What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

PJ

First Grade
NRL has played around, largely f^&king up the game all year, and now could show some real leadership.

Players, you sign a contract that you are happy with and that is what you are getting for as long as you agreed to.

Clubs, you signed a player for a price and length that you were happy with.

The NRL will register said contracts and both parties will be held to them for their entire length. Only exceptions will be if a player retires early for medical or presonal reasons (and said player will not be reregistered) or player misbehaves to the point the contract needs to be terminated (with an independent opinion on if termination warranted if desired) and will not be reregistered until the end of that contract would have ended. I'm sure someone can add other valid reasons, but hopefully not many.

Mid season there will be a 1 week peroid clubs can loan players for remainder of season.

No player negotiations are to be allowed until 1 week after the completion of the NRL season and only for players whose contracts have reached the end.

Whole thing with negotiating with a player with a year to go and clubs in line for a minor premiership able to add a rep class player with 3-4 weeks remaining is just ridiculous.

Act like a frigging professional sport.

R-15-3

Bench
If a player wants out of a club like Matterson or Momirovski style and they force the hand of the original club that players new contract should only be registered at maximum 90% and the original length of original contract. No leaving mid contact to get paid more.

Shouldn’t happen at all but that’s nearly impossible to force a club to be stuck with a player to put in little effort and play reserve grade.

Big Bloke

Juniors
NRL has played around, largely f^&king up the game all year, and now could show some real leadership.

Players, you sign a contract that you are happy with and that is what you are getting for as long as you agreed to.

Clubs, you signed a player for a price and length that you were happy with.

The NRL will register said contracts and both parties will be held to them for their entire length. Only exceptions will be if a player retires early for medical or presonal reasons (and said player will not be reregistered) or player misbehaves to the point the contract needs to be terminated (with an independent opinion on if termination warranted if desired) and will not be reregistered until the end of that contract would have ended. I'm sure someone can add other valid reasons, but hopefully not many.

Mid season there will be a 1 week peroid clubs can loan players for remainder of season.

No player negotiations are to be allowed until 1 week after the completion of the NRL season and only for players whose contracts have reached the end.

Whole thing with negotiating with a player with a year to go and clubs in line for a minor premiership able to add a rep class player with 3-4 weeks remaining is just ridiculous.

Act like a frigging professional sport.
I would love all that to happen but the way out for the player is if an offer came from outside the code. They could pay him what they want and pay a fee to the NRL club. Not sure the NRL could do anything about that.

carinashark

First Grade
I agree mate, the old homesick card is always a worry. There is something not right down at the Raiders though seems like a bit of a hostile environment. Players leaving, punching on and getting the boot, plus Ricky as the coach as well.
Bateman carried them that year though. He would be unreal alongside the players we have on the books next year.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Big yes to Haas but not 6 years haha. Too much of a risk.

Napa can get f**ked. Massive plodder and is probably bound for the old dart. Can steal a living over there.

I said at the start of the season that we should be looking at Nicholls from Souths. A no frills journey man who does his job. He has now had his best season, and is still off contract for next year, I think.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
dont forget only the roosters can afford a squad full of players earning a minimum 300k/season.

to me, hiroti is a more than adequate squad filler, and allows more money to go towards a full time starting center.

its a win i feel

crazy pineapple

Juniors
i expect the disruption of covid on nswcup etc has delayed alot of fringe first graders contract situations. i think a lot more "squad" player movements are to come.

aside from Ferris and Vasquez, a first grade center, a hard running prop and a back rower near on finishes our squad of 30

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Don’t mind his effort but I’ve never seen a player get so many tries disallowed in such a short career. Surely he’s due a treble after so many near misses?

Latest posts