What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not even any signing rumours for some weeks now. I think we still have at least 4 spots available in the top 30. Looks like Griffin will be dumpster diving again after Christmas.

randomdragon

Juniors
Not even any signing rumours for some weeks now. I think we still have at least 4 spots available in the top 30. Looks like Griffin will be dumpster diving again after Christmas.
Negative as ever. Love it. Maybe if you broadened your horizons you would see the rumours. Although you’re so negative people who actually post the rumours probably have you on mute so you can’t see what they say.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Reuben Garrick is rubbish. As is Jason Saab. Manly were prepared to offload them both at the start of the year.

Tom Trbojevic makes them both look good. Without him playing, they're not even remotely as effective.
Well, if Manly were prepared to offload Garrick for being "rubbish", they dodged an almighty bullet after his point scoring record. Most of his conversions, that I watched anyway, came from out wide.

Not sold on Staines, But he's only young so you would epect him to improve.
Agree 100%.For me Staines is a very good finisher but that’s about it. Doesn’t do the hard yards coming out of trouble. That’s what helps a team go forward. As much as plenty paid out on him but back in 17 and 18 Nene MacDonald was constantly doing hit up 1 and making 150 run metres each game. Gets the sets off to a great start.

blacksafake

First Grade
We have 5 spots left
Rumours I have heard are that we may be looking at Martin Taupau for next year

We also are looking at Marata Niukore for 2023

The guy I reckon we should be going for is Spencer Leniu he is a great forward
Would be more than happy with Niukore but have also heard the warriors are also looking at him.

kit66

Bench
Reuben Garrick is rubbish. As is Jason Saab. Manly were prepared to offload them both at the start of the year.

Tom Trbojevic makes them both look good. Without him playing, they're not even remotely as effective.

You could say Saab is a bit rubbish, in some areas but Garrick is a great footballer. In just his 3rd season he's the top point scorer in the league - nearly 80 points clear of 2nd best !!!! He's equal first for line-breaks, in the top 5 for tries ( 23 - same as Addo Carr ), All Run Metres and Kick Return Metres and in the top 10 for tackle breaks, and you can't put all that down to Turbo. When Turbo was out for the Manly vs Cowboys match, Garrick played fullback and made 324 metres and scored 18 points. So you might want to rethink your position on that.
I said before, we had him waiting in the wings, killing it in reserves and the perfect man to replace Nightie and we let him go. Madness. Not as unforgivable as letting Manly pinch Michael O'Connor but close.

Last edited:

Dragons4me

Juniors
You could say Saab is a bit rubbish, in some areas but Garrick is a great footballer. In just his 3rd season he's the top point scorer in the league - nearly 80 points clear of 2nd best !!!! He's equal first for line-breaks, in the top 5 for tries ( 23 - same as Addo Carr ), All Run Metres and Kick Return Metres and in the top 10 for tackle breaks, and you can't put all that down to Turbo. When Turbo was out for the Manly vs Cowboys match, Garrick played fullback and made 324 metres and scored 18 points. So you might want to rethink your position on that.
I said before, we had him waiting in the wings, killing it in reserves and the perfect man to replace Nightie and we let him go. Madness. Not as unforgivable as letting Manly pinch Michael O'Connor but close.

"made 324 metres"......Seriously?? What he also had to run home and back at half time 'cause someone forgot the oranges??

Maddragon99

Juniors
The try he scored late running down the sideline he showed surprising pace then nailed the conversion. He’s no Chook Herron though.

kit66

Bench
"made 324 metres"......Seriously?? What he also had to run home and back at half time 'cause someone forgot the oranges??

Are you unfamiliar with the game ? He ran for 324 metres in the round 14 game against the Cowboys. It's an outstanding effort but not that uncommon that it should cause you such confusion.
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/sea-eagles/reuben-garrick/ his stats for the game are there in all their glory. A footy field is 100 metres long. They add up all the runs the player makes with the ball for the game...., you getting it now ? If there's anything else I can help you with.....

Dragons4me

Juniors
Are you unfamiliar with the game ? He ran for 324 metres in the round 14 game against the Cowboys. It's an outstanding effort but not that uncommon that it should cause you such confusion.
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/sea-eagles/reuben-garrick/ his stats for the game are there in all their glory. A footy field is 100 metres long. They add up all the runs the player makes with the ball for the game...., you getting it now ? If there's anything else I can help you with.....

Steady precious! 🙄🙄

possm

Coach
Hasler patting himself on the back while the Dragons Board look on in disbelief. And many on here did not want Hasler as head coach of the Dragons.

Latest posts