What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
i guess the question will be ....
are we or any other Club desperate enough to sign him to a 1 year deal , and would he be totally committed to said Club , with all the distractions and signings pending for the Dolphins ??
or do we only offer a 2 year deal , and concentrate solely on our Juniors ??
interesting.......

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m interested - what would be the current wages for our young group of guys in
- Sloan
- Sullivan
- Feagai’s
- Amone

Surley they wouldn’t be on a lot

kit66

Bench
Anyone watch the Intrust Cup semi - Burleigh Bears vs Norths Devils - it was on ch9. Nene McDonald had a great game for Norths, he's a beast, it's like he's playing against boys. I was really disappointed when he left us, would be a handy back up in reserves. Danny Levi played hooker for Norths too and had a great game - he'd also make a handy reserve for us.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Article just published that is linking us to Cameron Munster who is reportedly being told to leave Melbourne before next season

I hope this is bs, I've had more than enough bad news about the club this year thanks. Amone and Sullivan are really good young players, like seriously talented layers, that's our future, not another knucklehead. He's reasonably under control at Melb with Bellyache in charge, imagine him at Saints, he'd go off.

be55

Juniors
Millward is a dud!
welcome back GIF

BIG RIG

Juniors
It also seems like some of the people on this forum just can’t seem to be happy about anyone coming to this club

Like I could imagine someone like Tom Trbojevic rocking up at the club and merkins on here would still find a negative about it

Lile bloody hell some people on here were complaining about the Suli signing acting like we had sign f**king Issac Luke again

George Dragon

Juniors
Anyone watch the Intrust Cup semi - Burleigh Bears vs Norths Devils - it was on ch9. Nene McDonald had a great game for Norths, he's a beast, it's like he's playing against boys. I was really disappointed when he left us, would be a handy back up in reserves. Danny Levi is played hooker for Norths too and had a great game - he'd also make a handy reserve for us.

Nene is a total disaster, he makes Scott and Norman look like choir boys, he will never be allowed back at the club.

Levi has signed with Huddersfield

kit66

Bench
It also seems like some of the people on this forum just can’t seem to be happy about anyone coming to this club

Like I could imagine someone like Tom Trbojevic rocking up at the club and merkins on here would still find a negative about it

Lile bloody hell some people on here were complaining about the Suli signing acting like we had sign f**king Issac Luke again

People are entitled to their opinions, that's why we're all here. Suli will go OK I think and even Su'a whose signing I initially questioned could be an assett but if you want people to just shut up and blindly support signing a player like Munster, you're dreaming, he's a mug and we have some kids, halves options who we need to get on the park asap.

kit66

Bench
Nene is a total disaster, he makes Scott and Norman look like choir boys, he will never be allowed back at the club.

Levi has signed with Huddersfield
Aw just shoot a guy down !
Only kidding, thanks for the info as usual. Some handy props in that game too but most likely the better ones are signed to Broncs and Storm. Next week's Intrust Grand Final should be a good game.

BIG RIG

Juniors
People are entitled to their opinions, that's why we're all here. Suli will go OK I think and even Su'a whose signing I initially questioned could be an assett but if you want people to just shut up and blindly support signing a player like Munster, you're dreaming, he's a mug and we have some kids, halves options who we need to get on the park asap.
Oh yeah I 100 percent agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just laugh at some of those opinions haha

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Nope not one person would be upset if Turbo come to the club. You know it we all know it. I’d rather just work with Amone than get Munster for a year when he doesn’t want to be here besides a gap year and some coin.

kit66

Bench
In all honesty I believe that Amone and Sullivan May need another year of development but they do have the potential to be our halves partnership for the next decade

Sullivan is ready. He should have been on the park last year. His defence is first grade quality and his attack is going to win us games. Him and Amone have been the form halves in the lower grades for ages and if we don't give them a shot very soon then other teams will be more than happy to. Amone could be brought through over the next two years. Sloane also is good to go full time in firsts, I reckon we'll see him bulked up and ready for the number 1 jersey by March.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
i guess the question will be ....
are we or any other Club desperate enough to sign him to a 1 year deal , and would he be totally committed to said Club , with all the distractions and signings pending for the Dolphins ??
or do we only offer a 2 year deal , and concentrate solely on our Juniors ??
interesting.......
Our good juniors should always come first

Mojo

Bench
Nope not one person would be upset if Turbo come to the club. You know it we all know it. I’d rather just work with Amone than get Munster for a year when he doesn’t want to be here besides a gap year and some coin.
Where’s all this talk about Munster coming from? The guy has ratbag written all over him. It’s old fashioned but I believe it’s still true: StGI is rich with talented young players and always has been. Every game we play, our opposition has a few of our home-grown talented players. Why do let them go and pay good money for known crazies, rehab cases and semi-retirees to take their places? We talk about restoring the club culture. Well, the STGI culture IS developing great young footy players who live and breathe for the club. Look at Penrith and listen to what those young guys say about their connections, who they represent and how they feel about each other. That’s what builds great footy sides and wins games and competitions. Rugby league is a game of passion and belief upon which skills and tactics are built. It’s not a money game played in a marketplace of egotism.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Where’s all this talk about Munster coming from? The guy has ratbag written all over him. It’s old fashioned but I believe it’s still true: StGI is rich with talented young players and always has been. Every game we play, our opposition has a few of our home-grown talented players. Why do let them go and pay good money for known crazies, rehab cases and semi-retirees to take their places? We talk about restoring the club culture. Well, the STGI culture IS developing great young footy players who live and breath for the club. Look at Penrith and listen to what those young guys say about their connections, who they represent and how they feel about each other. That’s what builds great footy sides and wins games and competitions. Rugby league is a game of passion and belief upon which skills and tactics are built. It’s not a money game played in a marketplace of egotism.
Its been mentioned in here several times, apparently he's on the outer in Melbourne unsurprisingly and he is from Rocky. Watching Penrith last night even more reinforced to me, we need to do it our way. We don't have a heap of props coming through so sure buy props but halves is not an area we need to recruit unless it were one of the truly elite talents like Cleary or Tommy T I believe we are better served going with Amone, Sullivan, Hunt, Mbye, Sloan, Ramsey and possibly Lomax for our halves and fullback options.

denis preston

First Grade

Suli is not directly blocking any performing juniors path , Munster would take both Sullivan & Amone's gametime to get experience away plus take money away that we really need in getting the one or two good quality NRL forwards that would make life easier on the whole side.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Suli is not directly blocking any performing juniors path , Munster would take both Sullivan & Amone's gametime to get experience away plus take money away that we really need in getting the one or two good quality NRL forwards that would make life easier on the whole side.
Well Sullivan will get little game time next year with Hunt as halfback

plus I honestly believe we won’t sign any other forwards.

our pack already is

8. Lawrie
10. Molo
11.Su’a
12.Bird
13.De Belin
BENCH
15.Burgess
16.McGuire
17.Sims
RESERVES
18.Kerr
19.Fuimaono
20.Burns
21.Ford
22.Fa’amusili
23.Alvaro

I honestly don’t think any of those starting or bench forwards will not be in the RD 1 team

Latest posts