What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Souths

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
TPJ was average, but I'm not going to criticize him given what he's been through recently and the fact that it is his first game for us. He'll be better for the run.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Reynolds really had us on the back foot early with some good kicking, Nathan got better and better with his kicking throughout the game.
Kikau was really good off the bench, tpj solid and momo really showed some potential on the wing.
I really thought south's were grubby lots of facials and slowing the ruck. Latrell and Cody disappear as soon as the game becomes tough.
Fish will make a big difference to our starts when he is back.
He went well but he had to push the limits to keep them in it. That 40/20 was arsey as f**k and if it went 500mm wider they get flogged by 30 imo

Alintheeast

Juniors
Anybody else think there could have been a penalty try when offside Mitchell picked up Mansour knock on Laui was very close.

franklin2323

Immortal
Dyl will be fullback next week and for the rest of year if fit but we saw what a confident critta can do at fullback tonight against a very good team. He is still only 20 so he’s probably going to get his chance to be the first choice fullback at some point in the future and I think he has the potential to be up there with the best, you can see he is starting to work out his running game now and he’s always been very skilled. Give him a full year at full back next year or 2023 and he will be something special.

Crichton was strong but looked out of position a few times in defence. Certainly should push Edwards over the pre season

betcats

Referee
I think we will get more out of pangai going forward as well. He was solid tonight but he can be a game breaker. Good first hit out for him, nice to see him smiling after the tragedy in his personal life.

Munky

Coach
Anybody else think there could have been a penalty try when offside Mitchell picked up Mansour knock on Laui was very close.

No because Latrell was there and would be odds on to make the tackle and would be back onside if a panther got there.

The Realist

Juniors
Thought Kiks was enormous tonight. Quality all night.

Leota too made a real impact second stint.
Yeah besides his 1st half error he was excellent.

Anyone else notice how good our sets were when we had Kikau, Yeo, Martin taking consecutive hit ups? The momentum was tremendous.

When we tried to have our backs ruck it out we went nowhere. This is why I don't understand all the talk about kick return metres from wingers. It isn't really an important part of the game, it's just handy when you have a Mansour/To'o type of player. If a short winger didn't offer those metres they'd be a liability for a team as they give a distinct vulnerability in the air and they are usually not particularly quick either.

betcats

Referee
Crichton was strong but looked out of position a few times in defence. Certainly should push Edwards over the pre season

What times? He was on the spot for every kick. Either way that’s just experience, positioning can be improved with work pretty easily. He has already improved his positioning at fb a lot in the games he’s had there this year.

Munky

Coach
Souths just started very hot tonight, capewell and Martin are two of the better backriwers in the comp we can trouble teams with them starting.

Leota and Eisenhuth plodded pretty hard.

They get gang tackled because there is no elusiveness in their games.

Rush Yeo and we have an overlap.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
What times? He was on the spot for every kick. Either way that’s just experience, positioning can be improved with work pretty easily. He has already improved his positioning at fb a lot in the games he’s had there this year.

If Crichton is our next fullback, where does that leave Staines? I don't think he has what it takes to make a career out of being an NRL winger and everyone tells me he's a fullback in waiting.

betcats

Referee
Leota and Eisenhuth plodded pretty hard.

They get gang tackled because there is no elusiveness in their games.

Rush Yeo and we have an overlap.

Sorenson should’ve started over huth. We did a lot of one out runs to start the game. I think our terrible first half from last week influenced the way we started tonight, we weren’t moving the ball at all just playing safe.

Moses had a very good second stint.

The_Frog

First Grade
We had the rub of the green, to be sure, but I don't think there was anything too egregious and we were the better side. But if the exact same calls had gone against us, there would have been a sea of tears and tantrums in here from the resident whiners.
It is a hallmark of sporting forums the world over. You should check out the Souffs forum. I haven't but I know what they'll be saying.

betcats

Referee
If Crichton is our next fullback, where does that leave Staines? I don't think he has what it takes to make a career out of being an NRL winger and everyone tells me he's a fullback in waiting.

Fighting for a spot somewhere I guess. He’s a talented kid he will get more chances to prove himself he still has plenty of development to go physically imo. He will be in the mix somewhere he’s got one thing you can’t teach with his speed and a knack for scoring tries.