What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Maybe he’ll think twice about doing something like this in the future. Probably not though, he is an NRL player after all.
It’s a tough one mate. I get your point and walking away is the smartest thing to do. But there is always 2 sides to every story. I dare say a small fine and compensate the other bloke for his damaged phone and everyone move on. Not great considering he just signed with us but on the scheme of criminality in the current climate, not a biggy to be honest

TruSaint

Referee
It’s a tough one mate. I get your point and walking away is the smartest thing to do. But there is always 2 sides to every story. I dare say a small fine and compensate the other bloke for his damaged phone and everyone move on. Not great considering he just signed with us but on the scheme of criminality in the current climate, not a biggy to be honest

Not a biggy, but dumb as.
He's trying to resurrect his career.

Dragon David

First Grade
When will Dragons players/recruits get the effin message? You cannot take the law into your own hands. No matter how big or trivial the situation is, just don't let your brain implode and just laugh it off. No matter what you do guys, duty of care is important. Just don't let it get to you because at the end they will find a way to get at you and further embarrass the club.

We have become the laughing stock of the NRL without a doubt.

In reality we are not the Saints (well, we are the Dragons) but we are sinners.

BLM01

First Grade
When will Dragons players/recruits get the effin message? You cannot take the law into your own hands. No matter how big or trivial the situation is, just don't let your brain implode and just laugh it off. No matter what you do guys, duty of care is important. Just don't let it get to you because at the end they will find a way to get at you and further embarrass the club.

He us not officially an employee of the Dragons till Nov 1

denis preston

First Grade

DD, I bet if you spoke to a Cowboys, Tigers, Bulldogs and Raiders supports , they would lay claim to being the laughing stock of the NRL. It is obviously a moving beast and changes like the wind !

be55

Juniors

No offence to anyone, but some people yesterday, should have put their brain into gear before making comments...Yesterday you basically had people endorsing a roadside confrontation and the only thing that George did wrong was not smashing more than just the guys phone. And this was after it was reported he had his family in the car with him.

Like people are saying, it certainly isn't the end of the world. People make mistakes and i'm sure he'll learn from it.

I'm was more surprised, not by what happened, but by the comments of people about the incident. People who you'd think would know better, basically endorsing a violent altercation. If i was in my car with my girls, the last thing i would ever do is risk exposing them to a confrontation of any kind.

And before anyone says i'm a pussy, when i was young, you only had to look at me the wrong way and it was on. There was part of me that loved confrontation. When i was young i was fairly big for my age and didn't have any problem at all throwing that weight around.

But then something happened...

I grew up...

Sounds like some people, not only George, are still waiting to do the same.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Anyone would think that he had committed murder.Give it a break.Let's just talk footy.
I honestly think the police should have nipped it in the bud before it got to a charge. As I understand it, no one was assaulted or hurt. All the cops had to do was say to George " Mate, you've broken his phone. Buy him a replacement and let's move on." Would have sorted the problem unless the other guy was being uncooperative.

TruSaint

Referee

No offence to anyone, but some people yesterday, should have put their brain into gear before making comments...Yesterday you basically had people endorsing a roadside confrontation and the only thing that George did wrong was not smashing more than just the guys phone. And this was after it was reported he had his family in the car with him.

Like people are saying, it certainly isn't the end of the world. People make mistakes and i'm sure he'll learn from it.

I'm was more surprised, not by what happened, but by the comments of people about the incident. People who you'd think would know better, basically endorsing a violent altercation. If i was in my car with my girls, the last thing i would ever do is risk exposing them to a confrontation of any kind.

And before anyone says i'm a pussy, when i was young, you only had to look at me the wrong way and it was on. There was part of me that loved confrontation. When i was young i was fairly big for my age and didn't have any problem at all throwing that weight around.

I grew up...

Well said bro.

I grew up...

Violent altercation? Hardly.

_Johnsy

Referee
It begs the question (purely out of curiosity). What was George doing to warrant being filmed by a truck driver?

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I honestly think the police should have nipped it in the bud before it got to a charge. As I understand it, no one was assaulted or hurt. All the cops had to do was say to George " Mate, you've broken his phone. Buy him a replacement and let's move on." Would have sorted the problem unless the other guy was being uncooperative.
Again, and apologies but I don't think some of you understand how the criminal justice system works. The complainant does not have to have suffered "HARM" - (as defined) to bring a complaint of Assault. I would suggest that a formal complaint was made with accompanying evidence. While you and I (and I dare say the NSW Police) are probably thinking ...really???? They must investigate and charge if the evidence supports the same. We of course do not know what if any verbal threats were made, nor are we privy to the Complainants Statement. Perhaps the Complainant felt intimidated and threatened by a 120KG man?

What I have learnt over the past 29 years in the legal game is that there are always 2 or 3 or is that 4 sides to every story; and shades of grey abound. Sometimes I throw my hands in the air and say to myself "what even happened here". The truth is an illusionary beast at times!

The replacement of damaged goods would be considered a "civil" matter and the compensatory issues can be determined between the parties. If a criminal complaint of wilful damage (supported by evidence) is made, the Police MUST investigate and lay charges UNLESS the complainant withdraws said complaint (even then the Police have authority to continue with charges if they deem the matter to be of a serious nature).

If the complainant is adamant that a crime has been committed and they have substantive evidence in support.....the ship sails!