What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Another one that it was lamented that we let go was Sooky Saab. He is no great loss based on his recent games. His strengths are that he is tall and he is fast. Unfortunately he seems to a heart the size of a pea. Rarely gets involved in the tough stuff, and not much use bringing the ball back. As I said, no great loss.

Yeah so glad we let him go, who needs him and his 26 tries in 26 games and 6 try assists and his 17 line breaks, phew dodged a bullet there. Lovely kid too by all accounts.
But we've got Cody and his 6 tries in 19 games. We're laughing.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Yeah so glad we let him go, who needs him and his 26 tries in 26 games and 6 try assists and his 17 line breaks, phew dodged a bullet there. Lovely kid too by all accounts.
Saab has done well this year. The Dragons released him because he sooked and whinged and tripped over his bottom lip (no mean feat when you are as tall as he is) until management could see that he would provide no value. Saab didn't want to play for the Dragons, so goodbye and good riddance. I don't care how well the rest of his career goes, I have no respect for him or the way he went about it. Just my opinion of course, and you are entitled to yours.

Saab has done well this year. The Dragons released him because he sooked and whinged and tripped over his bottom lip (no mean feat when you are as tall as he is) until management could see that he would provide no value. Saab didn't want to play for the Dragons, so goodbye and good riddance. I don't care how well the rest of his career goes, I have no respect for him or the way he went about it. Just my opinion of course, and you are entitled to yours.
Didn’t want to play for the dragons or didn’t want to play under McGregor?
I think the latter.

Mickov

Juniors
Check the stats, Saab scored bugger all tries if Turbo wasn't playing he makes no tough runs and bails out on putting his body on the line. yes he is crazy fast but that only gets you so far when you leak one or two tries a game, did i forget to mention, he cant' tackle.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Saab certainly had a very good season linking with Des Hasler & Tom Turbo.

I am guessing when your agent says do you want to play for Mary or Des, the choice was easy for Saab.

He couldn’t wait to get out of the joint:)
I think we've got to try to find a positive spin though: the Dragons give their players an extra four weeks holiday each year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I always knew he’d be a big loss but he hated the club so it’s a waste of breath even talking about him and to be fair he wouldn’t have scored 26 tries with us, not even close, and Ramsey would have scored more than 9 at Manly let’s be honest we sucked this year.

St Tangles

Bench
I always knew he’d be a big loss but he hated the club so it’s a waste of breath even talking about him and to be fair he wouldn’t have scored 26 tries with us, not even close, and Ramsey would have scored more than 9 at Manly let’s be honest we sucked this year.
He hated the only club that gave him a shot as a kid

He came to us as clubs closer to where he lived rejected him

The second he got offered a bit more cash he pulled the sook card

No loss in my opinion

Spazer

Juniors
He is fast when running in a straight line and great when contesting the highball. But got brushed off by the hammer and burnt by duft when changing angles.

It's a loss sure but he wasn't good when Trbo was out which says a lot, he's not scoring double digits with us. Gotta say scoring 26 tries is still an impressive feat though.

kit66

Bench
How many tries did he let in with his lack of defence?

Another graduate of Deano and Mary's School for the Defensively Challenged.
Yeah his defence is crap and he drops more ball than even Ramsey and Zac but to say he's worthless is just sour grapes. It's a moot point point, he's gone but I don't like seeing people making up sh*t to give it to someone just to make themselves feel better. It's low.

Gippsy

Bench
Yes, he's a talent no doubt. But the greater issue is why he hated the club so much. What needs to change? Or, has the change already occured?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Yes, he's a talent no doubt. But the greater issue is why he hated the club so much. What needs to change? Or, has the change already occured?
It’s a mystery, considering he signed a 3yr extension the previous year. Obviously something happened to warrant his decision to leave. Probably a clash of opinions similar to what happened to Dufty.

Definitely a loss but with Ravalawa locked in on the right he’d be competing with Mat Feagai & Ramsey for the left wing spot. Assuming the Suli rumour is true the left winger should see a lot more ball next year, I’m pretty confident with Mat or Ramsey will stand up.

You can’t keep them all.