What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Absof**kinglutely, he stays down there it's a penalty every single time, hopefully he learns that lesson.

As much as we fans might not like it, milking is a skill, it gains you an incredible advantage ensuring you get the penalty from an indiscretion.
I remember reading some soccer player's defence of diving. He said you can also look at it like the defender cheated and the ref would've missed it, which isn't fair either.

Chipmunk

Coach
So after week 1 of the finals, the teams that finished 1-6 remain.
If us and/or the Roosters get through next week, it would be an upset given how we have heard all year how dominant the first 4 finishers were.
We're not expected to do anything from here, so we have nothing to lose from here on.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Looking at the replays, Fergo really was shocking in 2 of knights tries. Gee one was him trying to go for an intercept. And the kick behind him was a terrible effort.

He needs a rocket up him this week by BA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just sneezed. Should have been wearing my mask.
michael-gove-gimp-mask.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matterson not playing is something more like attitude. He said not played for 3 weeks so unfit. Well RCG didn't play for 5 and was injured so was unable to train for part of that also.
I call bullshit.
Yep, don't believe a f**ken word NRL coaches say and you'll understand the game better.

crocodile

Bench
Looking at the replays, Fergo really was shocking in 2 of knights tries. Gee one was him trying to go for an intercept. And the kick behind him was a terrible effort.

The kick behind wasn't as bad as it looked. Niukore was down injured leaving us a man short and once again having two guys running at Fergo. Ponga spotted the 3 on 2 and went for it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you liking what you see from Dunster? Does Stone have an NRL future?
I think Dunster is a chance of becoming a genuine NRL player. Hard to say with Stone. He offers too little in attack. I think the new faster game suits him better than the pre-Covid slower ruck though.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
Them two are the laziest. Dunster has been great on that left wing. Matto in for Lane. Better workrate and defender
both dunster and waqa has improved alot in a short period of time.

Will is doing great on the other side... Fergo is hot and cold

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Give me James Graham over braif Anasta on these fox shows even with his north pommy accent you can understand him better then braif
Anasta comes across as a bloke who is a bit dim but has been taught to present himself well. Like he was raised by hard working small business owners and was school captain and got NRL media training from a young age. He's just a bit thick. Reminds me of Harry Kewell.

yy_cheng

Coach
most footy players are a bit thick.

Didn't Fritzell stay on after his knock... I would've directed all the plays at him

hindy111

Post Whore
Newcastle are cooked moving forward imo
Klemmer is like an old man carting it up and Frizels best days are gone. Both on elite money.
You have Ponga costing over a mill who is great but only in patches. And they signed Gagai who I predict will go backwards fast.

Bandwagon

Staff member

He doesn't turn all that well at the best of times, getting his leg twisted off at the knee earlier in the game probably didn't help that too much.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Dunster is a chance of becoming a genuine NRL player. Hard to say with Stone. He offers too little in attack. I think the new faster game suits him better than the pre-Covid slower ruck though.
If Stone works on his dummy half play, he'll be a nrl player

His passes weren't that bad yesterday as compared to last time he was at hooker

Noise

Coach
If Stone works on his dummy half play, he'll be a nrl player

His passes weren't that bad yesterday as compared to last time he was at hooker
Yep his passing was much improved. Probably too many a bit too high but a lot better than previous efforts.

hindy111

Post Whore

Interesting. Cause I am thinking a big off season and he will be a good winger. Just needs a little more power. He isn't scared of the collision which is good.
I also find the decline in Bradman Bests strength alarming. He was almost unstoppable as an 18yld. I thought he would of gotten stronger not weaker. Very strange.