What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Some handy young players for sure. Watch Griffin the f**kwit take all the credit for them like he did with our juniors

Yeah he won't live that one down.

Credit for starting them. Then again he played Norman in the 7 last night for no reason at all.

TheRiff

Juniors
It's not a swap I'm keen on (Sims for Kikau). Definately not for 2022.

However we need to be prepared to find another backrower. Capewell is gone. Martin's future on the edge is under the gun. Experienced backrowers seem hard to come by right now.

We have a few options, A fire sale will happen and can get a few cheapies

murraymob

Coach
Simms is contracted for next year on a reported $750 a yeAr.Would be a great buy if the dragons kick in half.Any more and he would be out of our range.we have enough for a low budget buy

TheRiff

Juniors
Simms is contracted for next year on a reported $750 a yeAr.Would be a great buy if the dragons kick in half.Any more and he would be out of our range.we have enough for a low budget buy

They signed 2 Origin guys in Molo and Sua, No way they pay any freight on Sims

Fangs

Coach

They'd make a play for Kikau 2022 in that case.

TheRiff

Juniors
If they want to move him they have to .he is contracted for next year he has his money if he stays

Depends on who makes the deal, He can speak to teams post November. Sometimes potential teams want the player earlier, In these cases the player just walks

It's not a swap I'm keen on (Sims for Kikau). Definately not for 2022.

However we need to be prepared to find another backrower. Capewell is gone. Martin's future on the edge is under the gun. Experienced backrowers seem hard to come by right now.
Why is our SOO back rowers future on the edge ‘under the gun’?

Whino

Bench
I can’t see Kikau going to Saints. I can see his manager using them to drive up his price though.

Martin is a middle, simple as that
I don’t agree with that. Why take someone with the aggression and the movement of Martin (who doesn’t necessarily have the size) and blunt that by playing in the middle the whole time. I get him filling in there, but you take someone who made SOO playing on the edge abs make him an average prop.

Girds89

Bench
I don’t agree with that. Why take someone with the aggression and the movement of Martin (who doesn’t necessarily have the size) and blunt that by playing in the middle the whole time. I get him filling in there, but you take someone who made SOO playing on the edge abs make him an average prop.
100%

Hes been brilliant on the edge this year.

He can play middle against more avg teams.

But as we saw agaimst melbs when he played middle he struggled. He got badly domintated due to his size and he just was nowhere near effective compared to on the edge.

His future might be in the middle but thats 5 or so years away when he loses a but of speed and mobility.

Smug Panther

First Grade
100%

Hes been brilliant on the edge this year.

He can play middle against more avg teams.

But as we saw agaimst melbs when he played middle he struggled. He got badly domintated due to his size and he just was nowhere near effective compared to on the edge.

His future might be in the middle but thats 5 or so years away when he loses a but of speed and mobility. O60

TheRiff

Juniors

What attributes does he have as an edge? Can't ball play, Offload, doesn't have footwork. Martin is a straight up hard running middle

Latest posts