What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 QF 2 Sat - Penrith 10-16 South Sydney @ QCBS

Finals Week 1: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
We had to beat you eventually, see you in the GF (I can dream)
I had really high hopes but now I highly doubt we'll beat the Storm if we do improve enough to make it to Week 3. On the other hand you are probably due to make one and have the chance to send Reynolds out a winner.

GongPanther

Referee
Great performance from Souths, especially on D. Panthers really missed Edwards. He would have supported that break made by Yeo. It also would have meant Crichton would have been on the wing and made a better attempt at tackling Gagai in that try. Hope he is back next week.
I suppose in hindsight, one has to question why we also did not rest the nucleus of the side V Parra last week. Any way, thats the way it goes, and all we have to do is show up for tomorrow's winner next week and make amends.

soc123_au

Staff member
Poor in most areas, The Cleary's choking in big games live on. Although everyone was in that boat out there
I dont blame Cleary for that loss. He didnt take control as much as I'd have liked, but he didnt have much help.

Billythekid

First Grade
Serious question:

Souths played a very controlled, disciplined game plan and stuck to it. No grubbiness, no cheap talk. Even Cody held it in. Did No Latrell help them?

I think their attack definitely suffers, they lose a bit of an X factor. What they gain in discipline and control may well be worth that trade off. That's what finals games are about and brain explosions and poor penalties/sin bins can and will lose finals.

Gmac

Juniors
Souths, Roosters and Manly will all give themselves a massive chance now. Not only making a grand final but watching Melbourne Penrith bash each other.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The teams second half of the season form, injuries and lack combinations since Origin only makes me rue losing last year's GF more. Last year we had no Origin to derail us but our inexperience still cost us. It will be a miracle if we make the GF now.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
@soc123_au sorry mate. You've been through a lot today.

This should help
tiktok-hot.gif

Latest posts