not say he had played every game in each season since 2018, nor did I state that season 2021 is completed yet. I did say that by 2022 he will be in his 5th season in the 1st grade system. That means training and playing games in those seasons in the 1st grade squad. That means being exposed to 1st grade training, planning, rehab, playing etc. Is is that difficult to understand that 2018+2019+2020+2021 = 4 season and then when he enters 2022 that counts for another season of exposure and that would be 5 seasons?

I can understand your angst mate.

I thought the same, i.e he would have developed further by now. Maybe it was all the hype surrounding him by the press and fans.

Until I looked at his profile to find in the course of 4 seasons he has played a total of 45 games.

Thats about half of what we would expect. Be it injury, suspension, bbq-gate, we havent really had a good gauge sadly.

Im not gonna say he is a star, but I would like to see him play regular in footy, in the right position and judge him then. 2022 should give us a better guide me thinks.

BLM01

First Grade
Where in the forwards though? We have a backrow of Sims, JDB and Sua. Bench utility is his best position but o doubt he’s keen.
If i were coach I see Bird with a roving commission next year
name and start in the centre but at times swap or pop up everywhere in attack cause his energy, and difficulty to tackle and passing skills in the line are valuable including on edges both sides like a slower version and a similar role to Turbo (don’t worry not comparing him to Tom)
The game is heading back that way away from the structured pigeon holed attacks and block plays thank god
Remember in the last 12 months how commentators have been saying halves need to play “eyes up footy” and work together on the same side etc at times
Lo and behold most teams are trying that now
It is like most coaches listen to commentators or try to mimic the best teams. There needs to be more innovation .

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I can understand your angst mate.

I thought the same, i.e he would have developed further by now. Maybe it was all the hype surrounding him by the press and fans.

Until I looked at his profile to find in the course of 4 seasons he has played a total of 45 games.

Thats about half of what we would expect. Be it injury, suspension, bbq-gate, we havent really had a good gauge sadly.

Im not gonna say he is a star, but I would like to see him play regular in footy, in the right position and judge him then. 2022 should give us a better guide me thinks.
And at last sanity prevails. Thanks TruSaint. I totally agree that the young bloke has not had regular football, and not in the same position. I recall that idiot coach played him at fullback for one game in 2019 and then moved him, and I thought at the time that is a great way to undermine the kids confidence. I agree that he has not had regular football. I agree he has had a bad run with injuries. I agree that he had an idiot coach him for 3 seasons. I agree it is not his fault that Daley/Fittler anointed him as the "special one". I agree with all of this, but what I have seen of him to date leaves me underwhelmed. I wish I wasn't. I wish I could confidently say that this kid will be the best centre we have ever had; and I hope I get to state this in the very near future. I just don't see that in his game yet.

Crush

Coach
And at last sanity prevails. Thanks TruSaint. I totally agree that the young bloke has not had regular football, and not in the same position. I recall that idiot coach played him at fullback for one game in 2019 and then moved him, and I thought at the time that is a great way to undermine the kids confidence. I agree that he has not had regular football. I agree he has had a bad run with injuries. I agree that he had an idiot coach him for 3 seasons. I agree it is not his fault that Daley/Fittler anointed him as the "special one". I agree with all of this, but what I have seen of him to date leaves me underwhelmed. I wish I wasn't. I wish I could confidently say that this kid will be the best centre we have ever had; and I hope I get to state this in the very near future. I just don't see that in his game yet.
Hopefully tonight he plays his best game!
He owes the fans a couple of tries to make up for us having to watch Gerard Beale while he sat in a hotel room serving his suspension/quarantine.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Sims off the bench or up front
I agree re Sims. I love Tariq. Tough as teak. I am worried that his good games are getting few and far between for us. He is the other side of 30 now and has played tough for many years. I am starting to see the speed of the game catch up with him. Maybe off the bench lets us nurse him through another season or two.

The other one who confuses me is Jack Bird. Granted he has hardly played for a few years ,and he sadly carries a chronic medical condition. I am just not sure where he fits.

i. Is he quick enough to be a centre? If you play him and Lomax you have two slow'ish centres.
ii. Is he really a # 6? I would see him in that role as being similar to Jack Wighton. Almost devoid of creativity.
iii. Is he big enough to play back-row?
iv. Does he have the motor to play at #1?
v. Or is he just the quintessential #17, capable of covering many positions adequately?

thebigredv

First Grade
I think the Suli rumour is spot on. We have form when it comes to signing bang average discards

The main issue with Suli would be attitude which seems to be part of why Hook is punting Dufty. Suli has knocked this club back at the 11th hour which does not bode well for passion and there are murmurs that Hasler is not happy with some of his off field/attitude aspects as a footballer.

Given some of the drongos we already posses at the club, I'm not overly sure this is wise.

blacksafake

First Grade
I agree re Sims. I love Tariq. Tough as teak. I am worried that his good games are getting few and far between for us. He is the other side of 30 now and has played tough for many years. I am starting to see the speed of the game catch up with him. Maybe off the bench lets us nurse him through another season or two.

The other one who confuses me is Jack Bird. Granted he has hardly played for a few years ,and he sadly carries a chronic medical condition. I am just not sure where he fits.

i. Is he quick enough to be a centre? If you play him and Lomax you have two slow'ish centres.
ii. Is he really a # 6? I would see him in that role as being similar to Jack Wighton. Almost devoid of creativity.
iii. Is he big enough to play back-row?
iv. Does he have the motor to play at #1?
v. Or is he just the quintessential #17, capable of covering many positions adequately?
After a full off season should give us a better idea on Bird.

Latest posts