What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Some of those blue-chippers have stuck around due to being "work arounds" to NRL sponsorship (Toyota when Holden was a major sponsor, Vodafone with Telstra). Pretty sure there is another attempt from the NRL to cancel the Vodafone sponsorship at the moment...

But yes, a lot of those blue chip sponsors seem to have gone the way of the dodo. At the same time, a lot of previous sponsors have either been local businesses or mid-sized companies for a short sponsorship period. Realistically this is only the second team with a major gambling sponsor after the Titans, with the other clubs having gambling sponsorship in less lucrative spots on the jersey or shorts. So I'm not sure if it is actually bringing in big dollars, rather gambling companies taking advantage of cut-rate vacant spots on clothing. I feel as if the Dragons didn't have Sportsbet on their shorts until halfway through the season, so those spots would of come cheap.

This isn't just the NRL for me either. I'd have loved to buy the first Leeds United Premier League top for well over a decade, but the gambling sponsor means it can piss off for now (the Premier League is BRUTAL for gambling sponsorship).

That workaround strategy reminds of Big Kerry back in the early 80’s. Channel 7 had the rights to the Australian Touring Cars and so Kerry Packer hooked up with Kevin Bartlett and got him a thumping big Chevy Camaro to race through the season

With livery that would stick it up the Seven Network …

images

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

wazdog

Juniors
What constitutes a blue chip company these days? Is it based upon reputation and public awareness? Or do we count metrics like revenue, profit, employees or share price in determining this?

Arguably in many metrics, nib, who people consider a nice 'mid-size' company is one of the larger groups sponsoring the clubs and definitely dwarfs the likes of TCL and Aramex in Australia (although Globally both are massive companies).

Annual Revenue FY20 (Source: dnb.com / Currency: USD)
St George (Westpac) - $14bn
Toyota Australia - $7bn
nib - $2.0bn
Steggles (Bartter Enterprises Australia) - $1.4bn
Oak (Lactalis Australia) - $1.4bn
Vodafone New Zealand - $1.3bn
KIA Australia - $1.2bn

Canberra Milk (Capitol Chilled Foods Australia) - $980m
Neds Australia - $286m
Aland Developments - $118m
Aramex (Aramex Fastway Holdings) - $110m
Redzed - $63m
Aqualand - $55m
TCL Australia - $40m

URM - $24.6m
Laundy Hotels - $18.5m
Brydens Lawyers - $14.6m

The TCL you quoted above is TCL Hofmann. TCL Electronics had revenue of about $11bn USD in 2019. The partnership with the Rabbitohs now spans over 10 years as Alcatel previously sponsored us and is part of the same group.

Heisenberg

Juniors
What constitutes a blue chip company these days? Is it based upon reputation and public awareness? Or do we count metrics like revenue, profit, employees or share price in determining this?

Arguably in many metrics, nib, who people consider a nice 'mid-size' company is one of the larger groups sponsoring the clubs and definitely dwarfs the likes of TCL and Aramex in Australia (although Globally both are massive companies).

Annual Revenue FY20 (Source: dnb.com / Currency: USD)
St George (Westpac) - $14bn
Toyota Australia - $7bn
nib - $2.0bn
Steggles (Bartter Enterprises Australia) - $1.4bn
Oak (Lactalis Australia) - $1.4bn
Vodafone New Zealand - $1.3bn
KIA Australia - $1.2bn

Canberra Milk (Capitol Chilled Foods Australia) - $980m
Neds Australia - $286m
Aland Developments - $118m
Aramex (Aramex Fastway Holdings) - $110m
Redzed - $63m
Aqualand - $55m
TCL Australia - $40m

URM - $24.6m
Laundy Hotels - $18.5m
Brydens Lawyers - $14.6m
Semantics here, however Capitol Chilled Foods is owned by Bega Cheese which was over $2b in revenue. If you’re rolling St George up into Westpac could do the same here.

It really means nothing really but it would be interesting to do a comparison for AFL sponsorship

Diesel

Referee
Why is the Castore’s jerseys website copyright 2023 after the 4th jersey.

Anyhow the yellow one is the best

Reflector

Juniors
That workaround strategy reminds of Big Kerry back in the early 80’s. Channel 7 had the rights to the Australian Touring Cars and so Kerry Packer hooked up with Kevin Bartlett and got him a thumping big Chevy Camaro to race through the season

With livery that would stick it up the Seven Network …

images

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
Then he turned it into the Channel 6 Camaro:

flippikat

Bench
Anyone else here remember that time Manly (In their Pepsi-sponsored jerseys) won the Coca-Cola sponsored Sevens tournament?

Hit The Post

Juniors
The voting process for the Storm members jersey is now closed so I think the winner should be announced soon.

greenBV4

Bench
Storm will be wearing one of these next year as a ‘members jersey’. I bet the yellow one wins even though it doesn’t look great.

For a "members jersey", not a home or away, the skyline one is the best pick for me

Although it might be out of date by next year, with the Melbourne star being dismantled and all

yakstorm

First Grade
The TCL you quoted above is TCL Hofmann. TCL Electronics had revenue of about $11bn USD in 2019. The partnership with the Rabbitohs now spans over 10 years as Alcatel previously sponsored us and is part of the same group.
My mistake. I was trying to find the regional revenue versus the global dollars and clearly found the wrong company. Arguably if we do global, both Kia and Toyota would be significantly larger as well.

Semantics here, however Capitol Chilled Foods is owned by Bega Cheese which was over $2b in revenue. If you’re rolling St George up into Westpac could do the same here.

It really means nothing really but it would be interesting to do a comparison for AFL sponsorship
Good point.

Here's the AFL list:
Toyota Australia (Adelaide) - $7bn
XL Express Australia (Brisbane) - $70m
Hyundai Australia (Carlton) - $1.3bn
Fujitsu Australia (Essendon) - $770m
Programmed (Freemantle) - $1.8bn
Ford Australia (Geelong) - $2.3bn
Hostplus (Gold Coast) - $2.0bn
Toyo Tires Australia (GWS) - $97m
Tourism Tasmania (Hawthorn) - $23m
Zurich Australia (Melbourne) - $825m
Mazda Australia (North Melbourne) - $2.43bn
MG Motors Australia (Port Adelaide) - $99m
nib (Richmond) - $2.0bn
deliveroo (St Kilda) - $95m
Pepper Money (St Kilda) - $977m
QBE (Sydney) - $11.8bn
Hungry Jacks (West Coast) - $1.2bn

Wasn't able to find actual revenue figures for Emirates (Collingwood) and Mission Foods (Western Bulldogs), but we know they'd have decent revenues.