What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like that our outside backs all made so many carries. Seventy runs between the four of them. If our forwards had made more runs I don't think we would've held the Knights to four tries. I love Junior Paulo but the merkin could've been more effective in defence with fewer minutes.

Makatoa 4 runs in 14 minutes. Matterson would've been better, especially in defence.
Lane only made 63 m, Paulo played to many mins. Really needed kafusi I reckon (only got 2 big bodies rcg/Paulo). And Matterson.

the back 4 all made 149m or more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Play below our best against a side probably putting in their best performance of the year (or close to) and people are still whinging.

Plenty of positives though. But it seems most glasses are half empty here.
To be fair, the Knights completed at 94%. Their season average is 79%

hindy111

Post Whore
Totally agree, Pou. He gives me the impression that he doesn't care at times. These type of plays all add up to why we don't match it in games that matter. I don't think I'm harsh in saying that. He needs to be punted come contract time.

He has no balls. Look at even Cartwright. He gives his all.
So does every other forward. Lane and Sivo are both lazy

Eelogical

Referee
He has no balls. Look at even Cartwright. He gives his all.
So does every other forward. Lane and Sivo are both lazy
I'm still on the fence when it comes to Carty. I would have expected more game sense from him considering he's been around for some time. While he might have a good offload, his decision making is quite questionable at critical times in a game. Poor judgement when it comes to passing comes to mind. Another example of the difference between the good and great teams.

eels_fan

First Grade
We won our second finals game in 11 years.

and half you merkins are deathriding us already ahead of next week and bagging the team.

if you can’t enjoy a win, any win, in a finals match, then I don’t know why you bother at all in watching or being invested in a football team..

I’d hate to know you personally, you must be absolutely joyless pricks.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm still on the fence when it comes to Carty. I would have expected more game sense from him considering he's been around for some time. While he might have a good offload, his decision making is quite questionable at critical times in a game. Poor judgement when it comes to passing comes to mind. Another example of the difference between the good and great teams.

Tonight he chimed in well in his cameo. Last week he was horrendous in what was a bit of a trial game. Most the season he has been fine.