What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
Nnnnnnn now you can’t keep asking questions

His best mate was also at the Tigers and I would love to have seen him in a race with JAC and I reckon he might have got him too.
IMO there's no doubt he would have beaten jac especially over a 100.
I can say from my experiences he was quick. Imagine today with sprint training etc.

Old Timer

Coach
IMO there's no doubt he would have beaten jac especially over a 100.
I can say from my experiences he was quick. Imagine today with sprint training etc.
I had a lot to do with TR back then and interestingly his boss was non other than the great and immortal “Puff”
Lots of great stories which would show you the human side of men with real jobs and could also play footy at the highest level as well
Larry was his great mate and watch out if any one ever showed anything but utmost respect for him

blacksafake

First Grade
I had a lot to do with TR back then and interestingly his boss was non other than the great and immortal “Puff”
Lots of great stories which would show you the human side of men with real jobs and could also play footy at the highest level as well
Larry was his great mate and watch out if any one ever showed anything but utmost respect for him
I remember as a youngster who got the chance to sit on the bench for 3rd grade a few times as well as train with & TR was a hard nut but also a professional when it came to showing us juniors the way.
Pringle was another as well loving the "social" side of things

be55

Juniors
Violent altercation? Hardly.
Mate...i wouldn't have a clue what actually happened other than what's reported...The "violent altercation" i was referring to, was the fact that posters were basically saying that George should have started punching holes in the guy...If that had happened, it would have been a "violent altercation", that's what i was trying to say...

Reading my post back, i could have worded it better...

Mate...i wouldn't have a clue what actually happened other than what's reported...The "violent altercation" i was referring to, was the fact that posters were basically saying that George should have started punching holes in the guy...If that had happened, it would have been a "violent altercation", that's what i was trying to say...

All good. Rob Dragon 1 set me straight.

Gareth67

First Grade
Thanks Gareth. I have now worked out who that bearded centre/second rower is. That winger would definitely have given JAC a run for his money.

If it is the fellow whom I think it is , he was actually employed as a garbo at the time and the poor sod came down with lice . That forced him to have his thick course hair shaved , which gave him that ultra mean look although he was as tough as teak anyway .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Who cares really it’s a rugby league forum not a legal forum. Time and place for everything I guess.

BLM01

First Grade
Who cares really it’s a rugby league forum not a legal forum. Time and place for everything I guess.
Nor an emotional, moral or PC lesson forum which it has slowly become over 5 years I have been on here
I joined for the league fun banter, strong opinions and debates it used to be all about without emotion and as long it was forum legal you could debate or argue league anything rationally.

It is only a few high horses that spoil it
suppose all that whinge tells I need a break too! 😝

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Am I the only one who thinks Mitchell’s hit on Manu wasn’t high. , he was in his knees ffs.
Yep
minor suspension sufficient and accident
Not the hysterical media post match coverage and everybody weighing in on the trial by media
FFS Channel 9 were playing MRC with the charge book out
Should he have been sent off.. probably either or
But Robbos post media whinge and NRL and Perenara bunker bash and poor Rooster player negligence, was gold and worth a 10 fold fine 😁👍 and Robbo to be suspended from coaching longer than Mitchell will receive a suspension..
I may be a bit over the top there 😝