What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

simmo05

Bench
Hahaha love it. Describes him perfectly.

f**king weak merkin

Thats how he should be described from now on. Not 'passionate' or 'aggressive'. Just a brat that lives up his own ass and throws a tantrum when challenged. In other words, a f**king weak merkin.

Can't wait to see the Rorters forwards tee him up next season.
But will they though? Retribution should have happened the minute Mitchell walked back on the field

simmo05

Bench
Exactly thats all he needed to show a bit of empathy especially what he did to his mate, he showed no such thing carried on like he was the victim that what got the Roosters players all pissed, but Latrell wasn’t the only player ti show no empathy at all Gagai and walker also carried on like wankers…
To be fair, the great c smiff wrote the playbook on how too react to a serious injury

The lack of remorse from LM even after seeing Manu's face blew up greatly contributed to the lack of empathy from general footy fans.

Thats the real issue.

He still hasn't had the balls to come out and apologise to Manu. Shows what kind of human he is and is exactly one of the reasons the Roosters gave him the flick

taste2taste

Juniors
Gus is delusional, on 100% footy he blamed the tackle on Manu (paraphrasing) "ducking and looking inside for an offload".
Unbelievable.
Gus hates the rules and hates the ref's.
He whinges in comentry every time there is a penalty given.
It's not surprising he thinks the tackle is OK.
He is a fossil who needs to be punted by 9, along with his fellow whinger Joey.

Das Hassler

Bench
Gus is delusional, on 100% footy he blamed the tackle on Manu "ducking in and looking inside for an offload".
Unbelievable.

I've mostly tolerated gould but he's just showed himself as nothing more than a grandstanding god complex bore...by his reckoning anyone should be able to throw themselves into a tackle anyway they want so long as it's "without intent to injure" then put any serious injury inflicted down to just one of those things. And in case anybody didn't hear his proclamation of self importance the first time he repeated 3 more times that he's one who has " the courage and conviction" to speak his mind. ..like nobody else does. At least Chamas challenged him on his ego driven bullshit before being patronisingly reminded of the legend he was talking to. This loud mouthed bloated self loving bore has turned this 66 year old off the game as much as the rules-around has.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
I've mostly tolerated gould but he's just showed himself as nothing more than a grandstanding god complex bore...by his reckoning anyone should be able to throw themselves into a tackle anyway they want so long as it's "without intent to injure" then put any serious injury inflicted down to just one of those things. And in case anybody didn't hear his proclamation of self importance the first time he repeated 3 more times that he's one who has " the couragement and conviction" to speak his mind. ..like nobody else does. At least Chamas challenged him on his ego driven bullshit before being patronisingly reminded of the legend he was talking to. This loud mouthed bloated self loving bore has turned this 66 year old off the game as much as the rules-around has.
In his mind all injuries are accidents and high profile players should never be punished for breaking rules because he has courage and conviction. Everyone else in the media has an agenda and can't think for themselves.

magpie_man

Juniors
I've mostly tolerated gould but he's just showed himself as nothing more than a grandstanding god complex bore...by his reckoning anyone should be able to throw themselves into a tackle anyway they want so long as it's "without intent to injure" then put any serious injury inflicted down to just one of those things. And in case anybody didn't hear his proclamation of self importance the first time he repeated 3 more times that he's one who has " the couragement and conviction" to speak his mind. ..like nobody else does. At least Chamas challenged him on his ego driven bullshit before being patronisingly reminded of the legend he was talking to. This loud mouthed bloated self loving bore has turned this 66 year old off the game as much as the rules-around has.

Ditto. I generally can overlook the megalomania with Gus because he can be insightful and articulate, but tonight was just embarrassing. Calling anyone who disagrees with his assessment juvenile and immature is next level.

Das Hassler

Bench
Gus hates the rules and hates the ref's.
He whinges in comentry every time there is a penalty given.
It's not surprising he thinks the tackle is OK.
He is a fossil who needs to be punted by 9, along with his fellow whinger Joey.

More than that ..as with the "please don't start me" he just loves to portray himself as the man's man ...he blabbers on about how well and simply he would fix everything if it was up to him but when Erin Molan asked him on air a couple of times (last year sometime) if he'd take the job of running the nrl if it were offered to him (quote) " ok...you said you can fix it so if the job was offered to you would you take it TO fix the game" he glared at her..got flustered and stammered through a way to shift the subject...he.knows the game and who's who in the zoo but he's evolved into a grandstanding no consequences blowhard and a few of those sitting alongside him are starting to call him on it.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
T
Ditto. I generally can overlook the megalomania with Gus because he can be insightful and articulate, but tonight was just embarrassing. Calling anyone who disagrees with his assessment juvenile and immature is next level.
that’s what happens when you reach retirement age, you think your opinion matters most because you’re old!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Gus is delusional, on 100% footy he blamed the tackle on Manu (paraphrasing) "ducking and looking inside for an offload".
Unbelievable.
You are completely twisting what he said. He did not say Manu did anything wrong. He was simply making the accurate point that it was clearly not a premeditated hit by Latrell since if he didn't go for the pass the angle wouldn't have been the way it was and there wouldn't have been that sickening clash.

I've mostly tolerated gould but he's just showed himself as nothing more than a grandstanding god complex bore...by his reckoning anyone should be able to throw themselves into a tackle anyway they want so long as it's "without intent to injure" then put any serious injury inflicted down to just one of those things. And in case anybody didn't hear his proclamation of self importance the first time he repeated 3 more times that he's one who has " the courage and conviction" to speak his mind. ..like nobody else does. At least Chamas challenged him on his ego driven bullshit before being patronisingly reminded of the legend he was talking to. This loud mouthed bloated self loving bore has turned this 66 year old off the game as much as the rules-around has.
And you too. Gould was not saying Latrell shouldn't have been suspended at all. He was saying that a grade 2 reckless was absurd, this was a careless tackle. Not a reckless tackle. And that he was punished because of the injury, not because of the act. This is all true. If Manu gets up uninjured Latrell gets 2 weeks instead of 6. That is not justice.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You are completely twisting what he said. He did not say Manu did anything wrong. He was simply making the accurate point that it was clearly not a premeditated hit by Latrell since if he didn't go for the pass the angle wouldn't have been the way it was and there wouldn't have been that sickening clash.

And you too. Gould was not saying Latrell shouldn't have been suspended at all. He was saying that a grade 2 reckless was absurd, this was a careless tackle. Not a reckless tackle. And that he was punished because of the injury, not because of the act. This is all true. If Manu gets up uninjured Latrell gets 2 weeks instead of 6. That is not justice.
I've told you mate. If he did get up uninjured, you're right. But he didn't. Like the old story about me aunty if she had a dick, would be my uncle.

What's the difference between careless and reckless? To me, careless would be if I stuck a leg out, Langer style, or maybe a limp swinging arm. Reckless would be a flying shoulder to the head that was followed by a swinging arm, which is what Latrell did. C'mon. You've got to realise that everyone, apart from you, some Bunnies fans and Gus, sees it that way. You have to know if it was JWH you'd be losing your mind.

gerg

Juniors

I just dont understand why people who murder aren't treated the same as people who just slap another person in the face.

Munky

Coach
I just dont understand why people who murder aren't treated the same as people who just slap another person in the face.

If Andrew Fifita was able to play I wonder if he'd have 'Free LM' on his wrist tape?

morley101

Juniors
Reckless doesn't mean intentional. Like a motorist who speeds in a school zone.... He didn't go out trying to hit a kid but the result of his actions are reckless.
Latrell was running at Manu as quick as he could without time to tackle him correctly. His intent was to hit Manu with force and got it wrong. The speed in which he came at Manu was reckless.
The same as a speeding driver no time to stop.

Latest posts